Rycix

Bouncing Ball Of Energy / Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

Fastbooting is flashing your phone with a stock file to get it back the way it was out of the box. You use RSD Lite or the RAZR Utility (my favorite) to flash the fast boot file

To get into fastboot mode, turn the phone off and hold the volume buttons while holding the power button. Then use the volume down button to highlight AP fastboot and press the volume up button to select it.

That isn't completely correct. Fastboot files do not format the entire memory and then re-flash every directory back to stock. Fastboot does do the important ones or the ones that cause you to get bootlooping (unless you're doing something you probably shouldn't be) If you look at mattlgroffs 1.6 utility post, he says cdrom and logo will fail at the top of the page (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

).

On a side note, you should use mattlgroffs util to fastboot to 181 as you need to remove the OEM commands from the xml file to avoid flash failure
Droid Razr XT912, cooling down with ICS on 6.16.211

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#22 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

That isn't completely correct. Fastboot files do not format the entire memory and then re-flash every directory back to stock. Fastboot does do the important ones or the ones that cause you to get bootlooping (unless you're doing something you probably shouldn't be) If you look at mattlgroffs 1.6 utility post, he says cdrom and logo will fail at the top of the page (

).

On a side note, you should use mattlgroffs util to fastboot to 181 as you need to remove the OEM commands from the xml file to avoid flash failure

Well, if you wanna get technical lol...

But I haven't seen any custom boot logos so the boot logo failing shouldn't matter. Frankly, I am not sure what the cdrom part does.

#23 spartandefiance

spartandefiance

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

Fastbooting is flashing your phone with a stock file to get it back the way it was out of the box. You use RSD Lite or the RAZR Utility (my favorite) to flash the fast boot file

To get into fastboot mode, turn the phone off and hold the volume buttons while holding the power button. Then use the volume down button to highlight AP fastboot and press the volume up button to select it.

okay so i turn the phone off then, while holding down both volume buttons I turn the phone on and hold down the power button. When i do this the phone turns on then shuts off about 10 seconds later?

why is this so hard for me?

#24 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

okay so i turn the phone off then, while holding down both volume buttons I turn the phone on and hold down the power button. When i do this the phone turns on then shuts off about 10 seconds later?

why is this so hard for me?

Maybe this will help:

#25 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

okay so now im trying touse droid razr utility 1.6 and im trying to restore it to 6.12.181 but when ihit enter it say "system cannot find the path specified" I'm lost. I hate being such a pain guys, but more help? also when i try and hot spot after installing foxfii it still says that i need to suscribe for 30 bucks a month with verizon. help?

FoxFire doesn't enable the native tethering. When you open the app, you turn it on and you're done. The hotspot should be active at that point. I've been using it with my Razr without issues. Hope this helps with that issue.I don't know anything about rooting the Razr yet :)

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

#26 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldnt the Motofail exploit be simpler?
Posted Image

#27 Torin_93

Torin_93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

After you're on that leak is you choose to install it, this link will get you Safestrap 2.0 recovery, specifically for the ICS Leaks:

Just for clarification, safestrap 2.0 is just for ics?

#28 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Just for clarification, safestrap 2.0 is just for ics?

Yes. You need Safestrap 1.09 for GB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: root, noob, ics, safestrap, new, unlock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users