No problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

#22 iamgodlike87

iamgodlike87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the Rom's people create for this phone, the phone is one of the nicest one's i've ever had. 

#23 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Ultra XT1080

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

it will be great once SS is out for these phones and CM starts rolling out some goodies!!

#24 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

it will be great once SS is out for these phones and CM starts rolling out some goodies!!

+1
Posted Image

#25 slim6596

slim6596

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Do the framework mod apks work on the Maxx? Like Xposed or Wanam (spelling?)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

#26 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Do the framework mod apks work on the Maxx? Like Xposed or Wanam (spelling?)Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Xposed works on the X so they should.
  • slim6596 likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#27 slim6596

slim6596

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Thanks. Got the phone yesterday, rooted this morning. I want to change fonts, but I'm not sure if iFont will work or cause problems. Anybody know?

#28 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Xposed works on the X so they should.

Yes Xposed works on the Ultra.

#29 bogginblazer

bogginblazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

I am going to start poking around I recently acquired the device, and I still use my note 2 as my daily driver, so I can brick it if it comes to that

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

i hope you can find somthing i have been out of the game for a while but now i sit at a desk all day its time to start up again :)

#30 ssfunnay

ssfunnay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx Developer Edition

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have a rooted and unlocked XT1080M (DE). Could someone point me in the direction of a thread or website which has a guide for a beginner to follow? I'd love to try putting a ROM on this.

I was also told I should look into some kind of recovery mod.. I believe they mentioned ClockWork or TeamWin Recovery. Are these available for this phone?

#31 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

I have a rooted and unlocked XT1080M (DE). Could someone point me in the direction of a thread or website which has a guide for a beginner to follow? I'd love to try putting a ROM on this.

I was also told I should look into some kind of recovery mod.. I believe they mentioned ClockWork or TeamWin Recovery. Are these available for this phone?

SafeStrap is the recovery and there are no ROM's for this phone.

SafeStrap is located here > http://rootzwiki.com...363-2013-10-14/

#32 ssfunnay

ssfunnay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx Developer Edition

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

SafeStrap is the recovery and there are no ROM's for this phone.

SafeStrap is located here > http://rootzwiki.com...363-2013-10-14/

Yeah, I'm aware there are currently not ROM's readily made for this phone. My question was: are there any tutorials/guides/etc for porting ROM's over to this phone? I'm interested in trying.

Is SafeStrap similar to what my friend mentioned to me (ClockWork,TeamWin)?

Read through the link you posted. My phone has an unlocked bootloader - is this just as useful to me even if it is unlocked? I notice it specifically mentions it's for phones with locked bootloaders.

I'm interested in some kind of recovery software because when I do go try to port over ROM's, I don't want to somehow end up with a broken / unrecoverable phone.

#33 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

i know nothing of unlocked phones as i don't have one.

#34 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, I'm aware there are currently not ROM's readily made for this phone. My question was: are there any tutorials/guides/etc for porting ROM's over to this phone? I'm interested in trying.

Is SafeStrap similar to what my friend mentioned to me (ClockWork,TeamWin)?

Read through the link you posted. My phone has an unlocked bootloader - is this just as useful to me even if it is unlocked? I notice it specifically mentions it's for phones with locked bootloaders.

I'm interested in some kind of recovery software because when I do go try to port over ROM's, I don't want to somehow end up with a broken / unrecoverable phone.

Go here for TWRP, download the file, extract the contetnts and flash the recovery img with fastboot:  http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2458449

#35 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Go here for TWRP, download the file, extract the contetnts and flash the recovery img with fastboot:  http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2458449

The link in the OP is bad (DHackers site is down apparently) but if you look through the thread someone has another link posted.

#36 mrgarrison

mrgarrison

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPORTLANDoregon

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Thanks. Got the phone yesterday, rooted this morning. I want to change fonts, but I'm not sure if iFont will work or cause problems. Anybody know?

I've been changing the font around using ROM Toolbox Pro's font changer with no problems. They have a good amount of fonts to choose from or you can load your own from memory.

Delivered via DROID Ultra

#37 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Forgive me for my ignorance as I am old and half the stuff you guys talk about goes right past me. With that said, I have always rooted my phones for the last several years the last being a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. I just purchased the Driod Maxx (XT1080M DEV) and I am finding these devices are becoming more and more difficult to root. This phone took an update right out of the box, at first i thought it was updating apps but it was a software update. It has an unlockable bootloader but as i understand that will not help me obtain root. If anyone is feeling charitable and would help a senior (almost) get root on his phone I would appreciate it. If its is even possible on this phone. I have been reading for days and it appears there is only a few exploits out there and it seems they are much more difficult and complicated that what i remember doing to root my Razr Maxx and the phones before it. Here are the particulars: Android Version 4.2.2, System Version: 12.15.15.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US, Build Number SU1-15.

Can this phone even be rooted??

Thanks in Advance.....

#38 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Note 2, Note 8.0, Nexus 7

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

Forgive me for my ignorance as I am old and half the stuff you guys talk about goes right past me. With that said, I have always rooted my phones for the last several years the last being a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx. I just purchased the Driod Maxx (XT1080M DEV) and I am finding these devices are becoming more and more difficult to root. This phone took an update right out of the box, at first i thought it was updating apps but it was a software update. It has an unlockable bootloader but as i understand that will not help me obtain root. If anyone is feeling charitable and would help a senior (almost) get root on his phone I would appreciate it. If its is even possible on this phone. I have been reading for days and it appears there is only a few exploits out there and it seems they are much more difficult and complicated that what i remember doing to root my Razr Maxx and the phones before it. Here are the particulars: Android Version 4.2.2, System Version: 12.15.15.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US, Build Number SU1-15.

Can this phone even be rooted??

Thanks in Advance.....

If you have a "DEV" unit, you do not have to deal with restrictions that regular consumer units have. Most likely the rooting process involves starting with using fastboot. Aka "fastboot oem unlock" then flashing twrp recovery.img the same way. Then finally flashing the SU package. I seen 1080M dev, so I'm assuming it's a developer phone. If not I apologise, I have not dealt with moto devices in a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

• Memnoch73 likes this

#39 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:38 AM

If you have a "DEV" unit, you do not have to deal with restrictions that regular consumer units have. Most likely the rooting process involves starting with using fastboot. Aka "fastboot oem unlock" then flashing twrp recovery.img the same way. Then finally flashing the SU package. I seen 1080M dev, so I'm assuming it's a developer phone. If not I apologise, I have not dealt with moto devices in a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

Yes it is a developer phone. Not sure if I need to unlock or if i can root w/o unlocking. There is really not much info out there about rooting these phones. And the Razr Maxx was so easy! lol

#40 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

Dugh.....Aka "fastboot oem unlock" it appears you just told me to unlock. Sorry.. So, I unlock the bootloader, flash twrp recovery and then flash Superuser package? Sounds easy enough. I will search for the files. I just was not sure about the unlock but i can do that on the Motorola site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users