#41 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Question, why can't the 181 folks just use the ES file explorer/rom manager method?

Edit:

Answering my own question. The method posted in the OPwith the unstuck tool was developed for people who's phones were already on the new ICS kernel and couldn't install any future updates because the ICS updates were developed to install over .181, not some random ICS incremental. The unstuck tool would force the ICS kernel over the bricked 181 system. But if you are already on a functional version of 181 Gingerbread, you should be able to just install it with the es file/rom manager method. Which is basically using stock recovery. I think :-)

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#42 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

Now if I put this on my phone will I be forever stuck on this? Also wondering that when the new update rolls out finally if it'll download it automatically?

You'll be stuck on the new update that will be rolling out in a few days. This IS the new update, you're just getting it sooner.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#43 smilesuhas

smilesuhas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi, I am on KOA ROM 6/21 (.79)

Will following these step to get .211 wipe everything and i have to setup apps , launcher , etc again?
or just flashing the new version of this ROM is enough?

#44 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Did this work for sure, straight from 181? Or do you need to flash some kernel, unstuck stuff too? Please provide more details. THanks.

worked like a charm. not the slightest bit of problems. I would recommend it for all who are coming from 181 as it was the most pain free for me. I figured with all the instructions in the op that it wouldnt work due to some extra things being required. but went off without a hitch. i Used motofail to root, ota rootkeeper to protect root, then bruute force sideload with estrongs and rom manager. Restored root perfectly with ota. Now I am Slammin it out on 211 rooted.
  • andlaw and DarkOverDroid like this

#45 dumhed

dumhed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Followed this precisely... but for some reason, the "home" button doesn't work on my phone anymore. The phone is on .211, it is rooted... but the home button doesn't work. :( Any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind... after doing wipes twice more... it magically worked! smh.

#46 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hi, I am on KOA ROM 6/21 (.79)

Will following these step to get .211 wipe everything and i have to setup apps , launcher , etc again?
or just flashing the new version of this ROM is enough?

It will wipe everything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#47 jmill75

jmill75

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter:jmill75
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

I used MAtt's utility to revert back to .181 from 206, it go all the way till it is suppose to boot back up...moto screen comes up then screen goes black and nothing else..what am i doing wrong?

#48 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

I used MAtt's utility to revert back to .181 from 206, it go all the way till it is suppose to boot back up...moto screen comes up then screen goes black and nothing else..what am i doing wrong?

That's supposed to happen, follow all the steps.

#49 Explicit

Explicit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

Worked like a charm. The first start up into ics showed problems, but nothing a restart and a wipe didn't fix. Now if I could only keep it on 3g. Not sure why they got rid of that option

#50 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Nice detailed step by step instructions!! Almost makes me wanna uninstall BootStrap and install SafeStrap? Lol

#51 Randy12

Randy12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

Is there any way to upgrade .181 to .211 without wiping data/factory reset like the OTA would? I really don't want to lose all of my texts haha!

#52 krustytheclown

krustytheclown

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Is there any way to upgrade .181 to .211 without wiping data/factory reset like the OTA would? I really don't want to lose all of my texts haha!

Use a SMS backup app from the market.

After step 3E, how do I reboot in AP Fastboot? I can't turn the device off from the recovery screen, Do I just reboot, then turn the device off?

#53 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Depends on what changes you've made to the overall system. If you are bone stock and rooted, you can use the instructions

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, starting after the use of Matt's 1.6 utility. If you have run Safestrap or Bootstrap you will need to run Matt's utility to put the system back in a more or less pristine state.

If you are using and/or plan on using Safestrap or Bootstrap, I recommend using appextractor from the play store over SMS backup and Titanium backup. Appextractor will restore all of your apps, and optionally data, SMS & MMS, your wifi and bluetooth settings along with other things, directly from your CWM or SS backup. Obviously it's not a good idea to restore apps, etc. from a GB backup to an ICS install, but if you have to flash back to a clean .181, do a backup first, flash back, reset up your phone, download appextractor, restore you stuff from the backup, then follow the procedure for installing 6.16.211 from /cache. This would be equivalent to taking the OTA whenever it is pushed.

#54 Explicit

Explicit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

Use a SMS backup app from the market.

After step 3E, how do I reboot in AP Fastboot? I can't turn the device off from the recovery screen, Do I just reboot, then turn the device off?

That's what I did

#55 draya1986

draya1986

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

I followed your guide step by step all the way down to installing safestrap and installing a rom. I was wondering how I could go back to stock .211 now. Would I just disable safe system and it'll go back to stock?

#56 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

I followed your guide step by step all the way down to installing safestrap and installing a rom. I was wondering how I could go back to stock .211 now. Would I just disable safe system and it'll go back to stock?

Right, if you disable the safe system and then reboot, it should boot back into stock .211 if you set Safestrap up properly. A common mistake people make is they don't back up the non safe side and then accidently wipe data or format system and then have an empty nonsafe side.

#57 vonhinkle

vonhinkle

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

been stuck onwriting preinstall after doing option 1 in utility 1.6final. any help?

Wow, after like 15 min it moved on. Hope this finished OK. Kinda nervouse about following the rest of the instructions.

#58 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

For everyone getting side load errors, do this:

Fast boot to 181.
Root.
Down load a file manager. Es file explorer is free and easy to use.
Download rom manager free.
using file explorer, go to settings and enable root access, and make system writable.
Then copy the leak, and paste it to /cache.
open it from /cache with rom manager.
Enjoy :]

thanks jimbo

#59 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Worked like a charm. The first start up into ics showed problems, but nothing a restart and a wipe didn't fix. Now if I could only keep it on 3g. Not sure why they got rid of that option

cdma only is gone or is just located elsewhere

#60 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

so whats the difference between the .211 leak we have had and the OTA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users