• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

has anybody else looked at the framework.res & systemui.apk from the leaks? i mean im a private themer but my god the pngs they used would be a nightmare to replace and or theme. i had a theme i was going to port over that i had on my gnexus but i doubt it will happen now. :(

#2 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

I am not really seeing much different from the the gnexus. There are a handful of Motorola images but everything else is the same.
Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#3 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

I am not really seeing much different from the the gnexus. There are a handful of Motorola images but everything else is the same.

gonna be pretty hard to replace the wifi/signal/data pngs. ive tried and they overlap each other.

#4 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Did you deodex the apk? I cant even do that without errors.

R3Ds Themes

#5 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

nope just pulled the framework.res & systemui and manaully editied and made a zip to flash. until we can deodex the rom theres no way we can have the 1% battery mods either. i tried for over two days on that too.

#6 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

On xda tv it was mention you can deodex using titanium backup but i dont find a guide.

R3Ds Themes

#7 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

I tried 3 tools on xda and it partially worked but without deodexing the entire framework its gonna be tough. Did some searching and the errors it throws at you is because there are some files needed that moto intentionally left out to make it hard to deodex the rom.

#8 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

By saying you are a private themer....

Are you basically saying you don't share your work?. If so I have to say I wouldnt be so willing to help ya even if I did know how to theme. Android is a community to share knowledge and continue the progression of the OS. Just my opinion

#9 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

By saying you are a private themer....

Are you basically saying you don't share your work?. If so I have to say I wouldnt be so willing to help ya even if I did know how to theme. Android is a community to share knowledge and continue the progression of the OS. Just my opinion

yes i make themes for myself and "ocassionaly" share. i wasn't asking for help, i was stating how the framework was. and i stopped sharing becuase android fans are greedy, hence why i don't go to xda anymore. and if you read what i typed im sharing how i tried to deodex this rom for us. if i would of achieved it, i would of shared that.

#10 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

yes i make themes for myself and "ocassionaly" share. i wasn't asking for help, i was stating how the framework was. and i stopped sharing becuase android fans are greedy, hence why i don't go to xda anymore. and if you read what i typed im sharing how i tried to deodex this rom for us. if i would of achieved it, i would have shared that.

FTFY

#11 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

yeah i give up, ive tried to replace and resize the data/signal/wifi png's and they just overlap each other. not thrilled with how moto set this up at all. im thinking there needs to be some sort of xml edits done.

#12 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

yeah i give up, ive tried to replace and resize the data/signal/wifi png's and they just overlap each other. not thrilled with how moto set this up at all. im thinking there needs to be some sort of xml edits done.

Those icons are the same on every ICS build. It's not Moto that did it, it's Android. Also, the SystemUI has an odex file which means you're not changing anything until that's deodexed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#13 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Those icons are the same on every ICS build. It's not Moto that did it, it's Android. Also, the SystemUI has an odex file which means you're not changing anything until that's deodexed.

nope not true everything can be changed minus adding a accurate battery % mod. i know as 90% of my stock rom is now themed without deodexing anything. and for the razr those icons may be universal but not on every ics rom for every phone. im mostly talking about the shape of the wifi/signal/data png's.

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

nope not true everything can be changed minus adding a accurate battery % mod. i know as 90% of my stock rom is now themed without deodexing anything. and for the razr those icons may be universal but not on every ics rom for every phone.

Every official ICS will have those. If you can successfully decompile the SystemUI then you can do the 1% mod. It's just editing 2 XML files.

#15 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Not completely true.. ;-) the res files are still in the apk.. the classes reside within the odex... or classes.dex once deodexed. Therefore you can do a theme to an odexed rom. Just takes extra work. As far as the overlapping goes I haven't attempted it yet so i have no pointers. I should hopefully be starting to deodex the .211 build tonight. While you're right during the deodex there are some classes missing. Some may not be missing you just have to figure out where those classes are then add it to the BOOTCLASSPATH during the deodexing process. There are occasions though where the missing dependencies are simply not there! During times like that you will have to use the -I option to ignore missing dependencies. I will add that this does increase the odds of something not playing well during run time.

#16 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

Every official ICS will have those. If you can successfully decompile the SystemUI then you can do the 1% mod. It's just editing 2 XML files.

The one percent mod also requires editing the services.jar. if the images and xmls are edited without editing the services.jar you will most likely still be able to boot. However you will only see the increments in which services.jar allows.

I will add however... with the overlapping check the xmls for the status bar. Compare them to an aosp build. Im sure you will find differences. Use diff to pick them apart to see where the changes are.

#17 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

ill upload the semi completed theme ive been working on. if you guys flash make sure your on .211 and you have a backup ready to go.

as of now it has mods to:

dialer
lockscreen
blacked out menus
statusbar icons
stock gnexus ics battery
etc..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

* this was only tested on bootstrap.

#18 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

The one percent mod also requires editing the services.jar. if the images and xmls are edited without editing the services.jar you will most likely still be able to boot. However you will only see the increments in which services.jar allows.

yup it's more than just editing the framework.res & systemui.

#19 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

yup it's more than just editing the framework.res & systemui.

I know how to theme lol. The 1% mod has nothing to do with the framework-res btw.

• fixxxer2012 likes this

#20 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

and heres the test theme i was working on today to change the wifi/signal/data pngs. but as you can see they overlap each other in the stsatusbar even resized. i wouldn't recommend anyone flash this unless your a dev and want to take a look. "again have a nandroid backup ready to go" .

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users