@droidrzr Member Giveaway 6/11-6/18

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

It has been a while since we gave anything away, and i figured we can kick off the summer the right way. With a big giveaway. We have given away many phones over the past six months, but now its time to show all you members some appreciation. I want to thank @jvan1474 for giving us the RAZR. In two more weeks we will be giving away another RAZR to a DEV also. So the things listed below are whats up for grabs. A total of 21 items are going to be going to 21 members. I must note that the RAZR does have a cracked screen, but it fully functional. So lets get on with what you got to do to win one of these great gifts.

This is what you got to do. Write a story about your experience with your phone , what you use it for,how much you like it, whatever. Tell us how DroidRZR has helped you ,or a certain member has helped you. Just post something positive. We have enough negativity in this world ,so lets keep this positive.Then tweet "ENTERED" @droidrzr.. Thats it! Also Please add at the end of your post if you have a MAXX or a regular RAZR!!

I want to thank each and everyone of our members that has made all this possible. No matter how much or how little you have helped,it dont matter. Every little bit helps, weather you are helping another member or you are a supporting member . Each person has a equal part , for making all this happen, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I wish you good luck, and have a great and safe summer.

DirtyDroidX

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

1.09MB   259 downloads 1 RAZR

28.68KB   232 downloads 5 @TBH CABLES
Posted Image 1 HD DOCK
Posted Image2 HDMI CABLES
Posted Image3 MAXX CASES
Posted Image3 WHITE MAXX CASES
Posted Image 3 BLACK RAZR CASES
Posted Image 3 WHITE RAZR CASES

THE CONTEST WILL BE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY TILL 11:59 AM WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY!!!!! GOOD LUCK:)

***And The Winners Are***

All winners need to PM DirtyDroidX with a mailing address. Please remember to give him your real names as well for the shipping.

3 White Razr cases: JimmyJazz, Nnnnr12, money mike

3 Black Razr cases: Majormer, Tech_Head, Johngi559

3 Maxx cases: gdfnr123, DarkOverDroid, HouseMD

3 White Maxx cases: Wulf, Knghts50, freestylesno

2 HDMI cables: orateam, abbott

1 HD Dock: Memnoch73

5 TBH Cables: SPC_Hicks, Seeker613, MRwest45, thbaybe, papi92

1 Droid Razr: Dubsx
  • Thach, mattlgroff, SpyderMan and 8 others like this

#2 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hello, My story behind my razr maxx is I originally bought nexus. I loved it. My problem was the battery and signal. I eventually sold my nexus to get money for a razr maxx. When I started using my maxx i loved the battery life and smoothness. Mattlgroff helped me get 85 installed on it and now I use it for business and pleasure as the battery doesn't die. I play draw something and 100 floors while gtalking mattlgroff and hashcode all day. I would like to thank those two for all the help they have provided me. They both have educated me and I am now not a noob. I have compiled a rom and made edits to it. Without their help I would just be another person begging for a rom to flash. Finally the person who has helped me the most since D1 days is P3droid. Honestly I am in debt to this man. Nicest guy in the world to me. Most of the time just messing around with him but always an amazing talk. He really influences my decisions on what phone I buy. I have a droid maxx and twitter handle is afox2015
  • mattlgroff likes this

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

Count me in for this contest!

Let me tell my little story.

I started messing around with Android phones a long time but I have never been on a better forums than droidrzr.com. I had been dying to put out a ROM or a theme or something for the RAZR ever since I got it, but never really felt like it would be appreciated. Then I found this site. Since then I have put out 2 ROMs with 2 more in the works and a theme, with more in the works. This site has been my home for a little while and will continue to be home. Vantenkeist (Lenny), Mattlgroff, DDX, andlaw and countless others have helped make me feel right at home here at droidrzr.com.

