• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

I'm hoping this thread will consolidate questions and answers as to why 4.3 ROMs won't reboot without a factory reset for some people. I've found no one answer as to why this happens so you guys not having issues your steps when flashing and wiping may be the key. Or may not that's my problem but seeing the problem isn't across the board there is an answer as to why just need to figure that out so this problem can possibly be addressed by the devs who put out these awesome ROMs.

#2 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also go to my goodies when there. I have the newest twrp's posted.

#3 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also go to my goodies when there. I have the newest twrp's posted.

I read that post also. Only problem is when I get stuck at the logo only thing I can get to is fastboot. There were a few times I can count on one hand where I was able to get back to recovery. My only option at that point is to use Matt's utility and flash a fresh system then turn the phone off then go to recovery. If I use the method on xda I have to FAC reset evey time I do the next step and when all installed it still gets stuck.

#4 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I read that post also. Only problem is when I get stuck at the logo only thing I can get to is fastboot. There were a few times I can count on one hand where I was able to get back to recovery. My only option at that point is to use Matt's utility and flash a fresh system then turn the phone off then go to recovery. If I use the method on xda I have to FAC reset evey time I do the next step and when all installed it still gets stuck.

Do you hold all keys til black? Let go power? Wait for BL options? Vol.....

You do know the charging cord can also mess you up. I hate the charge mode function. I would like to remove it.

#5 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I can always get to the screen not sure what its called where you can choose recovery/fastboot etc. Only thing that works is going to fadtboot. I didn't know having the charge cord connected can cause an issue will try without it next time.

#6 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hmm. If I had to guess, the lack of reboot might be due to a non-working superuser.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#7 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hmm. If I had to guess, the lack of reboot might be due to a non-working superuser.Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

If su is the issue how would somebody go about figuring that out?

Here's a weird thing also. When I install a new system with Matt's utility. Nothing to do with Matt's tool but I get all booted and when the screen goes to sleep or I hit power to put it to sleep and then wake the phone the wallpaper changes to what the 4.3 ROM had. Does it every time I restotemy system like there's remnants of 4.3 causing issues right off.

#8 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

If su is the issue how would somebody go about figuring that out?

Here's a weird thing also. When I install a new system with Matt's utility. Nothing to do with Matt's tool but I get all booted and when the screen goes to sleep or I hit power to put it to sleep and then wake the phone the wallpaper changes to what the 4.3 ROM had. Does it every time I restotemy system like there's remnants of 4.3 causing issues right off.

That's Google backing up your settings and stuff...
I believe some of the ROM devs haven't set up su correctly - it requires a su daemon now to work properly - if they ported straight from 4.2 su probably would be broken. I know SuperSu has a flashable version that works with 4.3 and I believe the new Superuser (koush version) has one as well

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#9 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

I've used both flashable su versions. Superuser and supersu. Got superuser zip off Google play and supsu was a link with one of the 4.3 ROMs I tried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users