Agreed. Lol
Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

#42 gdfnr123

gdfnr123

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Well i used to have a droid 2 until i eventually bricked it. I was an idiot flashed the wrong firmware and also i was in a hurry to acquire a new phone because for my jobs and etc. I was running around in circles between three phones. The maxx, rezound, and the galaxy nexus. I got to admit the rezound and galnex screen was phenomenal but i decided to go with the maxx was because of the lapdock, accessories, of course battery life brought my attention, data receptions. as well as bluetooth 4. I was originally waiting for the s3 but seeing the s3 now makes me feel relief that i have an awesome phone which also serves as a computer or tablet(ics webtop). The only drawback is of course the bloatware. I don't mind the screen, quality is great theres really nothing to complain about except the ICS release date. Been waiting forever. DAM U MOTO!

RAZR MAXX

#43 niblonions

niblonions

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

So let's start my response off with a story about how I came across this phone. My previous LG revolution had cracked its screen from a mere 3 foot drop onto cement. It did not work sadly. I had to get a new phone since warranty does not replace a cracked screen. The date was 11/11/11 and I said to myself let's make this a good day by getting a phone I will use for years and will provide me with excellent service. The Droid Razr was my choice. I have not yet considered trading my phone's reliability with another. It proves to be a great choice. I feel as though I have a mini laptop with me all the time. The number of things I can do with this that make others jealous is substantial.
My phone is a razr.

#44 priddyma

priddyma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationDeKalb, IL
  • Current Device(s):HTC One XL, Motorola DROID RAZR

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

I just recently got my RAZR. Let me say I thought I was a crack flasher with my bionic... but it is much worse now. I use it for almost everything... music... games... keeping in touch with friends and (trying to) help others when they have trouble. This website has helped me install the ICS leak and given me manyyyyy things to flash to my phone. I just love the fact that Android is whatever I want it to be. Not what someone else wants it to be. Regular RAZR. Love it.
DROID RAZR XT912 Batakang JB | Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue - On the way!

#45 DrNoob

DrNoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

I just wanna start out by saying i wouldnt have my phone in working order without the helpful people on this site i would have bricked a long time ago! I use my phone not just for calls and text i love to play around with it like flashing new roms , leaks and hacks! My life wouldnt be the same without it! I realy cant pin point one time someone has helped me because there is so many times you guys where ther for me! but the most resent time was last night when 2tealth help me with the beats hack! Now im jammin! by the way i have the maxx! Good luck all! :)

#46 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

You kids these days have it so easy. When I first started it was with Drums. Being rooted ment you were sitting down when banging on them. There was no one around to help. They would throw spears at you and take your drums but never help. Then evolution moved on. Rooting 2 tin cans and a string ment wrapping them around a tree. Opps I may have went back a bit to far but I was there. (Cept for the 60's & early 70's, don't remember much there).

I've had a car phone (yep we called them that!) that came in a suitcase and took up the passenger seat. Drifting into the future... I've been thru many a phone the BB Storm comes to mind the DINC & DINC2 were just great phones. I may have stayed that way if they had the DINC 4G before I switched to the Bionic and now The Razr. I've rooted just about everything I own. including the wifes phones. She don't mind cause I make them work better!

I've been on many a site for just about everything. @droidrzr has to have the best users and mods on the planet. I don't post much/often for several reasons:

I read everything about what I want.
I read the entire OP. and watch the comments after it.
I try not to be the first to flash something. I like to wait until some of the kinks are worked out. Been burnt on that a few times. (Cept that .84/85 mess LOL)
I'm to damn lazy to put my jug-o-shine down to type. Actually I've RA in my hands and it hurts to type alot.

I do just about everything on the phone these days. I could almost shut down the PC. But yet there are times one has to use it. If you don't see me posting I'm still here lurking in the background. I find it's the only way to keep up with what is going on.

Me and my OG RAZR love this place.

PS:

If you can't figure out the user name divide it in half fold the first half over on top of the last half and it's a mirror image. Yeah that would be my name....

