• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:briotech1
  • Google+:brian oneill
  • LocationWurtsboro, NY
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Hey guys,

So I've had an OG Razr for quite some time now. i've flashed it more times than i can count, had almost any rom imaginable on it and was always surprised by how awesome the dev community surrounding this device was. I found this site when i first tried to root my Razr and and everyone on here was beyond helpful and i was able to learn all the ins and outs of custom kernels (kexec only due to locked bootloader), custom roms, hacks, themes, custom widgets, i could go on. 

To the real reason for this post. Due to some changes with my friends Verizon employee contract i was on i had to start a new contract. I had decided i was just going to bring my Razr over to the new contract but i was able to get an M for free so I wasn't turning that down. I guess im trying to see what people have thought about theirs. The good bad and ugly pretty much. Any comments are appreciated. 

Give me a break, Give me a break, Break me off a piece of the Kit-Kat Droid

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Most development for the m is for unlocked bootloaders. If you haven't already, you will want to see if you are on a system prior to the recent July update. If so, you should consider unlocking while you can. If not, back to safe strap for you but your rom choices will be limited. From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 boneill1031

boneill1031

Crack Flasher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWurtsboro, NY

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

Most development for the m is for unlocked bootloaders. If you haven't already, you will want to see if you are on a system prior to the recent July update. If so, you should consider unlocking while you can. If not, back to safe strap for you but your rom choices will be limited. From My S4 Dev Edition

Yeah I'm hoping its the right system version. Safe strap is a great work around but i was hoping for the full custom recovery and everything that came along with that. 

#4 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

my main reason for getting the M was for its great battery life, smaller size, and Google's promise to keep the device up to date with ROMs.

I think this phone has had at least 3 OS updates since it first launched back in the fall 2012 (pretty great considering my prior device received just one over the past 3 years).

Battery life does not disappoint either (however, your usage my vary).

when researching this device, I noticed that the dev community was not all the strong - until a very smart person figured out how to unlocked the bootloader - then, the custom ROMs kept popping up (big thanks to Tim).  however, since these custom 4.2.2 and 4.3 ROMs are still a work in progress (despite most of them being very stable), there are still bugs to be ironed out.  so you are really not missing a whole lot by being stock.

furthermore, this phone is very strong stock, and you can still root the device to debloat and whatnot.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#5 boneill1031

boneill1031

Crack Flasher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWurtsboro, NY

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

thanks for all the input guys. Thankfully i was on the correct system version to unlock my bootloader, so root, unlocked the bootloader, flashed twrp, and installed pacman rom. So far very happy. Pac man seems to be running even better than i hoped, But I'm open to any suggestions as far as custom roms. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users