Photo

[How-To] Upgrade From .181 To .211 (Sideload)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

May I ask? When I click on CWM initially, shouldn't the SU request appear asking to allow or deny? Mine does not. In fact I get nothing except the CWM main menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That is correct. there wont be an allow SU... only a lil window with a description of some sort., so you just hit the OK button. then hit the home key and proceed on with the rest of the directions..

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#62 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

That is correct. there wont be an allow SU... only a lil window with a description of some sort., so you just hit the OK button. then hit the home key and proceed on with the rest of the directions..

I guess I was looking for the SU request. My error. Sorry for wasting your time & others as well. Edit: Even though I am on 211 now, I did exactly what you said, just short of selecting CWM in es explorer. Worked as said in your OP. Thanks again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#63 zoo16

zoo16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

you failed to delete recovery, you only deleted the apk. so you need to delete CWM recovery
How to remove bootstrap clockworkmod:

1. Uninstall the bootstrap application.
2. Get Root Explorer/ES file Explorer from the market.
3. Using a file manager "root explorer" go into system/bin
4. click on r/w in the top right corner.
5. Delete the file called "hijack" & logwrapper
6. Rename the logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper(Without the .bin on the end)

Now that you have recovery uninstalled, place the blur zip in the /cache directory again, and try installing like the directions show in the OP. if that fails, i THEN recommend using the option 1 in the 1.6 utility and get back to a Completely stock and fresh 181 system, root with motofail, and then proceed to follow the directions stated in the OP. :ph34r:

That worked! Thatnks for the help!
  • andlaw likes this

#64 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

That worked! Thatnks for the help!

np! glad it worked for you!!

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#65 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Assuming all goes well, how long does this normally take? I'm debating whether I should take the plunge tonight and risk staying up all night or waiting until tomorrow to start. =)
TIA

#66 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Assuming all goes well, how long does this normally take? I'm debating whether I should take the plunge tonight and risk staying up all night or waiting until tomorrow to start. =)
TIA

depends if your on stock .181.

takes 8-12 minutes to fast boot, 2 minutes to root. 20 seconds to transfer the file into the directory. a few minutes to download and setup es file explorer, ota root keeper and ROM manager. then another 10-15 minutes for the OTA to install.

so roughly a half hour to do this. .. :ph34r:

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#67 thaijunk

thaijunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

depends if your on stock .181.

takes 8-12 minutes to fast boot, 2 minutes to root. 20 seconds to transfer the file into the directory. a few minutes to download and setup es file explorer, ota root keeper and ROM manager. then another 10-15 minutes for the OTA to install.

so roughly a half hour to do this. .. :ph34r:

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Cool! Thanks andlaw. I am on stock .181 but I did install Safestrap and froze a few apps through TiBu. I've defrosted all of the apps already and uninstalled recovery before removing Safestrap. Hope that is enough. I assume I would have to do all of that anyways before installing the OTA whenever it got pushed to my phone.

#68 coryj558

coryj558

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

Are there similar instructions for those of us who were running safestrap instead of bootstrap? I don't have a "hijack" file in my system/bin, but I do have the logwrapper & logwrapper.bin. I have already uninstalled recovery via safestrap and then uninstalled the app.

Update: I tried to delete/rename logwrapper(.bin) and ES File Explorer with root and system r/w could not delete or modify them.

UPDATE #2: Well, I got impatient and tried option one of the 1.7 utility and it factory reset my phone! I was hoping it would restore my preinstall dir so that I could take the soak and not lose data, but no dice! Guess I will be just installing a fresh .211 and setting all my shat up once again.

Thanks!

you failed to delete recovery, you only deleted the apk. so you need to delete CWM recovery
How to remove bootstrap clockworkmod:

1. Uninstall the bootstrap application.
2. Get Root Explorer/ES file Explorer from the market.
3. Using a file manager "root explorer" go into system/bin
4. click on r/w in the top right corner.
5. Delete the file called "hijack" & logwrapper
6. Rename the logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper(Without the .bin on the end)

Now that you have recovery uninstalled, place the blur zip in the /cache directory again, and try installing like the directions show in the OP. if that fails, i THEN recommend using the option 1 in the 1.6 utility and get back to a Completely stock and fresh 181 system, root with motofail, and then proceed to follow the directions stated in the OP. :ph34r:

#69 rnlcomp

rnlcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationS.E. Louisiana

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

The link for the file is broken, anybody else have it?

Edit: Working now, thanks.

#70 wallballking

wallballking

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Quick question gang. I scanned the post and didn't see any mention if so I apologize in advance.

Can you flash back .181 after installing this?

#71 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Quick question gang. I scanned the post and didn't see any mention if so I apologize in advance.

Can you flash back .181 after installing this?

Nope. Once you go ICS there is no going back

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#72 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Nope. Once you go ICS there is no going back

Why would anyone wanna go back? Lol
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#73 eighteen and one

eighteen and one

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:InHogansHead

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

On Razr Maxx and cannot download OTA Rootkeeper from Google Play. What are my options? Any app to run in its place?

#74 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

On Razr Maxx and cannot download OTA Rootkeeper from Google Play. What are my options? Any app to run in its place?

weird that you cant download the app from play? but we already have a root method for 4.0.4 so no need bother with voodoo rootkeeper, was just to save some time and make it easier for regaining root during the OTA procedure. Just follow the rest of the steps, and then use the root tool found at the bottom of the OP. B)
  • eighteen and one likes this

Posted Image

#75 eighteen and one

eighteen and one

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:InHogansHead

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

weird that you cant download the app from play? but we already have a root method for 4.0.4 so no need bother with voodoo rootkeeper, was just to save some time and make it easier for regaining root during the OTA procedure. Just follow the rest of the steps, and then use the root tool found at the bottom of the OP. B)

Play says Rootkeeper is not compatible with my device. Thanks for the quick reply. Will go ahead with other steps now.

#76 rnlcomp

rnlcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationS.E. Louisiana

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Loving ICS with one exception, before I could use google wifi tether, but now it keeps failing on ad-hoc. Any one have an idea?

#77 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Loving ICS with one exception, before I could use google wifi tether, but now it keeps failing on ad-hoc. Any one have an idea?

not the thread for this question. but have you went into the wifi tether settings and tried changing the Device profile to ICS or Generic ICS.. might see if everything starts up successfully then.

Posted Image

#78 jackholl92

jackholl92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

If you upgraded through cheese cake to .211 can you get the next ota if we ever got one?

#79 Chewbacka

Chewbacka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thanks man. Nice and easy. Up and running ICS with ease. Very easy to do.

#80 Dshiznit5044

Dshiznit5044

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

The link is broken for the unlocking tool at the bottom of the OP's post. Is there another link?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users