• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

postingheader-web.png

Welcome to CMB Roms- CM done Better... Dark Themed for his/her Pleasure

Why CMB?
We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below), all this wrapped in a custom black theme.  We used the KISS principal when deciding what to offer, we based our frameworks on CM alone (not FrankFrameworks like some others out there), enabling us to provide updates and bug fixes as soon as CM does.  This doesn't mean we are only relying on them for development, it just eases merging.

Features
  • Based on Android 4.3_r3.1, CM10.2
  • All current features CM10.2
  • Dark Holo Theme, with drawables from TeamBaked)
  • Dark Mms app (thanks to my mates at TeamBaked for the start)
  • Dark Calendar
  • Dark Contacts
  • Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!
  • Bash "tab to complete" now works
  • Remount helper, in adb shell
  •  
    Old

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

New

Better Right?? :)
    We plan to add more features, suggestions are welcome (but sometimes ignored :p)

Navigating CMB roms
    Enough already where do I find CMB for MY device?

Post 2 - Stable, and developer preview Download's and Device specific Instructions

Post 3 - Device specific bugs, Changelog and other developer Notes

Supported Devices
  • Sony Tablet Z, LTE, WIFI
  • Sony Xperia ZL
  • Nexus 4
  • Nexus 7 (2k12,2k13)
  • Moto Atrix HD, Razer M, Razer HD/HD Maxx
  • Galaxy S3 Verizon
  • Galaxy Note 8
  • The Team
  • @nycbjr - Team Leader, creative mastermind, Maintainer: Pollux/Pollux_Windy (Xperia Tablet Z), Odin (Xperia ZL), N5110 (Note 8)
  • @Drgravy1 - Dark master of Calendar - Maintainer: Mako (Nexus 4), Grouper (Nexus 7 2k12), Flo (Nexus 7 2k13)
  • @timpohladthomas - Maintainer: mb886 (Atrix HD), xt907 (Razr M), xt925 (Razr HD/MAXX (GSM)), xt926 (Razr HD/MAXX (CDMA)), d2vzw (Galaxy S3 Verizon)
  • @otisbartleh - Theme/Dark Apps consultant
  • @termleech - Team Cheerleader :)
  • Interested in joining the team?  Or know someone?  We want to add more devices, if you know how to build, and have a device not on our list pm nycbjr, or hop on our IRC #cmbroms

Credits
  • Google, wow is all I can say!
  • CyanogenMod we wouldn't be doing this if if weren't for them (even if they are for profit now hah).
  • nitroglycerine33 for his amazing inverted Gapps package!
  • TeamBaked, learned allot maintaining for that team. Thanks Travis!
  • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
  • Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#cmbroms IRC

Disclaimer: CMB Roms is not responsible for anything you do to your device, but we will do our best to assist

• RikRong likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#2 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
    • 1,428 posts

Links and Flashing Instructions

Current Releases
  • CMB Roms Stable - r1b - RAZR M

• Inverted Gapps

•  
    Previous Releases
  • None Yet
  •  
    Device Specific Instructions
    You must have your bootloader unlocked
    Enter Recovery
    Wipe data/Factory Reset
    Flash Rom and Gapps
    Reboot and Enjoy

• Beanerman likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#3 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
    • 1,428 posts

reserved

PDbEXCr.png

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
    • 2,117 posts
    • LocationNoDak
    • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Hmmm, very nice.  You keep throwing more options at me.  I wish I actually had the time to flash all of these. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#5 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
    • 92 posts
    • Twitter:@joshmink
    • LocationOHIO
    • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Getting ready to check it out. it's downloading now. I will give some feedback, asap! Looks awesome though.

• timpohladthomas likes this

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
    • 2,117 posts
    • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'm not sure why but ever since I upgraded TWRP to the newer version, I stopped mounting system before wiping data.  I saw someone mention that mounting solved his 4.3 issues in a thread on XDA.  So, I mounted when I wiped this time and then flashed this ROM.  So far, so good.  It's been running excellent.  None of the 4.3 issues that everyone talks about, and it flies.  Thanks Tim.