#47 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

First thanks to all those who came up w/the idea for this site & run it.
I have gained more here than many others put together.

Matt for amazing productivity in coming up w/Utils that save devices & simplify the whole experience.

Nitro for the Eclipse 1.3 ROM, this is what rooting & customization is all about!
R3Ds for his excellent Urban theme.

vtbmxwin for unflagging help & advice par-excellence, thanks guy!

majormer for showing me how much of a benefit the chat room can be.

My Maxx is my checkbook balancer, record keeper, entertainer, personal secretary & so much more.
Oh yeah, it also keeps me in contact w/people - it _is_ a phone; & a very smart one at that! It is indispensable.

Finally thanks to all of those here in the forums wko have provided help & answers.

Good wishes to all here that make my technical life easier, & have taught me much about a technology that means so much to my day to day functionality.

slinging along the web on my Maxx, SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#48 Kebob

Kebob

Dev

• Developer
  • 246 posts
  • Google+:kebob.rzr@gmail.com
  • LocationWashington

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Well, I got my razr for Christmas but at the time I was wondering if I should wait till my birthday(January 26). I didn't and regret it. Because about 1 week later It was announced that on January 26 the Razr maxx would get released. I do get terrible battery life and cant use 4G because my battery dies 3x faster then it does regarly. I am on the road about 24/7 and that is when I use my razr but I have to be careful using it because I cant have the battery die on me. Anyways pretty much a horrible experience with the phone and really need the razr maxx so ill probably end up buying it because of this community here. I was thinking of buying a Galaxy Nexus but as Ive spent more time here i have found many helpful people and great developers. I would rather not leave all this behind so I will eventually get a razr maxx and then all problems solved. Probably spc_hicks would be the person who helped me out the most considering everything I have learned from his Rom and just his posts in general. I have a regular Razr

#49 en7gm4

en7gm4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/en7gm4
  • LocationtEXas

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

well my first android if i can even call it that was this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

phone. I do not know what I was thinking back then. I guess I saw Tmobile bogo sale. That phone was the opposite of totally awesome. I like what android had to offer even the little the garmin had to offer. So after keep that phone for about a few weeks if that we decided to trade it in for an upgrade the vibrant great phone. After we (me and my wife) got tired of waiting for the gb upgrade for the vibrant we switched to the G2x good phone just had too many problems out the gate. So after going round and round with t-mo about issues with the g2x we switched to verizon and got the razr. and of course everyone knows how awesome this phone is and the devs that build rom and the themers that theme for us crack flashers.

#50 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

B) nERd Here!

My RAZR story
-==========-
As the company 'nerd' and family pc support guru, I have been the one everyone follows for phones, computers, electronics, games and all things tech. My VP at work says, he doesn't buy anything tech until I have purchased it or run it by me. He knows i know what 1080p really means, quad core cpu's, overclocking, and shell scripts are. I pretty much gave up purchasing phones on contract 3 years ago after realizing i will always upgrade my phone at least once a year. The RAZR is the first phone that makes me regret that decision.

After going through these phones over the last 18 months (EVO, Vibrant, Fascinate, Incredible2, captivate, nexus galaxy, Sensation xl), i hit the brick wall with the RAZR. Unlike some, with this phone, I have no desire to upgrade. It was the best phone on the market and still is. This forum is a huge reason it's great and the ONLY reason i still have it.

I've been a long time hacker and a member of XDA since 2002. when i got this phone, all i saw were negative posts and GSM only posts over there. Straight answers were hard to find and everyone complained about it being a locked phone and never going to buy a Motorola again posts. Matt posted over there and pointed me here. Ever since, i've become a dedicated fan of this site. Since coming here, i saw others that loved the phone without having to hide in the so called shame of their CDMA owned phones. Many more users have come here and the administrators with the phone giveaways did an amazing and generous job of getting great devs to work on our phones over here.