Now for the sob story (because you know everyone is gonna have one lol). As many of you know who are in the chat room often, I am set for my 3rd deployment in August of this year. As a lot of you know (because you serve as well), you don't make a lot of money being in the military which is why I'm entering in this contest. If I had the money to buy some of this stuff I would, but since I don't, I would like to be considered in this giveaway. Thanks for everything that everybody does here, I love this site and I love the people here.

Oh and I have a Regular RAZR, not the Maxx.

Edited by spc_hicks09, 10 June 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#4 biggerdjam

biggerdjam

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

i lyk da droid razer maxx aye lot n i hav tu say dat everything. i meen tteh batery is downrite AMAZIN! and teh fact that it is very thin.

#5 cmay227

cmay227

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

My maxx has been nothing but the greatest phone I've ever had! Had both a sgsII as well as a atrix 4g. iphone 2g,3gs,4,4s.. and a nexus for a couple weeks. battery life hands down has actually saved my
rear end a few times. i do boatlifts for a living. which bascially means i work on or around the water constantly. sometimes boating a lift to a marina can take as much as 2 hours pushing it with a jonboat.
I've had my motor die several times while doing this and have been floating on the water for hours waiting for someone to be nice enough to tow me in. 3 times this has happened and 2 of the times my battery had died,
usually about 6 to 7 hours into the day. sometimes i forgot to charge them the night before or just normal usage. my maxx has yet to drop below 30% and have gone 2 days on one charge. but the main reason i have deemed this the
greatest phone i have ever had is because, about 2 weeks ago i dropped my phone in the lake. I was freaking out, mainly because about 3 months ago i dropped my sgsII in lake texoma in about 20 feet.
Took about 5 hours to get home ,get my scuba gear, get the tanks charged and go searching. i found the phone (dead of course) and put it in some rice hoping it work come back from the dead. nope just sits in the drawer now.
back to the razr i recently dropped, bascially did the same thing and retrieved it from the lake about 14ft down sat for a day and a half in possum kingdom lake. did the rice thing and after 1 day I'm still using the phone. no water
in the lcd and runs like it did before it went swimming. now this may just be a very super lucky situation, and maybe 99 out of 100 times it would be dead or severly water damaged. all i know is it is alive and doing well here in texas. best phone ever. everyone on this site has posted some very useful info. I use to live on XDA, now i just i just visit. My new home is here, and everyone here seems very willing to help someone else out. and when i do
run into a problem i know you guys will be here. Thanks in advance . chris (Matts utility has already saved my rear end twice now)

Razr Maxx
  • cmay227 likes this

#6 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Good luck to everyone entering. Everybody deserves a chance to win :D
(I am staying out of this one. I like to keep things for the members lol)
  • Odiej34 and BowlingGuy86 like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#7 Majormer

Majormer

Call me Big Papa..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:@MajormerWizard
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

So my wife and step-daughter just joined my Verizon plan because their AT&T contracts expired. When I took them to the store, I couldn't get my daughter to even look at an Android (she is an Apple fangirl). However, my wife decided to get a Razr after reviewing all of the phones online. I would like to think she picked it for the features, however, she really picked it because it was purple. I was so jealous... and saddened because she could not appreciate that much power in her phone as I would have.

Now my phone wasn't due for replacement until August this year. I was given a Droid X by work so that I could be on-call and keep up on company emails. Since receiving my phone, my company got out of their contracts with Verizon by offering to pay our bills if we would take over the contract. No problem. I still had grandfathered Unlimited data!

Two weeks after my wife got her phone, fate would have it that my Droid X decided it didn't like booting anymore. In retrospect, I bet I could have fixed it. Instead, Verizon offered to allow me to upgrade my phone early instead of providing a replacement Droid X. "Dude, I got a Razr!"

So the moment I got my Razr, I loaded it up with apps and spent a ton of time bragging at work about it. However, a coworker suggested that I might be able to get a custom ROM and do some unique things with my phone. Enter DroidRZR.com!

