#1 larceny

larceny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, HTC Droid Incredible

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

I was hoping to find some information about alternative methods on correcting my GPS. I know android gps is not 100% accurate and i have tried everything to get dam close but i cant seem to make any progress back to the way it was when i first flashed CM 10.2. Everything i have tried sometimes seems like it worked but later proved wrong once i actually get out and drive around.

Things i have tried:

1) Reload stock based rom aquire lock and revert back to current rom.

2)reload stock based rom aquire lock and reboot and clean flash 10.1/.2

3)Navigated to system/etc and edited my gps.conf

4) Used GPS ToolBox to clear a-GPS data/download a-GPS data.

I notice on Google maps while driving i zig-zag on the map while moving. - _ - _ - _ - kind of pattern.or somethimes i am not even in the road but infact driving through peoples houses.

When i load up GPS Tool box get a lock i notice something odd about my speed(mph). At idle i am consistantly moving up and down from 0.0-->0.6-->1.1 mph. My accuracy is usually <30ft while idle. Moving its all over the place. Its also hell trying to drive in Dowtown areas with one way streets. My GPS will tell me to make a right as soon as im about to make the right it quickly will tell me to goto the next street and make a left :( now im in the wrong lane. I tried to find a place in St Pete and i ended up in Clearwater at a simlar street name.

i have not tried any other Roms other than CM 10.1 10.2. I did have this same problem on 10.1 but when 10.2 was an availavble optoion i quiclky upgraded and my GPS issues were gone. Something has happened in the last week or 2 and my gps state never seems to change no matter what i do to try to correct it.

The only thing i did not try is flashing a new radio. I have not seen any available radios to flash if there are please point me in the right direction.

I also play Ingress on the side and i notice the same problems translates over the game as well. Most of the time if i stop at an intersection and load up the game or have it already open im consistantly shifting around foward/back/left/right. i cant stay still. This is where the drifting is more present. Im always shifting around drifting off the road into houses or stores or whatever is on that particlar road while driving. Alot of the times i wont even move for a few seconds and then the GPS catches up but is usually lagging behind me. For instance ill pass through an intersection and my gps will pass through the same intersection a few seconds later. I also cut corners. What i mean by this is if i make a left onto a new road instead of my gps turning with me its lagging behind and cuts the corner of the turn instead of following me on the road making the left.

Im not sure what else i can do. The phone has only suffered 1 drop and it was from my lap to a raised floor sitting in a booth at a restaurant. I find it hard to belive that how rugged this phone is that a single drop could jar the gps out of wack.

Any help would be appreciated

#2 SuMeRbOaRd

SuMeRbOaRd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926 - Razr Maxx HD

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

I have had this problem too, sometimes it works fine and other times its flaky like you described. It all started after i left the stock ROM though. I'm not exactly in the same situation because I haven't attempted those fixes (I've read about them though) and I've bounced through dozens of ROMs since the bootloader was unlocked with the problems randomly seeming to present themselves.

#3 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

Moving to: VZW Droid Razr/Razr Maxx HD General [XT926] - {Q&A, Discussion}

Reason: Non-emergency 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users