#61 DirtyDroidX

DirtyDroidX

The Enigma

• Superuser
  • 60 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Note 2, Note 8.0, Nexus 7

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

I hate to ask but I have 2 more questions. I could not get the old workaround to work using sqlite and ashell for the wifi hotspot. I could not open the database, I got an error that said "no app to open database" (or something like that).I assume this is because of the update I took. I have it working with FoxFi and it seems to be working fine. Is that the only way to have wifi w/o paying Verizon at this point? Second question, is there a reason I should have busybox installed with this unlocked phone? Thaks again for all your help today!

What app are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

#62 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

What app are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A

For the wifi hotsopt entitlement check? I used to do it with Sqlite editor but that app has changed. I read a thread that showed how to use ashell to find the database and sqlitemanager to open it but thats where I get hung up. When I get to the settings.db with ashell it created the database but then says "no app to open this file ;-(" Consequently I have the FoxFi which seems to be working.

#63 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

I was using the wrong app to set up the free wifi hotspot. Sq lite editor entitlement check free wifi teather. I wasted $7.95 on the Foxfi but I guess I will get over it.

#64 bendroid

bendroid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:jaemood

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

I was using the wrong app to set up the free wifi hotspot. Sq lite editor entitlement check free wifi teather. I wasted $7.95 on the Foxfi but I guess I will get over it.

I would recommend updating to 4.4 before getting in too deep because you'll have to return to stock anyway to update. Just a suggestion. Took me a while to set up jellybean and then I had to undo it all to take 4.4 update. Once you update, push twrp for motox by dhacker29 or hashcode. It will install superuser for you to obtain root.

Sent from my XT1080 Developer Edition using Tapatalk

#65 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

I would recommend updating to 4.4 before getting in too deep because you'll have to return to stock anyway to update. Just a suggestion. Took me a while to set up jellybean and then I had to undo it all to take 4.4 update. Once you update, push twrp for motox by dhacker29 or hashcode. It will install superuser for you to obtain root. Sent from my XT1080 Developer Edition using Tapatalk

Voodoo OTA doesn't work with the 4.4 update?

#66 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

Your unlocked you do not need to keep root through updates. But you will need to revert back to stock recovery restore apps etc,etc

• neckchop likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#67 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

So I can revert back to stock, take the update reflash the recovery and then restore backups of apps or will they be deleted when I go back to stock?

#68 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

If you flash just the stock recovery you will not loose anything

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#69 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

So how do I flash the stock recovery? Where do I find it? I am getting update notices and I don't know how to stop them. I would prefer to just leave the phone on 4.2.2. for now but the update to 4.4 has downloaded on it's own and I get a prompt to update now, or update later "choose time". Is there a way to not  update? I looked for the update file on the phone using root explorer but could not find it. I thought if I deleted the update file I would be ok. No such luck.

If I can flash the stock recovery and not loose everything, then take the update, then reflash T.W.R.P. 2.6.3.1 I guess that would be the ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users