Photo

Noticed no md5 file found when flashing?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I remember somebody saying one time to check for md5 when installing something. Flashed cm 10.2 and no md5 found. Flashed gapps and no md5 found. Is this important and need to be fixed?

#2 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

I remember somebody saying one time to check for md5 when installing something. Flashed cm 10.2 and no md5 found. Flashed gapps and no md5 found. Is this important and need to be fixed?

That's an option for TWRP/SS to do a md5 if one is present..like if you create a backup and want to have a md5 attached....if memory serves

#3 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

Should I be concerned that no md5 is found? I remember seeing in twrp something about md5 so perhaps it can be changed to having one. My main reason for asking all this is I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the 4.3 ROMs not doing a second reboot without getting stuck at the logo.

#4 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Should I be concerned that no md5 is found? I remember seeing in twrp something about md5 so perhaps it can be changed to having one. My main reason for asking all this is I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the 4.3 ROMs not doing a second reboot without getting stuck at the logo.

Nope that's a TWRP thing I believe.
Unless the ROM Dev makes an md5, it won't be there. When they say to check the md5, you need to do that manually on the computer or something (I'm sure there's an app for it too)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

• jayrod likes this

#5 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Unless the ROM Dev makes an md5, it won't be there. When they say to check the md5, you need to do that manually on the computer or something (I'm sure there's an app for it too)

I did find an app that creates md5 for the zips. And when flashed twrp found them. Unfortunately some apps started malfunctioning so I had to scrap that idea.

#6 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

This.
Most of the time you'll never have to check them but it's a good start in tracking down a bad flash as sometimes downloads get corrupted.

Sent from my Platyraptor extreme ultra maxxxx 4gLTE/GSM/ABC/123 Nick Knack Pattywack Ermegherd GED, MD,RNA,DNA,YMCA Edition S4! Via the 4th dimension....NOW RUNNING ECLIPSE

• shane1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users