• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

I have noticed that after I get an active notification when the phone is in a dark room (bedroom at night), the entire screen flickers red after the notification goes away. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance!
  • mattbrich likes this

#2 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Twitter:2THEXTRM
  • LocationCentral NY

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Haven't seen mine do that...

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Moto, Give me what I want, and I'll go away...

#3 LeoBloom

LeoBloom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

I've seen mine flicker (not red, but just a quick flicker) but it doesn't bother me.

#4 mattbrich

mattbrich

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hi Chrisc2u....just got my maxx 2 days ago and it's doing the same thing. Only noticable in a totally dark room but pretty sure it's not supposed to do that. Trying to decide if it's something that will be a problem later after I can't swap it out for another one. When the active display turns off, a reddish, rippling flicker briefly occurs as the screen actually turns off. 

I too would love some more insight on this from others...

#5 chrisc2u

chrisc2u

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hi Chrisc2u....just got my maxx 2 days ago and it's doing the same thing. Only noticable in a totally dark room but pretty sure it's not supposed to do that. Trying to decide if it's something that will be a problem later after I can't swap it out for another one. When the active display turns off, a reddish, rippling flicker briefly occurs as the screen actually turns off. 

I too would love some more insight on this from others...

I exchanged mine and haven't seen the same issue on the new one. I would reccomend the same, not only was it an annoyance upfront, I was concerned it may be the start of a bigger defect that would surface down the road.

Aside from this hiccup, I love my Droid MAXX, best phone I have ever owned! Active notifications are the way to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users