1018 replies to this topic

#41 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hey guys,
Little bit of help here. I am trying to root my 211 install of ICS. using the updated utility. I have usb debugging selected and media device selected. When I run option 3 I get daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon. then it retries gives link failed file exists, and reboots my phone, the nest error is rm failed for /data/local/local.prop. premission denied, then adb server didn't ack. Any ideas on this, Thank you for the helpn

Did you install the latest drivers? They come with the utility.

You can also try the other root method installed with it for 4.0.3.
Option 8.
Option 4.
Option 9.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#42 Majormer

Majormer

Call me Big Papa..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:@MajormerWizard
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

The legacy continues. Batman!

#43 diasas

diasas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Matt, that did it. did not update the drivers. once updated it went thru. My mistake.

#44 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Matt, that did it. did not update the drivers. once updated it went thru. My mistake.

Good to hear you got set up.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#45 klave7

klave7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

I love using your utilities to mess with my phone thanks for them!!. I am having a bit of trouble though. I downloaded the update file and placed it on my SD card. Using your utility I followed the directions and this is what I get:

--Install / sdcard
finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: mount ("ext3", 'MTD", "system" , "/system")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

This has happened everytime I have tried to move to ICS. Even on the earlier leaks. I have wiped everything and formatted everything. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here. Some help would be AWESOME!! Thanks guys !

I am also having this problem. I'm going through option 1 again to see if that helps. If there is any other options/things to try let me know. I'm sure other people are experiencing this too.

#46 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

OK, Matt, so fbr the time it takes to d/l 1.7, it'll save me tons of OTA install time - sounds awesome!!!

I'm guessing that once safestrap is installed, you need to make a backup of initial system & then make nands accordingly.

I remember seeing somewhere that there is some sort of gotcha where ss overwrites some important area when one flashes roms &/or patches, themes, or updates. Also, where do apps & data get stored in safe or unsafe partition?

BTW, TiBu can extract apps fm nand backups, which I've used w/bootstrap; do you know if safestrapped nands can be restored via TiBu?

thanks again,
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#47 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

Question answered in chat. thanks all

#48 klave7

klave7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

I am also having this problem. I'm going through option 1 again to see if that helps. If there is any other options/things to try let me know. I'm sure other people are experiencing this too.

Reloading option 1 fixed the issue for me.

#49 jhogan11

jhogan11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSaratoga, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Ok, I was on stock 181, rooted. I did option 1, no errors. booted into razr recovery, ended up with a android on his back with"!"

#50 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

Ok, I was on stock 181, rooted. I did option 1, no errors. booted into razr recovery, ended up with a android on his back with"!"

Push both volume buttons to bring up text
  • c_live_lee likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#51 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

OK, Matt, so fbr the time it takes to d/l 1.7, it'll save me tons of OTA install time - sounds awesome!!! I'm guessing that once safestrap is installed, you need to make a backup of initial system & then make nands accordingly. I remember seeing somewhere that there is some sort of gotcha where ss overwrites some important area when one flashes roms &/or patches, themes, or updates. Also, where do apps & data get stored in safe or unsafe partition? BTW, TiBu can extract apps fm nand backups, which I've used w/bootstrap; do you know if safestrapped nands can be restored via TiBu? thanks again,

These are questions for the developers of Safestrap, hashcode :P
These are all saved on the external SD under "safestrap". I do not support using TiBu as a reliable backup tool either, especially when moving from GB to ICS. I'm sorry if that did not answer the questions.

As another user stated, press both volume buttons.

Wow, this is an amazing all in one package! Here is where I'm at: I'm on Safestrap with Eclpse on my safe side (.178 version) and totally stock on non-safe side. I've been waiting for an official leak to come out so that I can stay on track and have vanilla rooted version of ICS, seems that we now have it! So, for me, should I:

• Reboot to my non-safe side.
  • Uninstall safestrap
  • then begin using the utility at step 1
  • Then do, 3, 5, 7, and 9 in the utility and that will get me onto ICS 4.0.4?

I just solved your problem in chat but I will repeat it here for others reading it.

Fastbooting with this obliterates safe/non-safe. Restores it to stock 6.12.181 system.img and preinstall.img. Just run Option 1 to restore, and install the update from the SD card in recovery.
  • honeydesean likes this

#52 jhogan11

jhogan11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSaratoga, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

I mean I was able to go into recovery but my result was as I stated. I rebooted and the phone is like the day I bought it( factory restore). I'm missing somethind.

Can you explain "install the update from the SD card in recovery" ? Sorry for noobishness.

#53 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Can you explain "install the update from the SD card in recovery" ? Sorry for noobishness.

When you get to the sideways android with an open chest and red exclamation mark, press both volume buttons. Choose the option install update from external storage. Choose the 211 update you put on your SD card. Enjoy.

#54 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

I mean I was able to go into recovery but my result was as I stated. I rebooted and the phone is like the day I bought it( factory restore). I'm missing somethind.

Go back to recovery... On the screen you said above push both vol buttons that will bring up text so you can install .211 from your sd card

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#55 jhogan11

jhogan11

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSaratoga, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Thank you kindly, It's rolling now!

#56 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

These are questions for the developers of Safestrap, hashcode :P
These are all saved on the external SD under "safestrap". I do not support using TiBu as a reliable backup tool either, especially when moving from GB to ICS.

Matt, I truly hope I can use Tibu to restore my 3d party apps & the related data, I can't afford to lose all that when I go to ics!!! Does ics have such a diff structure for storing apps & the related data
that the most recent TiBu backups will cause probs?

If so, I'm totally ruined by this update- I rooted so I could backup everything, unless your update method leaves 3d party apps & related data in place. I guess I should ask if your option #1 will erase whatever exists on my Razr, or is it just a straight u/g of the OS?

I'm sorry if that did not answer

you always help, even a referral to hashcode is an answer, you aren't expected to know everything, Batman!

Your efforts are universally appreciated.

ciao,
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#57 Brave_Fellow

Brave_Fellow

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:Brave_Fellow

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

Got the install SD card error others are having. I'm rerunning option 1 again.

Wish I had seen that you don't recommend TiBu for restoring my phone when going from 2.3 to 4.0 :-\. TiBu is the only back up I have :-(

#58 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

nice work - thanks Batman

#59 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thanks Matt. Worked like a champ going from .206 to .211. Piece of cake. Back up and running and rooting.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#60 fdisker

fdisker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

Want to add my thanks to OP. Running .211 on the maxx and it's buttery smooth. Thanks for making it easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users