• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#21 scarathers

scarathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

I have the same problem as kingkongsmith but I'm on .181.

EDIT
Mine says
assert failed: mount("ext3". "MTD". "preinstall". "/preinstall")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)

#22 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

I have the same problem as kingkongsmith but I'm on .181.

His problem is fixed the same way. Follow the directions in OP.

Option 1. Reboot into GB (it will do some loading after option 1 before you boot), Go to Motorola Recovery, Wipe Cache, Install 211.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#23 Toxicwolf

Toxicwolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:116448988752166128281

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Well I got it as far as the droid guy laying on his back with door open. This should be the ICS recovery right? Then I did the install from sd card option. It gave me the status 7 error.

#24 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Well I got it as far as the droid guy laying on his back with door open. This should be the ICS recovery right? Then I did the install from sd card option. It gave me the status 7 error.

That is ICS Recovery, yes.
Reboot the phone and attempt to boot normally.
Go back to recovery.
Wipe Cache.
Install update from external storage.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#25 scarathers

scarathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

His problem is fixed the same way. Follow the directions in OP.

Option 1. Reboot into GB (it will do some loading after option 1 before you boot), Go to Motorola Recovery, Wipe Cache, Install 211.

I've done this multiple times and it keeps giving me this message

(Status 7)

You think it's a bad download?

#26 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

I've done this multiple times and it keeps giving me this message

(Status 7)

You think it's a bad download?

I do not think its a bad download, just completely turn off your phone. Re-do option 1. Reboot into GB (it will do some loading after option 1 before you boot), Go to Motorola Recovery, Wipe Cache, Install 211.

If it still doesn't work, you should try another method because at that point there is nothing else we can try.

#27 Toxicwolf

Toxicwolf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Google+:116448988752166128281

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

That is ICS Recovery, yes.
Reboot the phone and attempt to boot normally.
Go back to recovery.
Wipe Cache.
Install update from external storage.

trying now, so far so good. hope this works this time.

Update: rebooted and waiting to see what happens.....

Update: On the Android is upgrading screen and now is booting into ICS.......Whooop! Thanks again Matt!!
  • mattlgroff likes this

#28 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx hd, og droid razr

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

hi i used your utility to upgrade and it worked fine however i cannot get my phone to root.... it keeps saying "adb server out of date..killing"...i tried coping my adb files over from my sdk and i still get that error.... any idea's? file:///C:/Users/Shawn/Desktop/Screenshot_2012-06-24-22-46-06.png

#29 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

hi i used your utility to upgrade and it worked fine however i cannot get my phone to root.... it keeps saying "adb server out of date..killing"...i tried coping my adb files over from my sdk and i still get that error.... any idea's? file:///C:/Users/Shawn/Desktop/Screenshot_2012-06-24-22-46-06.png

Try doing "adb kill-server" in the CMD before running the utility.

#30 itzAstonish

itzAstonish

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:itzAstonish

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Everything seems to be going good with mine, but after I wipe then install the update to the leak it just goes to a black screen after the moto logo. Any ideas? I'm coming from Black Widow Milestone 5, and used #2 on your utility.

#31 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Everything seems to be going good with mine, but after I wipe then install the update to the leak it just goes to a black screen after the moto logo. Any ideas? I'm coming from Black Widow Milestone 5, and used #2 on your utility.

After you installed the update it said Install Complete, correct? BTW I am in chat room

#32 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx hd, og droid razr

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

Thanks matt i got it working :)

#33 scarathers

scarathers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

I do not think its a bad download, just completely turn off your phone. Re-do option 1. Reboot into GB (it will do some loading after option 1 before you boot), Go to Motorola Recovery, Wipe Cache, Install 211.

If it still doesn't work, you should try another method because at that point there is nothing else we can try.

I still couldn't get to work. Thanks for your help and time though. You do awesome work.

#34 mrhacks

mrhacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFlorida Keys

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

How to get back to STOCK 211?

I recently used Matt's utility1.7 to update from 181 to 211. Since then I have deleted some apps and was wondering how can I get back to STOCK 211(for future OTA updates). Do I use Matt's 1.7 utility, If so which option?

#35 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

How to get back to STOCK 211?

I recently used Matt's utility1.7 to update from 181 to 211. Since then I have deleted some apps and was wondering how can I get back to STOCK 211(for future OTA updates). Do I use Matt's 1.7 utility, If so which option?

Option 2. Boot normally, it will install files and then finish and turn black. Go to Recovery. Wipe Cache. Install 211 again.

#36 mrhacks

mrhacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationFlorida Keys

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

Option 2. Boot normally, it will install files and then finish and turn black. Go to Recovery. Wipe Cache. Install 211 again.

OK thanks I will give it a try

#37 Ztary

Ztary

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well...
I guess I made a mistake....
I tried to install this on a Rogers device and now I'm getting weird errors. Also I believe it has bricked.
I'd love a little bit of help...

#38 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Well...
I guess I made a mistake....
I tried to install this on a Rogers device and now I'm getting weird errors. Also I believe it has bricked.
I'd love a little bit of help...

You will need to find a restore method for the Rogers XT910. I apologize you had issues, but this is for the Motorola DROID RAZR not the Motorola RAZR.

#39 Ztary

Ztary

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

You will need to find a restore method for the Rogers XT910. I apologize you had issues, but this is for the Motorola DROID RAZR not the Motorola RAZR.

Uh. Crap. Okay thanks. I used a root method for the Droid RAZR so I assumed it was the same.
Sheesh that sucks.
I'll start looking I guess.

#40 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hey, i rooted my OTA .211 with the 1.7 utility (Very nice, thank you) but i didn't change the mass storage USB setting.. it rooted anyways and I haven't noticed any bugs. Did I get lucky or did it probably mess something up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users