Photo

Favorite Custom ROM for Razr Maxx HD xt926

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Custom ROM for Razr Maxx HD xt926 (72 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite custom ROM?

1. Cyanogenmod (22 votes [30.56%])

Percentage of vote: 30.56%

2. ParanoidAndroid (2 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

3. RageHD (15 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

4. BlurryHD (6 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

5. Carbon (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

6. LiquidSmooth (3 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

7. Other, please list in the replies (16 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 woodjc01

woodjc01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationJackson, TN
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Nexesque is best rom, hands down. Now it is updated to 9.20.1. Very nice!

• TerrorTodd likes this

#22 TerrorTodd

TerrorTodd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Device(s):Razr MAXX HD

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Nexesque is best rom, hands down. Now it is updated to 9.20.1. Very nice!

Agree with this at least as far as signal strength and battery life...4.1.2 ROMS are definitely better. Nexesque is super smooth fast ROM. 

#23 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

BlurryHD is the best IMO. It's rock solid, lots of goodies baked in, no bloat, what's a "Force Close"??? - Because I have yet to see one on anything.

It's solid and blazing fast. And Yes works with SafeStrap.

• cmorty72 likes this
Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#24 mrf582

mrf582

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I need a camera that will let me save to the SD card. Will Nexesque and BlurryHD let me do that?

#25 chriskman71

chriskman71

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

So does anyone have any idea of how to fix this...

I downloaded Safe Strap.

Installed recovery.

I try to reboot into safe strap.

I get the little man that Says Recovery or continue.

I click Recovery.

It reboots back to the little man.

I try again.

Same thing.

I tried continue.

Boots back to the little man.

Hit continue again.

Finally back into my Razr.

I do the Fastboot Functions normally.

Boot into stock recovery.

There is the little Android guy with the red triangle.

And there he lays.........

I can't access Recovery. No way. No how.

Any thoughts?

Updated to 9.18.79 months ago. Haven't messed with the phone much since.

#26 droidcesaRazr

droidcesaRazr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

this is my Story: I got my Razr Hd as a replacement for my Razr XT912, at the first day I got it like I usually done, I visit the XDA and droidrzr.com to get rooted my Phone,

the first I try was motochopper, I try SS 3.60 to make a backup and install roms and I brick my newly HD, I search for fastboot files, RSD lite, hopefully I got running again

my phone, then I root it again, install SS 3.12 and try  "NEXESQUE"  and was fast and smoth to me,  also I try a back up of my Slot 1 on my Stock Slot and it Restores

sucesfull, that was great to me, So Im with locked bootloader in case I need my warranty back just will use RSD lite to restore Stock GREAT NOT?  also I uninstall SS recovery

and deleted slot 1 for more Memory in my Sd, and everything is great to me.  so Try NEXESQUE...

#27 bshk4126

bshk4126

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGeorgia USA
  • Current Device(s):XT912, XT926

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

NEXESQUE. Very fast very stable. Excellent STOCK (4.1.2) ROM ! Although I am locked...so I haven't got to taste any KITKAT... :/
  • legend221 likes this

cooltext1319928594.png

#28 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Nexesque is the best Rom. Latest version is the best ever released.

Sent from my Razr HD running the latest version of Nexesque

#29 watch_dog

watch_dog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Hi all, can someone please help me to choose the custom ROM (I have an unlocked XT926)? I need these features: custom NavBar (to get back old-fashioned layout with menu and search buttons and recents binded to home long-press), AOKP arrows feature (to move text cursor), 180 and 270 degree rotation, Theme Chosser engine and statusbar switches (4.2 style is the best). I've tried few ROMs which have these features: XenonHD (always stuck on bootlogo after first reboot), SlimBean (crashes and unusable for me), AOKP (even not booted), CM (it was too much nightly when I tried) and RootBox, the last is the best, but it's very annoying it drops in and out all WiFi connections. Going to try CM one more time, but maybe someone has better ideas?

#30 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:38 AM

BlurryHD is the best IMO. It's rock solid, lots of goodies baked in, no bloat, what's a "Force Close"??? - Because I have yet to see one on anything.
It's solid and blazing fast. And Yes works with SafeStrap.

X2, loving the BlurryHD. Super stable, fast and clean looking.

Tried RageHD on safestrap and had a ton of lag and battery life wasn't to good and way to busy looking for me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

#31 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

Oops, see below.

#32 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:41 AM

I need a camera that will let me save to the SD card. Will Nexesque and BlurryHD let me do that?

Yes

Attached Files

#33 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Which rage version did u try....its stock based....so how could it look more busy than stock.....unless you speak of v2.4 in which I agree too much themed and it could no longer be considered stock based as its heavily modified.....also absolutely no lag on rage...u prob used tb to restore apps in which what causes lag on any ROM. As far as the best...there is none.... Only working or semi working ones in which all of them that are not stock based have some underlying issue...the RAZR HD has been my worst android and motorola experience...and I'm not a newbie. If I could do it all over again...I would just deodex the stock ROM and theme to my liking. Although my girls locked stock RAZR HD even freezes so I can't say that would be any better Peace Byte Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#34 In Awe

In Awe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Which rage version did u try....its stock based....so how could it look more busy than stock.....unless you speak of v2.4 in which I agree too much themed and it could no longer be considered stock based as its heavily modified.....also absolutely no lag on rage...u prob used tb to restore apps in which what causes lag on any ROM.As far as the best...there is none.... Only working or semi working ones in which all of them that are not stock based have some underlying issue...the RAZR HD has been my worst android and motorola experience...and I'm not a newbie.If I could do it all over again...I would just deodex the stock ROM and theme to my liking. Although my girls locked stock RAZR HD even freezes so I can't say that would be any betterPeaceByteSent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Yes it was RageHD version 2.4. I installed all my apps from the market because I saw the threads recommending not to use TiBackup. Not sure why I had lag, wiped before install, etc.

As an experiment on the BlurryHD Rom I used "My Backup Root" to restore all my apps and have absolutely no lag or problems at all.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

#35 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

I didn't try2.4 long enough to get lag.....the blue was too much for me and with all the XML edits my stock theme no longer worked.......restoring apps is 50/50....I had it work and not work on rage and other roms as well...I tell people to stir away from using it as u never know what issues it could cause. I will definately give tony a heads up and look into rage 2.4. Peace Byte Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users