With the guidance i got here, and because its more than just "go read this post" responses that I got here, i was able to:
* root this phone,
* install bootloaders, safestrap, bootstrap
* open my phone with my fingernail and read about Maxx conversions
* break my phone, leading to creating a jump cable out of one of my too many standard mini usb cables.
* Jump my phone,
* break it again.
* RSD all the way back to get to the offical LEAK via cheesecake
* Re-RSD to new leak via /system/cache method

With this knowledge, 5 co-workers and 4 related family members now own RAZR's which i maintain and upgrade for them.

Here's the good stuff. I friggin love this phone. I keep my phones in the cupholder in the car for easy access and they usually bounce around like a pinball and get all beat to hell. I hate using phone cases so they end up selling for much less than i would've like them to sell for. The RAZR has kevlar and it's no gimmick. It has never been in a case and i throw it around the house like a rock. i don't baby my phones. i pay top dollar for them and have no desire to cover them up so someone else can enjoy them. If i wanted to put a cover on it, i might as well cover up my seats at home with clear plastic too. Screw that. Guess what though, not a scratch on this phone. The back looks great and the sides don't look used either. As for the phone itself, it has a ton of RAM, which all my other phones lacked. This means that the phone operates pretty damn quick even with 10+ apps running. It has a ton of space and takes a memory card so i have over 40 gigs on it. I actually love motoblur and the widgets it comes with. Because of my crappy phones in the past, i own several launchers including adw ex and several themes. I have yet to install one. Prior to this latest ROM, i could hotspot as well. Battery life is great for me.

So in a nutshell, my RAZR (not maxx) is the best phone i've had. Because i don't plan to get a new iphone with that crappy iOS or a galaxy III nuetered US version, it will probably be a long time before i decide to rebuy. I paid $599 for it for the luxury of a no contract phone. Considering i have never had the same phone for 3 consecutive months for awhile, this phone looks to be staying with me so long, i actually should have purchased it on a contract. There have only been 2 phones that stood out in my mind, the HTC blueangel and the original iPhone. Add this phone to that list. It may not have been as revolutionary as those, but it showed what a phone when it has it all down right, should work. From looks, to feel, to software, to droidrzr.com support, this is the phone i recommend hands down.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#51 mixerpilot

mixerpilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'm a n00b when it comes to "smart phones". I chose the Maxx over the Gnex and have never regreted it. Would just like to say this is one of the best communities I have been around. Thanks again for all the help and hard work that goes into a place like this!
  • DarkOverDroid likes this
Posted Image

#52 GregBFL

GregBFL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Let me begin by saying thanks for the contest. My RAZR story ... My company was up for their Verizon contract so the owners decided that everyone would transition form Blackberry to the newly released iPhone 4S. Seeing how I hate anything to do with Apple, I requested that I get the newly released Droid RAZR. After a lot of arguments they finally agreed and I receive the RAZR, Since that time I have quitely been enjoying my RAZR and as opportunities arise, I politley demonstrate how the RAZR makes the 4S an inferior product. Whenever we have a conference call I am called upon to use my RAZR because the radio/speaker is better than that of the iPhone.

I am in construction and we often need to access drawings while we are in the field an I can easily do it motocast which absolutely blows the minds of everyone else. They still cannot believe I can access my computer by my phone. Best of all the RAZR is 4G LTE ... I have already opened up my drawings and have been reviewing them as the iPhone is still downloading. I could go on and on but the best testiment to the RAZR is the owner of my company has stated that the next time we upgrade phones the whole company is going with RAZR's. That is pretty profound when you consider he is the one who decided on the iPhone 4S!

#53 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Discovered the Android world with the OG Droid. Shortly after I found this rooting and hacking thing to not be above my skill level. I was hooked from there. Man I hacked and Rom'd and theme'd that thing so many times.

Of course the speed of new phones was impressive and my OG became like a senior citizen. I was so excited for the Thunderbolt. Huge screen!! 4G!!! First day buyer here. Well most of us know the troubles and bumps that phone had. That didn't stop me from Romming and Theming the crap out of it though. Eventually landed on VirusRom with the Dark Horse Theme. Which turned into EternityRom. Virus and those guys left XDA and started their own forums. What a great community of Devs. As with the OG Droid my TB became old and slow.

