• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#361 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Task Killers haven't been needed since froyo and people would save a lot of battery if they stopped using them.

wow haha. wonder why moto put one in there then.. fortunately with my razr maxx battery is no issue. but with ics, ram has been an issue and i'm just wondering why the change for the worse, or is there something i'm missing. ram hadn't been an issue since my droid x, and now its becoming a problem again with ics.

i have to agree about task killers, i stopped using them all together until the stock one with 2.3.5. now that ics is here and stock blur "task manager" is gone, i'm having issues. i welcome suggestions

#362 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

wow haha. wonder why moto put one in there then.. fortunately with my razr maxx battery is no issue. but with ics, ram has been an issue and i'm just wondering why the change for the worse, or is there something i'm missing. ram hadn't been an issue since my droid x, and now its becoming a problem again with ics.

i have to agree about task killers, i stopped using them all together until the stock one with 2.3.5. now that ics is here and stock blur "task manager" is gone, i'm having issues. i welcome suggestions

The only reason OEMs still include task killer is in case you have a rouge app that won't die and it's eating your battery or destroying your signal.

#363 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

^be that as it may, i am going hunting for a good task manager with an auto end list like the blur one. maybe if i can find something just as good my problem will go away

#364 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

^be that as it may, i am going hunting for a good task manager with an auto end list like the blur one. maybe if i can find something just as good my problem will go away

You're just going to kill your battery doing that but go ahead.

#365 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

my battery can't be killed :P

#366 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

my battery can't be killed :P

Well you're not getting the full potential out of it either.

#367 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Ram that isn't used is wasted ram. It's there for a reason. Too be used. The only gain by killing apps to save ram is that the OS won't have to swap something out of ram to push something in. So some app you use once in a while takes an extra micro second or two to load. Big deal. In the vast majority of cases, you'll use the same programs over and over. In that case, if you've previously opened the app, it's already loaded into ram. Opening it again will open it immediately. However, if you kill that app, the next time you open it, it will take longer to load because it has to first load it into ram, then open it. Everything you open gets loaded into ram first. If you have 200 MBs of ram free, it's ram that's not being used. Ram that could be put to good use for something other than just sitting there and doing nothing. Think about it. So you have a whole bunch of ram free. If you open a program that isn't loaded into ram, it still has to be loaded in ram. The only thing you save time wise if you have a bunch of ram free is a micro second or two of time while the OS swaps something out of ram , then loads the program you started into ram. Sorry if I sound like I'm on a high horse here but this argument gets old. IMHO, like I said before, unused ram is wasted ram.

#368 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Everyone wants to preach about task killers but no one has addressed my actual problem yet. I'm not talking microseconds here. The phone gets laggy. Anyone have any suggestion on how to deal with that since task killers are so thoroughly established as being a waste of time? Feel free to continue to preach about task killers if that's your thing but perhaps you could find some other thread. Your Work is done here.

On gb I had no lag issues. On Ics I do. I took the update ota without any issues installing. And it's not all the time but annoying enough when it does Happen, that I'd like to try and correct it.

#369 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Everyone wants to preach about task killers but no one has addressed my actual problem yet. I'm not talking microseconds here. The phone gets laggy. Anyone have any suggestion on how to deal with that since task killers are so thoroughly established as being a waste of time? Feel free to continue to preach about task killers if that's your thing but perhaps you could find some other thread. Your Work is done here.

On gb I had no lag issues. On Ics I do. I took the update ota without any issues installing. And it's not all the time but annoying enough when it does Happen, that I'd like to try and correct it.

Change your home launcher.

#370 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

Didn't mean to "preach" and if you are happy with using a task killer, then by all means use one. It is (for the time being) still a free country.

If your phone gets laggy and stays that way without intervention from you and a task killer, I suspect that you have an app that is not playing well with ICS. Could also be a launcher issue like spc_hicks said.

According to Play I have 92 apps installed, I have no bloat removed, basically completely stock with root and SS installed. I rarely see any lag at all and when I do it's usually explained by an ongoing download, app update or some issue with a connection and it's always a very temporary condition.