I spent some time in the chat room trying to feel out what the state of the ROM scene was for the Razr. Instead, I found a very active community that supported each other whole-heartedly. Mattlgroff spent a ton of time creating utilities to get new users into the latest and greatest software hacks/tweaks that were available. Others, like spc_hicks09 spent a huge amount of time creating content for us to continue to explore and dream about. Others, like VantenKiest, assisted with troubleshooting and correcting those of us that fell into the trap of doing before reading. The community at DroidRZR.com has really enhanced my Droid Razr experience.

Since joining the community, I have...
...rooted my Gingerbread Razr (Thank you matt!)
...updated to .79 leak (Thank you matt!)
...bricked my phone by draining the battery without a valid system loaded
...built a jumper cable (Thank you sidgrafix!)
...got yelled at for hours for risking a $650 phone by doing things to it that were not covered by the warranty (Thank you, dear! I still love you!)
...bricked my phone again installing a ROM and subsequently fastbooting into a bad system (Thank you VantenKiest!)
...updated to .206 leak
...updated to .208 leak
...bricked my phone again trying to get to .209 leak and draining my battery again!
...built my own factory style cable
...updated to .209 leak
...played with custom ROMs, including KOA ROM (Thank you spc_hicks09!)
...generally enjoyed good company from enthusiasts that don't take it for granted that the Razr is what Motorola and Verizon tell you it is.

#8 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Well i just got my razr a couple of days ago and its be wonderful. I came over from a ReZound which was decent but it doesn't match the speed of the razr! I just upgraded to the .209 leak and now it's running like usain bolt! I want to thank to Droidrazr.com users for helping me the most(spc-hicks09, and bstrong). I want to realy thank bstrong because he is the one that allowed me to have such a wonderful device! I look forward to all the future developments for the razr. I use my razr for just about everything like home security(vivint), music player, connection between me and the outside world, and my despertate needs of videos on youtube. I know that im kind of a motorola noob and I ask alot of questions but just think about it the world revolves around questions. But anyways i would use that extra razr for testing purposes.

NOTE: RAZR

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#9 nin

nin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

Not much a story teller but i'll start with my android life began with the droid x then moved on to the htc thunderbolt but once i saw the droid razr maxx i knew it was the end of the line and this would be the phone to have the battery is what they say i'am away from home and working 12 hrs a day and i'd say i semi heavy use while at work and not once have i had to charge it at work

only been here just a bit under a month not had much experience here yet but when i needed to ask any question someone way always been there to help out
and since my time here i've rooted then went from 2.3.6 GB - .75 leak then .79 leak

so i guess i would give credits to all of

Thank You Everyone
nin

here's to hopeing i win

MAXX

Posted Image

#10 williamcrail

williamcrail

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

My Droid Razr.......

I first and foremost apologize ahead of time for any "run-on" sentences. I have a diarreah of the mouth problem. lol

When the Droid Razr started showing their flashy new commercials at the end of 2011, I knew I would make up for the first time around in the late 90's or early 00's when i couldnt afford one or for better explanation, could'nt afford the service activation fees with crappy credit, and rush out and get one!

Now, I have/had a Droid X and in my opinion, as my father used to say, was the best phone since "sliced-bread". But, again, this was my cahnce to finally be one of the "cool-kids". and get the Razr before everyone else. Or at least, around the same time. Lol.

Since buying the Razr and the "old-School" Lg flip-phone that I had to buy from a pawn shop in order to add a third line at verizon so i could upgrade early, I havent set it down. I don't care what anyone says or how many other bad a++ phones have been released or whatever since the unveiling of the Razr, again in my opinion, Motorola has the better phones(despite bootloading issues) that are available today on the market. I neer "rooted" a phone or heard about the concept or even had thought about it but, thanks to this site, and this site alone, and no; I am not "brown-nosing", I quickly received all the information to do so and to just see how far down this particular rabbit hole goes.

