• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#121 mdpatterson

mdpatterson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

do I need to select recovery install or just install for the updateit says recovery installer is recommended for HTC devices

#122 mdpatterson

mdpatterson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

and it does say that it needs a binary update

#123 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

do I need to select recovery install or just install for the updateit says recovery installer is recommended for HTC devices

edit:  re-read, I'm stupid Mem is smart. ;)

R. Long: Pixel 5

#124 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

MD, you did mention that is was possible that your phone might have been updated in the past?  If it was in fact updated to the newest OTA, you're out of luck with the BL unlock, regardless if you flash back to the previous version, or not.  The OTA patches the "trusted zone" and it can't be re-opened by flashing backwards.  

With that being said, if you haven't ever taken the update, you should be able to unlock.  How long does the utility run, until it says it's a success?  When I first ran the BL unlock, I ran it five times, with each saying it was success.  Each time it worked for a few minutes.  Well, it wasn't successful, until the fifth time.  The last time, I woke up my phone while the utility was running and noticed a pop-up asking to grant root permissions to ADB.  I pressed yes, and the exploit worked instantaneously.  I was finally unlocked.  

Ahhh new eyes... Thanks man

We don't think it was updated because he can root from the utility and he is not seeing the trusted zone error in the utility as others have.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#125 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Just install it.

Not through recovery

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#126 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,453 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

The easiest way to find out if a phone has ever been updated is to flash the TZ partition from the MR2 FXZ. If it fails you know it's been upgraded.  Just flash something else to get rid of the flash error.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#127 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

You won't be able to install recovery, until you unlock the BL. 

He means the SU update of binary. It gives you 2 options. One is install through recovery. You can just click the regular install

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#128 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Ahhh new eyes... Thanks man

We don't think it was updated because he can root from the utility and he is not seeing the trusted zone error in the utility as others have.

Ah, gotcha.  Hopefully, we can get this figured out. 

#129 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

He means the SU update of binary. It gives you 2 options. One is install through recovery. You can just click the regular install

Yeah, I missed that, and edited the post to reflect accordingly. 

• Memnoch73 likes this

#130 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, I missed that, and edited the post to reflect accordingly. 

I only knew that because I had to do it on my wife's OG Razr yesterday.  :)

• RikRong likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#131 mdpatterson

mdpatterson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

I but the phone on July 25th and did an update that it offers shortly after that when the update was still a good thing to meso if the update offeredat that point was to update to the 18 then yes it has been updated to the 18th at some point and I obviously flashed it back to the 16. but I can tell you for sure because I don't know what those updates were when I did but I will check with the previous poster who said that there's a way to verify if I did the update or notand the updated app did not fix the problem

#132 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hes using Matts utility which has Motopocalypse bundled as an APK he can run on the phone. However, since thats not working maybe he should try with the actual exploit script from Dan.

md maybe try this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#133 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I would give that^^^^ a whirl, first.  That's what I used when I unlocked.  

#134 pdgillmore

pdgillmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:budy08
  • LocationArkansas
  • Current Device(s):DROID MAXX

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

think im at the fastboot screen now....says at the top : AP Fastboot flash mode(S)

10.9B(*)(sha-1e9f557, 2013-05-25 01:04:26)

eMMC Info: Size 32GB

Device is LOCKED. Status code:0

Battery OK

Transfer Mode:

USB Connected

Fastbood Reason: Boot Menu Selected

usb connected

guys im not trying to step on anyones toes but he is on the new bootloader that is why he is getting the unlock error. build date is may 25 2013.

#135 mdpatterson

mdpatterson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

when I do the utility for the unlock it only lasts for about a second or two and there is not a lot of prompts within the utility command promptunlike the route where the prompt takes a lot longer and there are a lot of command prompt occuring.and I only did it once or twice I didn't run it 5 times

#136 mdpatterson

mdpatterson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

and so I'm guessing that the new fast boot means that the unlock that I'm running from Matt's utility will not work does that mean that it will not work at all for any utility or is there perhaps another utility app I can use to unlock

#137 pdgillmore

pdgillmore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:budy08
  • LocationArkansas
  • Current Device(s):DROID MAXX

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

from what i know about the razr m unlock it will not work on any new build for any of the updates. someone else might know more but that is what i know for the razr m

#138 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

I but the phone on July 25th and did an update that it offers shortly after that when the update was still a good thing to meso if the update offeredat that point was to update to the 18 then yes it has been updated to the 18th at some point and I obviously flashed it back to the 16. but I can tell you for sure because I don't know what those updates were when I did but I will check with the previous poster who said that there's a way to verify if I did the update or notand the updated app did not fix the problem

guys im not trying to step on anyones toes but he is on the new bootloader that is why he is getting the unlock error. build date is may 25 2013.

Appreciate the info.

If you updated to .18 the unlock does not work any more

• RikRong likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#139 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

You're not stepping on anyone's toes.  This was brought up, but no one is 100% positive about this, yet. 

#140 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

update to the 18 then yes it has been updated to the 18th at some point and I obviously flashed it back to the 16. 

You're not stepping on anyone's toes.  This was brought up, but no one is 100% positive about this, yet. 

I think it's for sure now that it was updated as well as the new bootloader date

• RikRong likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unlock, bootloader, root, recovery, flash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users