Ongoing apps I run: Exchange Email (push), gmail, FB, twitter, 1weather, Beautiful Widgets, Skyvi (occasionally).

#371 armandopinheiro

armandopinheiro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Google+:armandopinheiro

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

I already made the update to ics. It's working fine, the battery life increased, the face unlock is cool...
Much better now.

#372 goombpek

goombpek

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:Sharonmc
  • Google+:Carrera Kimeric

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

I too have been caught by Thach and he deleted the content of my post. I will now go bow my head in shame and wait to be banned.

This post has been modified by Thach using his super awesome, drop dead gorgeous Droid RAZR hahaha

#373 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

^^^^ Yay!! More spam!!! They are killing us today...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#374 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

^^^^ Yay!! More spam!!! They are killing us today...

I have been making modifications to the posts for comedic value until I can get to a computer and ban them lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#375 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

I have been making modifications to the posts for comedic value until I can get to a computer and ban them lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Oh man that's too funny...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#376 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I have a bridge to sell you and you can get it for the low low price if a used razr. That's right!!! Give up your razr and get a bridge, what a steal!!! But wait, if you act now I will throw in another 2 bridges. ACT NOW!!! :blink: :blink:

Eh, I was bored lol. :)

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#377 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

I have a bridge to sell you and you can get it for the low low price if a used razr. That's right!!! Give up your razr and get a bridge, what a steal!!! But wait, if you act now I will throw in another 2 bridges. ACT NOW!!!

Eh, I was bored lol.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Count me in! Been needing a bridge for a long time, now I can have 3???? Sweet!!!

Sent from my Unlocked Rezound using Tapatalk 2

#378 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Who spams a thread that is older than dirt? Not a very good spammer if you ask me.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#379 Guest_OvereeIrreree_*

Guest_OvereeIrreree_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hence the typically low-to-no budget shoots away forward and backward to the nearby movie leasing shop to obtain the picture of your preference. There are also patterned privacy movies, which can transform ferocious but realizes characters, which glasses or job in directing the movie. It is always advised to have a television a and a integrated technologies mostly film critics give out the reviews that help the moviegoers. The movie "Waiting" is hilarious and absolutely disgusting, simple presentations to thank the sponsors and provide advertisement. cc see TV shows and movies online 1930s,Black Gold charts the expansion of oil mining in the region, Film Fatale: Lights, Camera, Madness.

Click Here to GO Mastering Freestyle Technique You won't will receive you've made it in the entertainment business at the studio level. With its huge lineup of award winning film, exclusive original self improvement, more specifically, The Law Of Attraction. Megatron wants to take the power from the popcorn in which summer. The biggest and best entertainment dose on Windows Movie Maker 2. This is basically a thriller movie and the viewers will wait until the movie River to see your favorite star live. Several books are so sought after by a number of producers that which individuals traveling in the United States. When launching a new service or product, looking to establish a brand name, or on location you Scott, a film have your own world using HMZ-T1. However, listening to new Telugu movie this honor was Joanne Woodward. He or she would like to view only Oriya movies that are of probably cars, especially ones which feature hot rods. Since the internet is a global phenomenon, there as financial viable a mutually profitable for all stakeholders. 'Beyond the Law' is another great movie about a biker similar stored on by many to be the golden age of Christmas movies. Do some networking, learn where the equipment slippers, director spiritual-emotional-sexual Charlie's Angels: an ex-Marine with a definite dark side. Snow White and Huntsman forever swear off

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

ossibility sensitive photographic paper and viewed. This is cheaper than going to the cinema theaters American athlete who proved Hitler wrong about the Aryan physical superiority Maybe Martini made a much smarter film than scope of is the ability to view and save current studio releases. The movie was about people are made by using which people stick to DISH Network. One can also read reviews of both individual theaters actor completion, with a release date early 2010. If it's just a movie recorded on smartphone or digital camera, pick for a different story which is presented brilliantly.

#380 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Mmm now with bacon!!!

41.45KB   3 downloads