Photo

freezing when attemping to wipe cache in Stock recovery

Best Answer livinginkaos , 20 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

I like TWRP, but it's all a user's preference.  I would download the recovery of choice and flash in fastboot mode- ie:

fastboot flash recovery TheFileNameOfRecoveryHERE.img

The newer versions of TWRP will attempt to restore root for you.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Twitter:dunttt
  • Google+:jon36m@gmail.com
  • LocationChicago IL
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

okay so I just recently got a replacement that was on 9.16.9 so I was pretty excited. Well , rooted , unlocked bootloader , and flashed TWRP and then proceeded to flash CWM just to see the difference (still running stock ROM the entire time, never flashed anything.) well then I flashed back to moto recovery and booted into it, proceeded to format cache in the recovery and have been freezing up every time I go to do this. The only way for me to get out is through soft reset. Anyone heard of this happening or have a clue as to what is wrong ? I mean I won't be using stock recovery much at all anyways but seems that something isnt right. Thanks in advance guys !

#2 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

I just used rsd lite and restored back to factory 9.20 and now its working. What's the easiest way to flash custom recovery now and flash superuser apk to get root back?
And which do you guys prefer ? Twrp or clockwork

#3 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:25 AM   Best Answer

I like TWRP, but it's all a user's preference.  I would download the recovery of choice and flash in fastboot mode- ie:

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#4 dunttt

dunttt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationChicago IL

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

I like TWRP, but it's all a user's preference. I would download the recovery of choice and flash in fastboot mode- ie:

Thank you so much! Have you ever heard of that problem before with both stock recoveries and CWM locking up when attempting to just wipe cache ? I later tried CWM and it was doing the exact same as stock recovery. I thought it was a hardware issue at first . I really didn't want to flash back to stock because I had quite a few movies on my Internal memory and no room on SD card at the moment (little pitiful 16GB) by the way have you tried the new sandisk extreme cards with this device? I'm thinking of picking a 64GB up and was wondering if its worth the extra money over the sandisk ultra.
Thanks again for your reply and you solving my issues!!!

#5 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

i have the same problem with all recoveries and THIS phone....and I'm not the only one, its been discussed in various rom threads..... when I wipe cache or system, it freezes...i have to try 3-4 times before it actually formats...

Ive tried every known recovery for this phone, it happens to each one....I gave up and stuck with CWM touch....never had such a terrible experience with a phone, and Im not new to this!!!!

• Gytole likes this

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#6 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

the razr hd has been nothing but a pain to me, I havent been able to get past the boot logo for 3 days now. great for my job.

Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users