I am technically what you would call a "crack-flasher". I have flashed every available rom and theme that is available for my cdma version and I love them all. It has been a while since ive been employed and i know you said no negativity but this thing has practically helped me from making up some imaginary friends and talking to myself in a corner somewhere. Lol. I love it so much that I am on it until the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. My girlfriend has just given up on me when it comes time to hit the sheets. She knows Im out in the living room watching Adult Swim, simultaneously flashing new roms and themes and playing and downloading apps, and reading the new and forums on the DroidRzr.com site. I actually have been at a crossroad about whether to return to college and get the damn degree everyone said I was going to need years ago, so two weeks ago, I applied for the ITT in Denver and will be atending in the fall for... Software Development. In turn, the Droid Razr, the developers of all the sites, and the crew here at Droidrzr.com and friends, lol, have kinda, in a way, just opened a new chapter for me in my life. :)

So hell yea, thanks Droid Razr, thanks Motorola, Thanks to all the people with coffee, cigarette and other addictions that stay up late at night, like me, pissing off their wives, bf etcc,, and battling grueling hours of providing nothing an awesome +++++++ source of entertainment to people like me and everyone else. I speak for my girlfriend and I( who bought a razr too) ,when i say, keep em coming. We get another upgrade in a year or so. Gracias

DROID RAZR 32
WILLIAM CRAIL

#11 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

Ha! What I use my phone for...let's see...everything! I have replaced my laptop 95% of the time. I really enjoy forum surfing, music and YouTube videos. While there has been numerous helpful people, I'd like to give a shout out to matt. When his utility first came out I thought it was kind of silly (no offense) because I could already do everything it offered. Then I used it=). It allows me to streamline the process and just make life a little quicker and a little easier. Thanks matt!

I have a maxx.

Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

#12 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

Well when i first got the razr it was a close pick between that and Gnex. Razr had more of what i wanted like hdmi, webtop and some other things that influenced my decision. I loved dock station and used it quite a bit as alarm stand at night and after work connected speakers to dock and was my media center for my computer desk. I joined rzr.com same day i got my razr and saw development was a little slow with roms and themes. I was stock and happy enough with stock, but DDX reached out and asked if i could theme for razr. I felt the need to step up and make some themes and give a little back to the community. And with mudd and 24v around gave me motivation to keep going with themes.

This site was the goto site for all things razr for me. Just about every file i needed, or link, related to razr i got from this site. Big thanks to Matt's utility for making rooting easy :)

Sadly i had to part with the razr and it was like losing a close friend :( . I got the Gnex and I like it and have no regrets but, dont beat me for this, I MISSED BLUR. :blink: Yes i know its the anti-christ and something is wrong with me :)

I recently bought a Razr Maxx and glad to have blur again, missed my hd dock station a lot. Currently enjoying stock waiting on official ICS to hit (hopefully within next two weeks, yeah right :) ) so I can startup again with themes. Maybe sooner ;)

