Photo

[ROM][xt907][PORT][4.3] CyanKang is HERE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#21 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Because Probam was the code PAC hadn't released yet lol

I agree uXylon is my all time favorite ROM. Too bad Dax is caught up with school and hasn't been able to merge up to 4.3.

I'm not saying that is always true, but yes, some of the times it's true. The ROM differences are more in the way they're built instead of the features they throw at you. I've been using the Nexus 4 and flashed Slim, Carbon, Codefirex, Xylon, uXylon, CM, PAC, AOKP, and a few pure AOSP iterations and that's what I've noticed about the ROMs "with all the leet xxx sooper duper tweaks and features"

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Dark Jellybean is up.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#22 potato1

potato1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid razr m

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Is battery life good on this ?

#23 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Google+:tbd7171@gmail.com
  • LocationKodak, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Can I flash the latest build like an update if I'm already on an older build? Edit: nevermore tried it anyways and it works fine lol Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#24 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Can I flash the latest build like an update if I'm already on an older build? Edit: nevermore tried it anyways and it works fine lol Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yes you can. :D

Sorry I was late to the game.
  • brandon71 likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#25 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

You know, I am really confused on the whole Probam situation. I keep hearing, "he took the PAC code in its entirety, and re-branded it before PAC even released it." Well my problem with that is you could say the same thing about a LOT of ROMS. Also, what I think is hilarious is the fact that on xda timpohladthomas the one who brought PAC to the xt907. That just seems ironic to me. It seems many ROMS take another in entirety and add some extra features, which is what Probam did. For example, CYANKANG. That's like saying hey, CYANKANG stole the code, when in reality all that happened was someone built on TOP of some OPEN SOURCE code!

#26 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

You know, I am really confused on the whole Probam situation. I keep hearing, "he took the PAC code in its entirety, and re-branded it before PAC even released it." Well my problem with that is you could say the same thing about a LOT of ROMS. Also, what I think is hilarious is the fact that on xda timpohladthomas the one who brought PAC to the xt907. That just seems ironic to me. It seems many ROMS take another in entirety and add some extra features, which is what Probam did. For example, CYANKANG. That's like saying hey, CYANKANG stole the code, when in reality all that happened was someone built on TOP of some OPEN SOURCE code!

I'm not sure what's so confusing about it. Bam cut and copied the code, claimed it as their own, and didn't credit PAC. They also undermined them and released 4.3, with PAC's code, prior to PAC doing it. Yes, Android is all about kanging, but there's a difference between using a device tree/source and cutting/copying code. CK is just CM10.2, with some slight tweaks to it. If you build and port right, then kang all day long, but don't cut and copy, that's $#!+.

It's no coincidence that Tim is now the maintainer of PAC. First off, out of all the devs on XDA that posted Bam, he's the only one that took it down. That shows integrity. Second, BKJolly was involved in pulling Bam and he saw it as an opportunity to bring Tim into PAC's dev team. There's no conspiracy going on, and I wish people would drop the Bam discussion. It's over, it's done, it was a $#!+ situation, and people need to just drop it. If you want it back, port it yourself.
  • Memnoch73, timpohladthomas and netizenmt like this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#27 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

For some reason I can't send out texts on the latest build

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#28 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

I'm not sure what's so confusing about it. Bam cut and copied the code, claimed it as their own, and didn't credit PAC. They also undermined them and released 4.3, with PAC's code, prior to PAC doing it. Yes, Android is all about kanging, but there's a difference between using a device tree/source and cutting/copying code. CK is just CM10.2, with some slight tweaks to it. If you build and port right, then kang all day long, but don't cut and copy, that's $#!+.

It's no coincidence that Tim is now the maintainer of PAC. First off, out of all the devs on XDA that posted Bam, he's the only one that took it down. That shows integrity. Second, BKJolly was involved in pulling Bam and he saw it as an opportunity to bring Tim into PAC's dev team. There's no conspiracy going on, and I wish people would drop the Bam discussion. It's over, it's done, it was a $#!+ situation, and people need to just drop it. If you want it back, port it yourself.

Don't look at me, I dropped it long time ago. :D

• timpohladthomas and RikRong like this

#29 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Don't look at me, I dropped it long time ago. :D

Don't worry, I wasn't looking your way. ;)

• timpohladthomas likes this

#30 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Didn't think I'd ever say this but the call volume is extremely loud after last build haha

#31 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Agreed... It felt like people were yelling at me. Haha
  • brandon71 likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#32 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Didn't think I'd ever say this but the call volume is extremely loud after last build haha

I must not have that one running on my phone.  Guess it's time to hit up DRDevs again. ;)

#33 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

And I turned my volume all the way down my speaker might have exploded if I turned it up lol

#34 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Well, I'm about to flash the update.  Let's see what happens. ;)

#35 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Anybody try Netflix or YouTube with this ROM? Last few builds I tried won't stream.

#36 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Anybody try Netflix or YouTube with this ROM? Last few builds I tried won't stream.

I YouTubed a couple of days ago and it seemed to work fine.  I had to see what all the Miley Cyrus talk was all about. ;)

• brandon71 and Someolddude like this

#37 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Oh you mean, *cough* wh&re *cough*
  • RikRong and brandon71 like this

PDbEXCr.png

#38 brandon71

brandon71

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationKodak, TN

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just wanted to share some awesome battery life with 1 hour and 40 minutes screen time

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

62.1KB   19 downloads

#39 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

Wowza!

PDbEXCr.png

#40 fluxor2k

fluxor2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationKnoxville

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Will somebody post a link with the GAPPS they flashed with this rom? Thank you. Are GAPPS rom specific? i tried my Orion GAPPS and then i didnt have a AOSP keyboard but the system still booted normal and the GAPPS prompted as soon as it booted.... Thaks again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users