Looking at Nov 2012 for an upgrade I had to come up with plan B. Luckily for me a woman at my work was selling a 2 week old white OG Razr for 2 bills because she had to have an iph*ne. Bad for her, good for me... So once I had it in my hands to the interwebs I went for rooting instructions. I was also looking for a great community because I was leaving one at InfectedRom. When googling Razr rooting I came across this site. After poking around a bit I discovered this great community of people and Devs. This was right at the time of the .79 ICS leak so the place was hopping.

Here we are a few months later and I am gladly a dedicated supporter of this site. Looking forward to many more adventures to take my Razr on.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#54 zstruzi1

zstruzi1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

The Droid razr has been an amazing phone so far, good battery and fast. It is very high tech compared to other phones. But that just isn't enough, it doesn't have lag and it is great too laugh when u see other phones lag but not yours. It also has very vivid color and amazing to look at pictures or watch a movie on it. It has a lot of memory so u don't have to worry about to many apps or anything else that takes up space.

Droidrzr.com has helped me find great roms to run ics on my phone. They have also helped me get mods for it too. This is a great community to help people find info on their Droid razr. And I appreciate everyone that has helped out :)

I have a Droid razr

#55 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

This site has helped me in 1,000 ways and more. I've had an OG razr since December and now I'm on my 3rd (first died due to brick before fastboot was possible and second was dropped 3 stories at work). I've been apart of many internet forums over the years and this is by far my favorite. From helping VantenKiest help others and talking about our girlfriends and giving advice as well as getting advice. This forum is so much more than a website, it's a community. Thank you. All of you.

and ps. I found the first 4.0.4 leak :P
Invictus Maneo!

#56 abbott

abbott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:Thug_Prophet
  • Google+:abbotta4@gmail.com
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

I love my RAZR. Around three years ago, I received an OG D1 for my birthday. That bad boy was surreal. It was the first smartphone I had ever gotten to call my own and I thought I was the ruler of technological time and space. I soon learned, however, after a series of rootings and overclockings to try and bring up the performance of the device that my phone was destined to be decently behind the curve. I spent the next two years being mocked by HTC phone users, Samsung phone users, and worst of all, iPhone users. After I nearly lost hope in the Android platform, I got an upgrade and decided to give Moto, my trusted friend, another try. I was nowhere near disappointed. My phone is not only faster, but more reliable with performance, more customizable via the rooting liberties it has, and straight up more aesthetically pleasing.

The one wall I hit with my device is only due to my impatience. In a rush to flash my device, I did virtually the only thing one can do to brick a phone: I tried flashing a ROM with low battery. My phone inevitably failed to flash the ROM and I was left with a bricked phone. I resorted to asking this community and my stupidity was only slightly poked fun at before receiving fast and thorough help from VantenKeist and the members that were idling in the forum chat. They assisted me in creating a DIY Factory Cable and my phone was up and running that very night.

I couldn't be more grateful for this community or for my awesome phone, the OG Droid RAZR c:

#57 corrsfan99

corrsfan99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:corrsfan99

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

I upgraded to the Droid RAZRMaxx from the DX mainly cause I needed a battery that would get me through the 8-5 day. I quickly found Matt Groff's RAZR Utility which has saved me quite a bit. Had a problematic app that forced me to keep going back to stock. I've found the app and removed it, now all I have left to do is fix my pesky Visual Voicemail issue (I get texts instead of the VM notification). The DroidRzr Community has really banded together to make a great phone even better. I haven't tried ICS yet and am anxiously awaiting to try once there's a build I can go back from if needed. Hoping I can win one of those TBH cables since they're a bit pricey (though I know they're worth every penny).