Razr Maxx

#13 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

I've been on the DROID bandwagon since my 1st OG DROID (Still my favorite device) I have had nearly every Motorola branded DROID available. (The only two active now are My MAXX and my wife`s half dead X. It has a thumb sized solid black circle burned in the screen) I had been debating and researching for a while whether or not to get the RAZR or the GNex. So, by the time I made up my mind, the MAXX was out, and that finished making my decision right there. Well, I strolled on down to Verizon to pick up my new baby, and as luck (My Luck of course) would have it, they were sold out. No problem, there are many Verizon stores close by that I can check out. I tried three more (Dang it) all sold out! Arrg!! Well, me being the impatient type that I am, I just decided to go with the Galaxy Nexus with extended battery...BIG Mistake. I had that thing two days, but was ready to take it back after the first. Well, to make a long story short. I returned the Gnex, ordered my RAZR MAXX, got it two days later through FedEx. and haven`t even thought about that Galax whatever....lol. Anyway, First off, about this forum's community. I'd like to start off by saying, having been on forums similar to this (Or forums that should be like this IMHO) since I had my first Windows Mobile Phone. I have never felt more welcome as I do here. Iv'e been a member of lots of forums over the years, but usually, because of the atmosphere of the forum I'm on at the time. I would just lurk,read,and download what I needed, then leave, and would never type a single word or phrase, because most everyone there would always seem so full of themselves. Anytime you'd even attempt to converse with someone, they would just ignore you like you weren't even there. While doing research on which phone to buy, I stumbled across this site. I lurked for a while, because I wasn't sure if it was going to be another run of the mill forum or not. Turns out, the more I lurked around, and read posts, I saw something that I haven't seen on other forums before, that was people getting along with one another. Noobs asking questions and getting non smart mouthed answers. Right then, I broke my silence for the first time on any forum. I feel at home here, and it feels great! Sure, everyone will disagree from time to time but, that`s human nature. It`s gonna happen but, one thing Iv`e noticed, is that we are all pretty tight knitted here. Even when spats do occur, they last for a very short time, then everyone is friends again, and go right back to helping one another like nothing happened (Just like family lol). One other thing I`d like to just point out. Unlike a lot of other forums Iv'e been a part of over the many years, Nobody here treats Noobs like they're crap. Just because they don`t come in already knowing everything, and that says a lot about this sites members. You let a Noob go to any other forum and ask a simple question, and just sit back and see how many times he/she gets told to learn how to use the f`n search bar and never receives any help at all, It`s sickening. Every single person on this and every other forum, was once a novice/noob. (It's seems like some people start gaining knowledge, then forget to pay it forward.) That`s one of the single greatest things about this site, is that everyone is treated equal, and do their best to help out or at least point you to someone who can help. Whether it be Mods, Admins, Members, Donating Members, Themers. Everyone is treated the equal, and I love it. And one more thing. Your actually allowed to speak as you feel (Within Reason, there are kids that come here too) without getting banned. What a concept. Those other forums could learn a lot from DROIDRZR.com.I've seen people get banned from other sites for just asking an Admin a question he didn't feel like being bothered with. (That's terrible) This site helps keeps me sane. I'm able to get on here and talk to people that don`t know you or look down upon you. It`s great. I can see myself here at DROIRZR.COM for very long time. Thanks, from me, to EVERYONE here.:) Even if I don`t win anything, I wish Great Luck to those that enter. And Mega thanks to DirtyDroidX and DroidRzr.com for doing this. (Hey TSON) you asked in another thread where all the donations go...Well, Here`s your answer bub. :) Oh, I forgot to mention. I have the Maxx and I have to do everything on it, it`s my primary internet source. Sorry for the extremely long post.

Edit: No need for what I originally posted.
Posted Image

#14 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

I love my Maxx.

No big story per se. I started rooting on my X2, after owning the X, then got the Maxx. This site, with the links to others, and my paranoia about killing my phone, gave me the courage to attempt rooting, flashing ROMs, and applying themes. I also have learned the courage to do my Xoom, a Nook Tablet, a Bionic and so on - by using the knowledge and experience on my Maxx, from the great folk on this site. I believe my Maxx is the best phone I even owned and unless a new phone has a similar battery, or makes me breakfast in the morning, I am just not that interested. Thanks to all here!

And last, I have the means to get all I need for my phone. I have a great case, cables and I really would not use the dock. NET: Please enter me for the contest and if my name wins something, please donate my prize to any miliary member - starting with SPC Hicks. I have a Marine kid, and an Army kid who will also be heading again to the sandbox in the near future. My hat is off to all of our youngsters standing between me and the bad guys. This is a small way to say to say Thanks again. And knowing my sons, any thank you is well deserved.

Proud father of a US Marine

#15 tbaybe02

tbaybe02

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:tbaybe02
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

ooook....

