1018 replies to this topic

#921 aotechs

aotechs

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

okay i ran the 1.7 utility, flashed 6.16.211.img file, then i chose option 2. Everything runs smoothly and then it gets to the end and says to reboot into recovery and flash .211 but I CANNOT GET INTO RECOVERY!!! it just goes back to "Invaild Flash Mode" and says "Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data" and "Invalid CG Version (CG: webtop)" and "Invaild CG OTV (CG:webstop)" any help would be appreciated guys

I also cannot access the stock Android recovery. I have tried sbf and different versions of Matt's utility. I receive an error of cg failure or boot failure depending on which utility version/option I select from the menu. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I was flashing from a rooted version of 2.3.6 with safestrap. I did remove root and safestrap before flashing.

#922 E_Money915

E_Money915

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

im completely stumped on trying to root my phone for 211 ive tried everything ive come across...im not new to rooting and roms i had my evo rooted before i switched back to verizon i ran the 1.7 utility debug mode is on i ran both mtp and camera and got nothing in all my usb ports my drivers are up to date i tried the ap fastboot and still nothing...i am running the official stock 4.0.4 unrooted what am i doing wrong?

#923 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

im completely stumped on trying to root my phone for 211 ive tried everything ive come across...im not new to rooting and roms i had my evo rooted before i switched back to verizon i ran the 1.7 utility debug mode is on i ran both mtp and camera and got nothing in all my usb ports my drivers are up to date i tried the ap fastboot and still nothing...i am running the official stock 4.0.4 unrooted what am i doing wrong?

did you put the utility in your C drive? I had the same problem and that worked.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

#924 E_Money915

E_Money915

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

did you put the utility in your C drive? I had the same problem and that worked.

i put it on my desktop

#925 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

i put it on my desktop

Put the file in your C drive then extract it then run it. Hope that helps.

#926 E_Money915

E_Money915

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

so i bricked my phone i cant get it to boot up all the way it just powers down after the dual core screen...my phone is unrooted and the farthest i can go is the to ap fastboot any ideas

#927 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

so i bricked my phone i cant get it to boot up all the way it just powers down after the dual core screen...my phone is unrooted and the farthest i can go is the to ap fastboot any ideas

Were you running option #3. What were your steps that made.

#928 E_Money915

E_Money915

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Were you running option #3. What were your steps that made.

option 3 would freeze at "waiting for device" all the time so over time it fustrated me and i started trying every option...dumb thing on my part i know haha

#929 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

option 3 would freeze at "waiting for device" all the time so over time it fustrated me and i started trying every option...dumb thing on my part i know haha

Do you know what option you ran?

#930 E_Money915

E_Money915

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

i ran option 1 before it bricked...to fix it ive been trying to run option 2 but i get no where

#931 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

i ran option 1...to fix it ive been trying to run option 2 but i get no where

You need to download the stock .211 file from the op , get it on your micro SD card on the external-sd, then run option #1 again, then boot into stock recovery and flash the zip. Sorry only way.

#932 E_Money915

E_Money915

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

alright ill try that out...thanks

#933 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

NP. Hope everything works out.

#934 brex34

brex34

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

If i am on ICS .211 Black Widow and need to go back to stock. can i use the utility to do that or do i have to do something else?

#935 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

If i am on ICS .211 Black Widow and need to go back to stock. can i use the utility to do that or do i have to do something else?

You need to download the .211 zip and put it on your ext-sd, then run option #1 after its done boot into stock recovery and flash that file.

#936 E_Money915

E_Money915

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

NP. Hope everything works out.

after hours of trying i finally got it back up thanks a million man

#937 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

after hours of trying i finally got it back up thanks a million man

Just trying to do my part and give back.

#938 brex34

brex34

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

You need to download the .211 zip and put it on your ext-sd, then run option #1 after its done boot into stock recovery and flash that file.

The stock recover that use up/dwn volume and power. then what do i pick? or how do i get into it.

#939 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

The stock recover that use up/dwn volume and power. then what do i pick? or how do i get into it.

Yes, make sure the file is on the ext-sd and when you open up stock recovery that file will be there.

#940 brex34

brex34

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

LOL, i figured it out. once i do all this, will i be on the totally stock, so if i need to turn phone in for return or insurance claim?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users