#21 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Dude, we told you how hard it was to find ANYTHING for the 908, so feel lucky that you were able to get this.

#22 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

There is an update folder within the sbf itself.... its possible that it is the 4.1.2 update :)

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#23 cole2kb

cole2kb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Just in case anyone on Alltel wanted to try this SBF, I did, and my phone currently does not function.  Gets no signal of any kind.  Can't OTA activate at all, MIN / MID and all other related settings are gone.  Thankfully my MEID is still on the phone, so I'm going to see if the store will just re-program it for me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this. 

#24 iaminflames

iaminflames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationFindlay OH
  • Current Device(s):DROIDX, RAZR Maxx

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

Just in case anyone on Alltel wanted to try this SBF, I did, and my phone currently does not function. Gets no signal of any kind. Can't OTA activate at all, MIN / MID and all other related settings are gone. Thankfully my MEID is still on the phone, so I'm going to see if the store will just re-program it for me.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this.

Dang that's a downer. Hopefully the alltel store can do something with it. I'm hopeful they could since at least it boots. Keep us updated.

Sent from my XT908 using Tapatalk

#25 cole2kb

cole2kb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Dang that's a downer. Hopefully the alltel store can do something with it. I'm hopeful they could since at least it boots. Keep us updated.

Ended up with a warranty replacement.  The lady in the store told me I "jailbroke it to be used on any carrier."  Then I called tech support, the lady on the line said the store should have been able to flash the proper software and they are sending me a new one.  Realisticly, I think I could have fixed it if a) I had the correct PRL B) I rooted it and edited the build.prop and c) had the proper MIN/MSC/ MIN/MDN and a bunch of other info regarding how the phone would connect to the network, which I couldn't get except from them or a working RAZR on Alltel in my specific area.

#26 iaminflames

iaminflames

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationFindlay OH
  • Current Device(s):DROIDX, RAZR Maxx

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ended up with a warranty replacement. The lady in the store told me I "jailbroke it to be used on any carrier." Then I called tech support, the lady on the line said the store should have been able to flash the proper software and they are sending me a new one. Realisticly, I think I could have fixed it if a) I had the correct PRL B) I rooted it and edited the build.prop and c) had the proper MIN/MSC/ MIN/MDN and a bunch of other info regarding how the phone would connect to the network, which I couldn't get except from them or a working RAZR on Alltel in my specific area.

Yea I think they could've flashed it in store but who knows. At least you get a new phone that's what ended up happening to me when I bricked.

#27 pmassey31545

pmassey31545

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJesup, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX Alltel

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

I wonder if this would work if you used sbf_flash with Ubuntu. It doesn't flash your carrier info. :unsure:

#28 ecuny2010

ecuny2010

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Current Device(s):xt908

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

Ok guys. Need help attaining the CORRECT info on what my device will and will not do. I have an XT908. Haven't rooted it or changed anything yet. My network (keep in mind I have canceled my service and am looking to switch carriers.) + thumb Cellular... A small privately owned service provider in the thumb area of Michigan. they are a CDMA 4G LTE network. More info on them is that they are a Verizon equivalent carrier meaning when I am not on their towers, I am on Verizon's. I have read (and I don't remember where) that it is rumored that this model is the same thing as an XT910 or any other Droid Razr Maxx (NOT HD). I am going to be switching to AT&T or T-Mobile and have read that some of the Motorola devices have been successfully hacked to work on these networks (to a degree). I was thinking about running cyanogenmod as I've had good experiences with their softwore in the past. HOWEVER...I don't think I'm going to bother playing with this particular phone until someone can tell me exactly what the capabilities for this device are for sure. Can someone help or point me in the direction of where I can get some detailed knowledge on this specific Motorola model? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#29 Morinzo

Morinzo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

worked great on y xt908 from appalachian wireless, not sure if the phone part works because I have it cutoff and only use it for music & social networking while I cut the grass. :)

#30 foj

foj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationghana
  • Current Device(s):motorola xt912

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

flashing was successfull but no simcard works.i need gsm to work.pls help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xt908, sbf, xt908 sbf, xt908 .sbf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users