#21 en7gm4

en7gm4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/en7gm4
  • LocationtEXas

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

I just wonder if source will be dropped soon. I'm not holding my breath for it. I don't know MOTO's rep for releasing source. I also figure that the people on the 211 leak that can't fastboot back moto should release a way rsd 5 or something cause there would be a sh!tload of phones as paperweight if something happened to them and when they sent them in to get fixed.

#22 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

~the countdown begins~

#23 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

I just wonder if source will be dropped soon. I'm not holding my breath for it. I don't know MOTO's rep for releasing source. I also figure that the people on the 211 leak that can't fastboot back moto should release a way rsd 5 or something cause there would be a sh!tload of phones as paperweight if something happened to them and when they sent them in to get fixed.

They're actually pretty good about releasing source. Not in a timely fashion, but not years late, either.

#24 utekking

utekking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

I have said it many times before, the best beta testers are forum peeps that do all sorts of things with there phones. I know some disagree with those statements but it is what it is. The leaks were the soak test (imo), there is no way to run a soak test for 2 days and then release it to the masses without prior knowledge of what will happen.

Kudos to all the developers here for getting the leaks and figuring out how to get people back on the OTA path!!!

THe Razr is by far the best phone out there at the moment with ICS on it now!!!!! And just think, its 7 months old which in MOBILE electronics is a really long time....
Droid Razr upgraded to Maxx!!!

#25 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

Hmm, so today is the day huh? Shall we hold our breath...lol. Next up unlocked bootloader huzzah!! Oh wait, nvm. Bah!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#26 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

So is there no soak? I hear no ones got soak yet?

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#27 McIrish2

McIrish2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hi,
I'm new here and pretty new to Android in general. I come from a decade of Blackberries.. I have a quick question and probably stupid as well. Can 211 be installed from an SD card now, seeing as I'm impatient? I had thought I found a link to download it, but the file name is: Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip which i believe is GB.
  • mobyj likes this

#28 j6bennett1

j6bennett1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hi,
I'm new here and pretty new to Android in general. I come from a decade of Blackberries.. I have a quick question and probably stupid as well. Can 211 be installed from an SD card now, seeing as I'm impatient? I had thought I found a link to download it, but the file name is: Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip which i believe is GB.

it can be. you should do a little more reading before you take the plunge if you're new, but it's named that way because that's the ROM you're coming FROM :)

#29 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

So is there no soak? I hear no ones got soak yet?

I got the invite email but that was just a couple days ago. But nothing else. One hell of a soak test. Just leak the build. LOL. Now we need to figure out how to fix the app we don't name with ICS

#30 McIrish2

McIrish2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

it can be. you should do a little more reading before you take the plunge if you're new, but it's named that way because that's the ROM you're coming FROM :)

Do you unzip the files onto the SD or just copy the zip file onto the SD?
I will do a lot more reading. I used to install a lot of hybrid OS's onto Blackberries. Android is pretty different.

#31 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Do you unzip the files onto the SD or just copy the zip file onto the SD?
I will do a lot more reading. I used to install a lot of hybrid OS's onto Blackberries. Android is pretty different.

Definitely do not unzip it. Please read the linked thread for an easier install:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#32 callahanx

callahanx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:blcx
  • Google+:brandoncallahan30@gmail.com

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

I just spoke with a Verizon wireless representative, moments ago, and she informed me that the update is supposed to come out between the 25th and the 28th. She also said that the RAZR would be getting it closer to the 28th because ota's are generally pushed to the older phones first! LETS GO ICS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#33 McIrish2

McIrish2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

Definitely do not unzip it. Please read the linked thread for an easier install:

I ran the utility and followed step 1 and it said everything was OK. Rebooted into recovery mode. I had an icon on the screen of an Android on its side with an ! in a triangle. I was starting to think I bricked it, but a few minutes later it booted. After going through all the initial stuff, I checked the OS. It still says 2.3.6, so I must have messed up somewhere.

#34 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

I just spoke with a Verizon wireless representative, moments ago, and she informed me that the update is supposed to come out between the 25th and the 28th. She also said that the RAZR would be getting it closer to the 28th because ota's are generally pushed to the older phones first! LETS GO ICS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This makes more sence.. soak today maybee.. official in a fee days

Posted Image

#35 stevetc

stevetc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Ok I have a noob question. If i install the .211 leak with the steps in the forum will I still be on the upgrade path? or should i just wait to pull the OTA and insure im on the upgrade path.

#36 randomcold

randomcold

I'm a virus waiting to happen.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa, Alabama

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Once the OTA gets pushed through, can I put in my FCC complaint for razr? I'm on .211 leak, and going to try and get a Maxx. I've been waiting for ics to release, before I do.

#37 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Motorola confirmed, a select few (soak) will get the update first, then the rollout to the masses.

#38 dragonbro

dragonbro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hey I can't find it but isn't there somewhere that gives a code to type in to pull the ota

*#*#checkin#*#*

#39 Erp

Erp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Verizon has a news article on it and it states that the rollout will begin today.

#40 Th3fireballkid

Th3fireballkid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

Really want to know, if I am running one of the ICS leaks will I still get the OTA? Dumb question I know but I don't feel like going back to GB for a few days while I wait for the OTA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users