Photo

Restore stock twrp backup on wife's phone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

For whatever reason I couldn't get the ota to install on my wife's rooted/unlocked M. It failed at verifying apos, though I had used matts utility to go back to fresh stock, rooted and used stock recovery to install she hasn't or even knows how to mess with apps or bloat like that. If I'm not mistaken it's something with the maps app, so I left her on the 9.8.1q-66 and just flashed baseband. Froze updater as well.

I however got the ota to install on my phone, can I restore my twrp backup, then wipe data and factory reset on her phone to get her on a working update path?
Sorry if that is a stupid question, seems logical.

Sent from my DROID Razr M

#2 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Looks as though you did everything I had to do for the update to be successful.
Installed stock recovery.
Installed stock system.
Rooted.
The last step I'm not sure you did or didn't do was use voodoo to backup root then hide root then restore root.
I would think after all that it should work.

#3 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Looks as though you did everything I had to do for the update to be successful.
Installed stock recovery.
Installed stock system.
Rooted.
The last step I'm not sure you did or didn't do was use voodoo to backup root then hide root then restore root.
I would think after all that it should work.

I did protect root and temp, unroot with voodoo, did everything exactly as I did with my phone, not sure why it didnt work. So i was wondering if I can just restore my good backup to her phone in twrp.

Thats why I was dumbfounded at the update failing on her phone at verifying system/app/maps(longer name, but found it was google maps)

#4 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Don't see why not I've moved backups back and forth from my sdcard to my laptop. They work just fine . Just make a backup on yours then copy and past to your laptop and move to your wife's. I'd be interested to find out if the baseband changes say if after installing on her phone then restore a previous ROM and check what the baseband is.

#5 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Don't see why not I've moved backups back and forth from my sdcard to my laptop. They work just fine . Just make a backup on yours then copy and past to your laptop and move to your wife's. I'd be interested to find out if the baseband changes say if after installing on her phone then restore a previous ROM and check what the baseband is.

I would guess it would be the new .78p baseband, that is what I have installed on my stock backup.

#6 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Ya but I found out that when I restored a deodexed ROM I like because it accepts the no soft key mod also got the new baseband. So I have the new radio no mater what ROM I restore. Which is what I was hoping for. The system version doesn't change but I don't care about that. Just a curiosity I have as to taking the ota vs installing an already updated ROM.

#7 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

Well, it worked great, no issues, just restored system and boot.  Then restored her apps separately.

#8 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

Its things like this that make me glad I found this site. Cool deal man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users