#21 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

HTC One is unlockable thru HTCDev at the moment. I've considered that phone too. I reeeeaaallllyyy want Moto but won't buy dev edition and need those sp*rm. VB lol

-Flash now, ask questions later.

VZW forced HTC to lock that down, it is no longer unlockable unless you get Dev edition.

• livinginkaos and rebretz000 like this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#22 rebretz000

rebretz000

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

You can't buy it in stores but my local VZW store had an X on display. Buried all the way in the back of the store with old phones like the iPhone 5 and GNOTE 2. I liked it a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

#23 rebretz000

rebretz000

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

VZW forced HTC to lock that down, it is no longer unlockable unless you get Dev edition.

I was just going to say that also.

#24 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

I just went to the vzw store and they also had it on display in the back right next to the Blackberry Z10. I really liked it and ordered it online since they didn't have it in stock. Can't wait :)

Posted Image

#25 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Did you pay retail or subsidized?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#26 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm kinda curious does DJRBliss have a Verizon Moto X, yet? I just read that Motorola released the Kernel Source for three variants of the Moto X, Source Forge. Granted the vzw version is locked, but I wonder if Motorola is going to release the Kernel Source for vzw, in maybe the upcoming weeks or so. 

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#27 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

I ordered the non-dev version (in black) Friday.  $140 after coupon code applied, plus the stupid $30 upgrade charge.  Expected delivery is Sept. 5th

As a former crack-flasher from way back in the Windows Pocket PC Kitchen days, I have never even installed a ROM on my Droid Razr (just leaks).  Just rooted and some frozen apps and all is great.   So the whole bootloader locked business doesn't really bother me.  If the battery life is good enough, I may not even worry about rooting it.

Kind of disappointing that they tagged this section with "{developer edition}"  :/

#28 rocketsaucev2

rocketsaucev2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

I ordered the non-dev version (in black) Friday. $140 after coupon code applied, plus the stupid $30 upgrade charge. Expected delivery is Sept. 5th

As a former crack-flasher from way back in the Windows Pocket PC Kitchen days, I have never even installed a ROM on my Droid Razr (just leaks). Just rooted and some frozen apps and all is great. So the whole bootloader locked business doesn't really bother me. If the battery life is good enough, I may not even worry about rooting it.

Kind of disappointing that they tagged this section with "{developer edition}" :/

like you, I ordered using the discount code and got mine on Friday. Absolutely in love with the X as I pretty much knew I would. The thing is light, thin and super fast and smooth. I powered down my bionic and threw it in the closet. The X is light years ahead of it lol. Disabled the Verizon bloat and won't look back. The stock software with the awesome moto additions are a dream device for me.
  • marleyinoc likes this

#29 trebills

trebills

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

I just ordered mine. (Black) I'll have it sometime tomorrow.

sent from my RAZR Maxx HD

VPYxJ21.png

#30 mentose457

mentose457

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

I'm holding out for the developer edition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

• rebretz000 likes this

#31 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

Got mine today.  I am having trouble activating the SOB but man this thing is badass.  So much faster than the ole' Razr.

#32 mbar9607

mbar9607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I would love to get the X but I'm holding out for the developer edition but i may just grab a 32gb once it and motomaker are available for Verizon

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

• rebretz000 likes this

#33 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Got mine today.  I am having trouble activating the SOB but man this thing is badass.  So much faster than the ole' Razr.

This thing is so much better than the ole' Razr.  Kind of sad but the Razr is dead to me now!  It's silky smooth and fast.   Feels like a Nexus that works correctly with a better radio and faster parts.  

#34 mbar9607

mbar9607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Just ordered mine today I couldn't good out for the dev edition or 32gb

#35 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Just ordered mine today I couldn't good out for the dev edition or 32gb

I don't know whether this affects you or not but I would like to point out it's unlikely you'll see root without the dev edition. So many people expect that it will just appear and that is very unlikely.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#36 mbar9607

mbar9607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

If its basically a vanilla feel I'll use adw launcher and be OK but i would like to see unlock and root

#37 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

Ain't gonna happen unless you buy dev edition

sent from my beantastic Bionic

• androidlearner likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#38 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

I have used this thing for a few days now and I couldn't be happier with my purchase :-)

Sent from my Verizon Moto X
  • rocketsaucev2 and rebretz000 like this
Posted Image

#39 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Ain't gonna happen unless you buy dev edition

sent from my beantastic Bionic

Yeah, where is that thing anyway ?????  I look every day.... I got excited this morning when I saw two dev's available because recently the M has been the only one there..... To my dismay, it was an Atrix HD..... What the heck????  Talk about backwards.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#40 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'll just leave this here.... http://phandroid.com..._medium=twitter Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4
  • Memnoch73 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users