Photo

[ROM][xt907][PORT][4.3] CyanKang is HERE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#1 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

Requirements:

Must be rooted!

Must be unlocked!

Must run a custom recovery!

What works?

Everything that I know of!

Are there bugs?

You flash and tell me!

Features can be found 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks (in no particular order):

OSE

Bytecode

CyanKang

CyanogenMod

& Tucstwo ...Just cuz     :ph34r:

Download:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• RikRong, BwingG and brandon71 like this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#2 BwingG

BwingG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Device(s):RazrM

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Good work again TIM!
  • timpohladthomas likes this

#3 thomasjamesbell

thomasjamesbell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

everytime i flash it, the system force closes over and over again from the time the screen turns on. is there something i did wrong? (i have twrp 2.5.0.0 and i mount everything, wipe everything, reboot revovery, then install the rom)

#4 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

everytime i flash it, the system force closes over and over again from the time the screen turns on. is there something i did wrong? (i have twrp 2.5.0.0 and i mount everything, wipe everything, reboot revovery, then install the rom)

Do no mount system and try again.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#5 thomasjamesbell

thomasjamesbell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

Do no mount system and try again.

hmm still no go

#6 MTBCAM

MTBCAM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSL,UT
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Does this have the volume issues the other 4.3 Roms have?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#7 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

Yes

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 4

#8 MTBCAM

MTBCAM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSL,UT
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

Good to know thanks

#9 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Does this have the volume issues the other 4.3 Roms have?

Check out the suggestion I posted in the Chameleon thread.  Not sure if it will work on 4.3, but it's worth a shot.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Did you flash GAPPs at the same time?

• Noigel likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#11 techjunkie

techjunkie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:islandfellow
  • Google+:islandfellow
  • LocationGeorgia (The State)
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Sony Tablet S

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Having the same issue, yes flashed gapps at the same time

#12 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

I'm trying to figure out the point of this ROM. Isn't it pretty much the same as a PACman clone or whatever?

#13 stanlalee

stanlalee

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationhampton roads, virginia
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR M

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm trying to figure out the point of this ROM. Isn't it pretty much the same as a PACman clone or whatever?

What's the point of multiple AOSP or AOKP roms on ANY device (or stock based ROMs for that matter). They have ALWAYS been largely similar to the point of redundancy but there is usually small nuances in features or stability that causes some people to prefer ROM x over ROM y.

Perfect example: Carbon ROM and PACman 4.2.2. aren't that different but with the notification pull down pulled down on PAC you can swipe left or right to go from quick toggles to notifications with Carbon you cant. With Carbon despite not having hybrid settings I can change the PIE colors to what I want, with PAC only the button color. One rebooted once a day for no reason. One didn't. One when you press the kill all everything got killed, the other all but one app got killed. On the surface or without digging deeper those two ROMs appear to be virtually identical in looks and features.

#14 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

What's the point of multiple AOSP or AOKP roms on ANY device (or stock based ROMs for that matter). They have ALWAYS been largely similar to the point of redundancy but there is usually small nuances in features or stability that causes some people to prefer ROM x over ROM y.

Perfect example: Carbon ROM and PACman 4.2.2. aren't that different but with the notification pull down pulled down on PAC you can swipe left or right to go from quick toggles to notifications with Carbon you cant. With Carbon despite not having hybrid settings I can change the PIE colors to what I want, with PAC only the button color. One rebooted once a day for no reason. One didn't. One when you press the kill all everything got killed, the other all but one app got killed. On the surface or without digging deeper those two ROMs appear to be virtually identical in looks and features.

Let me know if you find any nuances.

I have just one word for you: ProBam.

#15 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

Let me know if you find any nuances.

I have just one word for you: ProBam.

I don't think you know the situation with that. Probam was 100% PAC source with a rebrand. No nuances. Not only that, it took all of the code PAC had worked on for 4.3 and released it BEFORE they did. Of course that's legal, but that doesn't make it okay.

Sent from my AOSP on Mako using Tapatalk 4

• RikRong and BwingG like this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#16 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

I don't think you know the situation with that. Probam was 100% PAC source with a rebrand. No nuances. Not only that, it took all of the code PAC had worked on for 4.3 and released it BEFORE they did. Of course that's legal, but that doesn't make it okay.

Yeah I know, I was just pointing out something. When you come across so many ROMs that are so similar, how do you know you aren't going to end up in another situation like that? Because really, ALL of these ROMs are so similar, its hard to find anything different between them. They even suffer from the same bugs. So, actually devs aren't creating anything new; they're just retheming the same ROM. /

#17 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yeah I know, I was just pointing out something. When you come across so many ROMs that are so similar, how do you know you aren't going to end up in another situation like that? Because really, ALL of these ROMs are so similar, its hard to find anything different between them. They even suffer from the same bugs. So, actually devs aren't creating anything new; they're just retheming the same ROM. /

We know exactly where all the code in a ROM came from. If the commit history matches then we know that they slapped their name on it with some other guys code under the hood.

All these ROMs? I'm on CodefireXperiment for mako right now, and it is a ROM just how you would describe, similar to others. There are HUGE differences in the way the ROM is built however. Toolchain compiled at build time for mako, with -O3, with Link Time Optimization with a few other build system enhancements. My point is from the user point of view all these ROMs could be "similar" in aesthetics and features. But from a build system and code point of view many are very different.

Another example is uXylon. They merged together all the frameworks(features) you would want. But they did something unique. They created an app called uTool to pull all of these features together into a tight, organized menu instead of spread all over Settings.

Whether the difference be in aesthetics, in code, or how the ROM is compiled, why does it matter? The more others can reiterate what has already been done the more it is refined and the more users benefit. That's open source.

#18 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:16 PM

Right, other devs can tell, end users cannot. I just don't want to get caught again. I liked ProBam. Thought it ran much better than PACman on my phone. Then you guys came out and said it WAS PACman rebranded. That didn't make sense to me,
but I have to take your collective word for it.

Since you mentioned uXylon, I'll tell you that's what I'm running now. It's been my reliable DD ever since it came out. Yay for great code....

So if I get what you're saying, users shouldn't expect anything really different from a features/operations/looks perspective. It's all inside?

#19 thomasjamesbell

thomasjamesbell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

I did one time, the other time I did not. Both resulted inthe ssystem UI crash problem. I used the latest gapps from 4.3

#20 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

Right, other devs can tell, end users cannot. I just don't want to get caught again. I liked ProBam. Thought it ran much better than PACman on my phone. Then you guys came out and said it WAS PACman rebranded. That didn't make sense to me,
but I have to take your collective word for it.

Since you mentioned uXylon, I'll tell you that's what I'm running now. It's been my reliable DD ever since it came out. Yay for great code....

So if I get what you're saying, users shouldn't expect anything really different from a features/operations/looks perspective. It's all inside?

Because Probam was the code PAC hadn't released yet lol

I agree uXylon is my all time favorite ROM. Too bad Dax is caught up with school and hasn't been able to merge up to 4.3.

I'm not saying that is always true, but yes, some of the times it's true. The ROM differences are more in the way they're built instead of the features they throw at you. I've been using the Nexus 4 and flashed Slim, Carbon, Codefirex, Xylon, uXylon, CM, PAC, AOKP, and a few pure AOSP iterations and that's what I've noticed about the ROMs "with all the leet xxx sooper duper tweaks and features"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users