4 replies to this topic

#1 gilbertiddi0

gilbertiddi0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

So I bought a used razr i on ebay to replace an i that got damaged recently. It appears to have been on the "Claro" network from Puerto Rico. It has the SIM locked, after looking into this, it may be possible to unlock the SIM so I attempted that. I have had no luck with that.

The firmware is also extremely Claro-centric so I attempted to modify this, The only firmware I can even get to load are latin versions. The message I get is "downgrading secure version flash failed." I have attempted such with RSD and with fastboot. It simply soft bricks the phone. I did manage to find an Argentinian version that is somewhat generic. The SIM is still locked.

I have attempted to unlock the bootloader through Motorola, but they do not recognize it as an unlockable device. It's still on 4.0.4, I'm not going to let it upgrade until I am sure that is the right thing to do.If it will even OTA.

Is there a way past this?

#2 gilbertiddi0

gilbertiddi0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Okay, I got the bootloader unlocked. I am trying to get off the latin versions. Simple reason; I think that is the problem. I can now get RSD to go to step 3: fails with the error:

E:Downgraded security version for logo

#3 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

logo is just the icon that flashes on the screen when you first hit the power button. If you want, you can go into that fastboot files xml and delete the line that references "logo" and try again. But downgraded secure version is a weird error with the bootloader unlocked. Not too sure, I don't know a whole lot about that device. I know mattlgroff used to have one, maybe he could give you more info?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#4 gilbertiddi0

gilbertiddi0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

Actually, it was the reason for failure if I tried to fastboot the individual images too - that was part of flashing bootloader I believe.

Installing "jellybean" solved that: I was able to flash an English ("Orange") version with no problem. I had no luck with that so I fastbooted cwm in recovery and jumped to Matt's version of jellybean. I did foolishly notice I no longer had a copy of rootkeeper so I tried to re-root - ended up bricking it but was able to find a tool on XDA that recovered so I am still in the running.

Still no luck on unlocking the Sim however. I opened it in "radiocomm" but it looks completely different from the "m" I was able to open up to GSM, The Key I got still is not recognized. The IMEI has remained constant though-out this process.  I am sure there must be some way of using radiocomm to enter the key or at least allow unlocking, but I can't find any procedure documented.

#5 gilbertiddi0

gilbertiddi0

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

Okay, this is turning into a blog. It is now hard bricked, maybe permanently. I found the solution: xfstk-dldr-solo.exe - it flashes files still to it - it fixed it once before, so I still have hope. I see many people are having problems very similar to mine, again leading me to believe there is a way out.

The problem as I see it, is in the present "un-bricking" usage, you flash two files, "drix" and "ifwi" to repair the boot loader. Obviously more than two files are mismatched or corrupted by the process of unlocking the bootloader and introducing clockwork mod recovery. This software is capable of flashing more then two files, why not replace all files so they match? the forum on xda-developers has two topics covering this so eventually I will have to register and post to those also, but this is the forum I find most answers and seems to have the most experts, so my question of the day is, what other files need to be replaced to match the ifwi and drix ones?

Z:\brick\unbrick>xfstk-dldr-solo.exe --help

XFSTK Downloader Solo 1.1.0a
Copyright (c) 2011 Intel Corporation

Command Line Options:
  -h [ --help ]               Print usage message
  --fwdnx arg (=BLANK.bin)    File path for the FW DNX module
  --fwimage arg (=BLANK.bin)  File path for the FW Image module
  --osdnx arg (=BLANK.bin)    File path for the OS DNX module
  --osimage arg (=BLANK.bin)  File path for the OS image
  --miscdnx arg               File path for miscellaneous DNX module
  --gpflags arg (=0x80000000) Optional argument. 32 Bit Hex Value of the
                              GPFlags.