Started with the OG droid... got the balls to root it and put a rom, was kinda good at it, so i started helping some others at the time... Then i helped this guy who lived what seemed like across the world. Well obviously the conversation didnt stop at helping him with his phone ;) Traded my OG droid for a DX, that is what he had, and my OG took a poo. So the talking continued, but battery sucked! And we couldnt even video chat, no front facing camera! So the wait for a good phone to come out to upgrade for was on.... The Gnex was "the phone" all the devs were getting, but i am a moto girl, i cant help it. The Razr was ooook but not worth my upgrade, then i heard about the Razr Maxx. But i knew i wouldn't carry around a stock phone, so i stumbled across this site to see what i could do with it if i got it. Im pretty sure i joined this site before i even had my Razr.

So anyways, got my Razr Maxx, and YAY i can video chat with my "guy" who lives thousands of miles away! (of course he got a Razr Maxx too) I rooted and romed my phone first, cause he was too scared, and just like old times i walked him thru all the steps :)

Who knows, we might end up having a droid wedding one day :)

So thats my story... thanks for reading.... Oh, and i hope i win something!!! :)

#16 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

I started out with the OG Droid (cause iPhones are for girls), had it rooted, overclocked, & custom rom'd by day 3. I tried every custom rom available & changed everything I could. No matter how much I tried, it just didn't have the ram I needed. So I was gonna get the Bionic when it was supposed to be the next BIG thing-we all know how that went, so I held out still rockin the OG. I never could make myself take the plunge because there was always something I didn't like about the phone or I'd heard about the next thing coming. I didn't buy the original Razr because of the hump. When I saw the Maxx & its 3300mah battery, I jumped on it (the fact that my OG had started making random calls & sending random texts helped expedite the decision). Anyways I couldn't be happier (phone wise), my city got 4G shortly after my purchase, my wife bit the bullet & got a Razr (so now she's not constantly fussing at me about "playing" with my phone), and all is well.

Oh, I almost forgot-thanx to this site & its many geniuses, I had the Maxx rooted & custom rom'd before I ever made it home from the VZW store. I've tried the custom roms but I actually prefer the stock Moto look/feel so I'm currently rocking 206. I want to upgrade to 209, but as soon as I do 210 will be here.

Thanx for reading my post & thanx to the great devs here that make all this possible!! Also, thanx for letting me be part of this awesome community.

Razr Maxx FTW!!!

p.s. I'm currently trying to convince my bro-n-law to ditch the girlphone & step up to the big leagues, so if any of you know someone that wants to trade a Razr/Maxx for an iPhone let me know.

Sent from my PhatMaxx.

#17 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

Twas love at first sight.

My company was getting upgrades for new phones, and my Droid X was looking a little rough these days. It's fully functional, but it has a black circle burned in the screen. I had two choices, not pay anything and keep my unlimited data, or buy the Razr MAXX. I didn't have much money to spare, but I bought it, and it was one of the best decisions I've made in my phone purchasing history.

I'm always used to purchasing Droids off of craigslist, mainly because I was on a family plan and couldn't buy them outright then. So, I'd venture to a gently used one. I've had a touch-screen enabled device since the Compaq H3600 (

).

Let's get to why I love this thing.

I've always had decent battery life on my Droids. They'd last me until anywhere from 7AM-4PM in medium use. Which wasn't that bad because I'd always have a charger with me, and always used my Droids as my mp3 players in my car (That's what my DX is now). So, in plain and simple english...the MAXX's battery life ROCKS. I can go for 30-40hours on a single charge with the same use (if not heavier sometimes)! With the new ICS leak, I've been able to multi-task like no other. I love holding down the home button to swipe away open programs, or disabling 4G when I don't need it, or having Smart Actions set when I walk into my office at work. I'm a battery-sipping ECO-friendly guy when it comes to my phone. So whenever the phone isn't being used, I have a smart action set to help not use so much battery. It's amazing.

I couldn't have gotten to the ICS leak without some really talented and helpful people on here. I jumped on the chat room one day to see about getting some help, and it's crazy how willing they were to help. They took me through the entire process from Fastbooting back to 181 so I can load 79 ICS. Then, when I had messed something up, they helped me get from 181 to 209, and never ran into any problems since. Now, ever since they took me through the tutorials and ropes, I'm on chat just about every weekday talking to the guys and helping people out. This community is awesome.