#58 GBTRU

GBTRU

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:GBTRU
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

I was a loyal Blackberry user since 2004, I loved its Keyboard, its ease of Email sync with work and personal, and of course BBM. But as I watched commercials for Droids, and then YouTube videos of Droids functionality I realized that the Berry was a dinosaur in terms of everything. My Motorola Droid Razr is killer in comparison to my old Blackberry. I find myself using it more than my Toshiba laptop. I am Looking forward to my ICS update, which I am assuming any day know. Thanks and have a great day. GBTRU (Motorola Droid Razr User) @droidrzr

#59 branshaw09

branshaw09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:branshaw09

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

Ohh how my story with the Razr started....

We'll it all started when I pre ordered and activated the Bionic. Not 3 weeks later (ish) the Razr was announced by Moto and like every Bionic owner I was not happy. I took the time to write a very professional and informational letter to Moto about my loyalty to them and how disappointed I was in their business decision to push the Bionic, which should not have been released, and then announce the Razr no more than a month later. I expected my letter to get lost in the mix, but to my surprise I received 3 calls over the next couple of weeks from Moto which resulted in them swapping out my Bionic for the Razr. I was so impressed at Moto's customer service and how they handled everything.
I was head over heels in love with the Razr. It was an amazing device and everything I wanted.

Then came the Galaxy Nexus and all the hype that it had behind it. I bough the G-Nex and used it for about a month. While I loved having an open boot loader and TONS of development support it just didnt work for me compared to the Razr that had won me over a month before. The build quality felt cheap to me, signal and battery issues, etc.

Now I am an extremely happy and devoted owner of the Razr and fanboy of Moto. Yes I'll admit that. The only thing that would get me to move beyond our beloved Razr is the Razr HD which is rumored or some variant of the HTC One X on Verizon.

I also want to thank everyone that has been so extremely helpful on the development side of this phone for us folks who flashed .84 or .85 leak and were stuck. Everyone that has been busting their butts to find a way to get everyone back on the OTA path has been awesome and we are lucky to have so many amazing developers who are devoted to this phone like I am.

Cheers.
Razr

#60 BowlingGuy86

BowlingGuy86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

I started out my Android journey with an OG Droid. Relentless flashing of custom roms and numerous versions of Bugless Beast, (we miss you Pete!).
I loved my Motorola device.
That is, until the end of last summer, when it took a very unfortunate dive out of my lap, out of my pickup truck, and down to the hard earth causing no external damage whatsoever, but severing the connection between the touchscreen and the phones board leaving me with my first device to tear apart and play with.
When this tragedy struck last summer I was forced into a very quick, and sadly very uninformed, decision about what my next step in Android devices would be. Dual Core, 4G LTE, 4.3" Multi Touch capacitive,16G internal memory, 1G ram, The "one machine to rule them all"...
(Figured it out yet?)
Sigh... I got suckered into a Motorola Droid Bionic. I will skip the laundry list of problems that followed...
Long story short, 3 months later and lifetimes on hold with VZW, update after update, (that did not fix the problem) I took my Bionic to the Verizon store to protest my wasting of $300 (the pricetag on the Bionic at its original release) on a device that did not work.

Finally four and a half hours later I emerged from the Verizon store VICTORIOUS!

With my thin, sexy, fast, kevlar backed Razr in hand and a smile from ear to ear on my face. And I couldn't have been happier, for about 2 weeks...
Then the Maxx came out... DOH!
Soon thereafter the realization that Motorola hates devs and refuses to unlock our bootloaders just seemed to be another slap in the chops after I had the chance to stear clear of Motorola after my Bionic debacle.
But, Here I am today using my OG Razr and still getting good battery times luckily.
Working together to bypass and overcome Motorola and show what the power of open source is really capable of.
If Motorola really wanted to make some progress on ICS they just need to talk to Mattlgroff, Thach, SPC_Hicks, or any of the devs on this forum and it would already be done!

Thanks Droidrzr.com for all of the great reads and thanks for hooking up these fun contests! Keep em coming!

And if you read all of this, Thank you for taking interest in my "story" and good luck in the contest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users