• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

POPULAR

vL0oM.png

For assistance see the help thread:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks W0017roid for the video!

I do not want anyone stuck with this. Please please please, put the 6.16.211 update zip on your external SD card before doing ANYTHING!

If you do an option and end up in a semi-bricked state awaiting install and you don't have the update on your external SD card you aren't gonna have a good time.

It will NOT magically appear there by itself.

Droid Razr Utility 1.7

I mean for this utility to be used by those who are on Gingerbread and want to go to Ice Cream Sandwich (6.16.211), and for those who are on Ice Cream Sandwich and want an easier unbricking tool and rooting tool that includes ICS versions of Bootstrap, Safestrap, and the beloved OTA Rootkeeper by Voodoo.

Functions of 1.7:

CHj2S.png

1. Self explanatory, hopefully. Fail-proof. (Just need you to put 6.16.211 update on your SD card!)

2. Implementation of my Unstuck Utilities into one simple function.

3. Dan Rosenberg's new ICS 4.0.4 Root method.

4. My implementations of TPSparky's 4.0.3 root method. You can use option 8 to use this root method, and option 9 after (if you choose).

5. Self explanatory.

6. Self explanatory.

7. Self explanatory.

8. For use with the 4.0.3 root method (option 4).

9. For use with the 4.0.3 root method (option 4).

Downloads:

Deprecated. Grab the latest at

• Odiej34, y0brando, cvhovey and 122 others like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for the space wulf :P

Stealthmouse:

Okay, since someone mentioned it a few posts ago, feel free to flame away as I drop in this completely out of place post that's buried on Page 44 of the thread. The link for the Mac version of the Utility is posted on the Utility for Linux/Mac thread in this same Development forum. But just to make it easier:

- It's Post #160 on that page.

Or just bypass all that nonsense and "link and load:"

The READ ME FIRST file is usually a good place to start after you've unzipped the downloaded file.

Also, just to clarify, the download is for the Mac version of Utility 1.7. Any mods who want to bump it here or there, be my guest.

Cheers.

#3 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

This is like the key to the gate. Thanks for all you do, Matt.

Proud father of a US Marine

#4 ReRAZD

ReRAZD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

He doesn't require thanks. He is selfless. He is... Batman. (That being said, thanks Matt :D)
  • mattlgroff, SmashOgre and Iconography like this

#5 ReRAZD

ReRAZD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

If we do the 6.16.211 update manually will it still knock us off the OTA path for future updates? Just curious if it is still memory mapped.

#6 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

If we do the 6.16.211 update manually will it still knock us off the OTA path for future updates? Just curious if it is still memory mapped.

6.16.211 leak is the same as official. This brings you back to the "path" if you will.
  • DarrellRazr and routsoja like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#7 ReRAZD

ReRAZD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

6.16.211 leak is the same as official. This brings you back to the "path" if you will.

I figured as much. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks Matt.

#8 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

I'm currently on the 206 build.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can we use this utility to migrate from 206 to 211? I'm assuming I would be going with option 2; I'm also assuming that this method will wipe everything, which I'm okay with since I now know this is the official one.

So what are the steps now for 2xx to 211?

1. Copy 211 to sdcard.
2. Boot into AP BS and run utility and select option 2?
3?
4?

I know there's instructions on how to go from .20x to .21x without losing data; but would it still be better to go through with it as a "full update"? (especially since this is the official OTA); or should I just use those instructions with the 1.6 utility?

#9 ogarlen

ogarlen

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

I have a even newbier question: I have rooted and am running ROM|AOKP | AXI0M CMPLX | KANG | RAZR | from droidtheory. I am showing ICS 4.0.4 in settings but cannot determine what version I have. How would I use this tool to get back into the "OTA path"? Thanks for any help!

Also, will this process also update radios? Thanks again!

#10 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

I'm currently on the 206 build.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can we use this utility to migrate from 206 to 211? I'm assuming I would be going with option 2; I'm also assuming that this method will wipe everything, which I'm okay with since I now know this is the official one.

So what are the steps now for 2xx to 211?

1. Copy 211 to sdcard.
2. Boot into AP BS and run utility and select option 2?
3?
4?

I know there's instructions on how to go from .20x to .21x without losing data; but would it still be better to go through with it as a "full update"? (especially since this is the official OTA); or should I just use those instructions with the 1.6 utility?

Steps 1 and 2 correct.
Step 3 is reboot into Motorola Recovery, and hit "install update from external storage" and choose the 211 update.
Step 4 if you want to root is use the 4.0.4 root method.

I have a even newbier question: I have rooted and am running ROM|AOKP | AXI0M CMPLX | KANG | RAZR | from droidtheory. I am showing ICS 4.0.4 in settings but cannot determine what version I have. How would I use this tool to get back into the "OTA path"? Thanks for any help! Also, will this process also update radios? Thanks again!

Put the 211 update on your SD card.
Use option 2 in the utility.
Reboot into motorola recovery
Wipe data (highly suggested)
Install update from external storage -> Select the 211 update you put on there.
To root use the 4.0.4 root option.

Yes, this updates radios to 211 radios.
  • ogarlen and The_Ninja like this

#11 ogarlen

ogarlen

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Great, thanks for your help!

#12 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

What a great guy, ladies and gentleman! Let's hear it for Batman! :lol:

#13 bamakore

bamakore

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:bamakore
  • Google+:bamakore
  • LocationHartselle,Alabama

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

Thanks Matt for all you do for the community here at DroidRzr

#14 dawg72

dawg72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYuma, Az

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

I love using your utilities to mess with my phone thanks for them!!. I am having a bit of trouble though. I downloaded the update file and placed it on my SD card. Using your utility I followed the directions and this is what I get:

--Install / sdcard
finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: mount ("ext3", 'MTD", "system" , "/system")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

This has happened everytime I have tried to move to ICS. Even on the earlier leaks. I have wiped everything and formatted everything. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here. Some help would be AWESOME!! Thanks guys !

#15 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

I love using your utilities to mess with my phone thanks for them!!. I am having a bit of trouble though. I downloaded the update file and placed it on my SD card. Using your utility I followed the directions and this is what I get: --Install / sdcard finding update package... Opening update package... Verifying update package... Installing update... assert failed: mount ("ext3", 'MTD", "system" , "/system") E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) Installation aborted. This has happened everytime I have tried to move to ICS. Even on the earlier leaks. I have wiped everything and formatted everything. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here. Some help would be AWESOME!! Thanks guys !

#16 dawg72

dawg72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYuma, Az

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

I know its wierd. I have done option 1 about three times. I'm not sure why it is saying this. I will do option 1 again but it will give me the same result. Thats why I'm so frustrated right now.

#17 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

Great stuff Matt. Thank you.
As far as I see the new version does not incorporate the partial recovery method (keep data) and I understand why. :)
I do suppose that method still works in conjunction with your tool.
U the man.

#18 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

I know its wierd. I have done option 1 about three times. I'm not sure why it is saying this. I will do option 1 again but it will give me the same result. Thats why I'm so frustrated right now.

You are 100% flashing the 211 update package and not a different one? That can also be the case.

Great stuff Matt. Thank you. As far as I see the new version does not incorporate the partial recovery method (keep data) and I understand why. :) I do suppose that method still works in conjunction with your tool. U the man.

The unstuck function does not wipe data. It is recommended you do it manually however.

#19 dawg72

dawg72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYuma, Az

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

Yes sir only used the files that you posted. I uploaded them and then tried the flash using those files.

#20 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

Yes sir only used the files that you posted. I uploaded them and then tried the flash using those files.

Fastboot must not have flashed the files then. Come into chat and I can assist you further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users