Here's the list of people who have helped me out:
mattlgroff (Matt's Util)
razorsedge (helping me in chat)
boxermansr (helping me in general)
2tealth (helping me get to 209 from 181)
majormer (helping me in chat)
echew (helping me in chat, and helping him out)
VantenKiest (helping me unbrick my phone)
TSON (helping me in the forums)
spc_hicks (helping me in chat, and helping him out)

and probably a few others I'll add on later. All these people taught me what I know about my Maxx, and without them, I'd be surfing through the depths of the forums instead of being able to post this. There is probably not a whole lot of people who I've helped so far, but I intend to help as much as I can.

BTW: and correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this contest be 6/11-6/18? :D

P.S. I have the Razr MAXX

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#18 Razroid

Razroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

My usage of android phones started with a little motorola backflip. I started rooting and flashing roms after roughly 2 wks with it and installed cm7 on that, after that, I help people around me (which had the balls) to root and flash roms on their devices.

After 2 years or so, I moved from the slow, unbearable device to the droid RAZR when it first came out. my country still does not sell screen protectors or covers till this date, devices is getting quite beaten up, scratched corners etc. one of my retarded friends even shot a staple bullet using a rubberband at the kevlar of my phone thinking that it is actually bulletproof.

I had a very great time using my device, Rooting, flashing thousands of roms, decided to settle on the Black Widow Ics till Moto decides to get us some ice cream.
I also hacked the apk of S-voice (from GSIII) and made it work on my phone, I also installed GSIII's TwLauncher (after 2 hours of editing files)

I love this community, and appricate all that help you guys have given me, I have apperently soft bricked my phone like, 7 times.
There was one when I had to cut open one of my usb cables, and screw the ground and red wire under the battery screws and charge it (obviously having to take the back cover off).

Now, Singtel is jumping onto 4G LTE and lowering my 12gb plan to 2gb D': I wonder how I will live with such a small data plan.

Overall, I would like to thank all the awesome people that helped me and all the other people in the community :D

Oh by the way, I would love to win that black RAZR case, my country still does not have any stock for screen protectors and cases D:

-Razroid

Edit: what do I have to do with the twitter thing? I don't get it...

#19 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

I am in love with my Droid RAZR and I am in love with this community!!!

This was my first Android phone. I have to admit it was difficult at first to figure out all the ins and outs of the phone since I came from a blackberry. Thanks to this community, I now know everything there is to know about my razr and more!!! This community from the chat room to the detailed OPs to the supportive admins, devs, themers, and members has become like NY Android family and I truly appreciate everything the community has done for me and all the other members.

Sent from my ICS Leak RAZR
Posted Image

#20 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

I've had a hectic life lately to say the least. My father was taken away from me, my grandparents all are now gone, and the rest of my family is in general turmoil. On happier notes my wedding is next week and my fiancee graduated with her Pharm.D. at the start of the month, but although that is happy news it is by no means without stress both emotional and practical. My Razr was a birthday gift from my father, with my actual birthday being 11/15 and the phone arriving for me on my birthday halfway by surprise. I've since lived by my phone, and it has taken me a long ways. I use it constantly for both work and personal use. Email, texting, phone calls, browsing the web, remote desktop, syncing to my exchange contacts for phone calls and GPS, reviewing documents for work while in our clean room where it is extremely cumbersome to get the actual paperwork... the practical uses have been endless. When I've been down, having quick access to a good laugh (YouTube, DYAC, Memebase/Failblog/VeryDemotivational a.l.a. BestDem app) has been invaluable to me. This community has been both a resource for tools/ROMs/other goodies for me as well as a place to get away from the stress around me and help somebody else out every now and then. Knowing that we have people out there like Hicks that have it in them to serve us all on front ranging from being in 'the service' to providing high quality ROMs is always a refresher to remind me that there really are some good people in this world.

Edit -> OG Razr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users