#7 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 426 posts
    • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'm not sure why but ever since I upgraded TWRP to the newer version, I stopped mounting system before wiping data. I saw someone mention that mounting solved his 4.3 issues in a thread on XDA. So, I mounted when I wiped this time and then flashed this ROM. So far, so good. It's been running excellent. None of the 4.3 issues that everyone talks about, and it flies. Thanks Tim.

Same here. Found a post on xda saying the same thing and tried it. Fixed my problem I was having not being able to reboot without getting stuck at the logo. Also flashed twrp 2.6.3.0 because its supposed to be 4.3 friendly.
    • RikRong likes this

#8 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
    • 2,117 posts
    • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Same here. Found a post on xda saying the same thing and tried it. Fixed my problem I was having not being able to reboot without getting stuck at the logo. Also flashed twrp 2.6.3.0 because its supposed to be 4.3 friendly.

Yeah, I updated to TWRP 2.6.3 last week and flashed AOKP 4.3, but I still had issues.  Mounting seems to be key, I'm not sure why I ever stopped doing it.

#9 RagingH4vok

RagingH4vok

n00b

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

I am using Safestrap to install this and a few other roms with no succes I just get a black screen and have to boot back to recovery.  I am rooted and I have tried liquid smooth, revolt and this one on my xt907 razrm with no luck.  Maybe you guys can help.

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
    • 2,117 posts
    • LocationNoDak

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I am using Safestrap to install this and a few other roms with no succes I just get a black screen and have to boot back to recovery.  I am rooted and I have tried liquid smooth, revolt and this one on my xt907 razrm with no luck.  Maybe you guys can help.

Links and Flashing Instructions

Current Releases
    •  
    • CMB Roms Stable - r1b - RAZR M

• Inverted Gapps

Previous Releases
    •  
    • None Yet

Device Specific Instructions

You must have your bootloader unlocked
    Enter Recovery
    Wipe data/Factory Reset
    Flash Rom and Gapps
    Reboot and Enjoy

^^^^From the OP, you need an unlocked bootloader for this ROM and all of the ones you listed.  You can't flash these in SS with a locked BL.

#11 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 478 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'm not sure why but ever since I upgraded TWRP to the newer version, I stopped mounting system before wiping data. I saw someone mention that mounting solved his 4.3 issues in a thread on XDA. So, I mounted when I wiped this time and then flashed this ROM. So far, so good. It's been running excellent. None of the 4.3 issues that everyone talks about, and it flies. Thanks Tim.

after reading your comment I tried it. I am having some trouble with this ROM. It gets stuck on the boot logo after a reboot. Any ideas?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#12 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 426 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

after reading your comment I tried it. I am having some trouble with this ROM. It gets stuck on the boot logo after a reboot. Any ideas?

Did you do a complete wipe and reflash ROM and gapps? Worked for me and other people getting stuck also so it seems there's something to it. You have to go back every time just so you know and mount because it unmounts after every wipe.

#13 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 478 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Did you do a complete wipe and reflash ROM and gapps? Worked for me and other people getting stuck also so it seems there's something to it. You have to go back every time just so you know and mount because it unmounts after every wipe.

well I think so. When you wipe, are you doing advanced wipe? How many times are you wiping?

#14 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 426 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

well I think so. When you wipe, are you doing advanced wipe? How many times are you wiping?

I did advanced and formatted data 3 times. The first reboot took 3 min then after that there all normal. Also I flashed twrp 2.6.3.0 which is working better than 2.6 was for me.

#15 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 478 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I did advanced and formatted data 3 times. The first reboot took 3 min then after that there all normal. Also I flashed twrp 2.6.3.0 which is working better than 2.6 was for me.

I will try it.

#16 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 478 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

when you flashed 2.6.3 did you use recovery?

#17 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 426 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

when you flashed 2.6.3 did you use recovery?

Ya. I got the zip on xda. I flashed twrp then did the wipes and install.

#18 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
    • 2,117 posts
    • LocationNoDak

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Like OldDude, I'm also running the most up-to-date TWRP.  I mount system and do the FDR.  Then I make sure system is still mounted and go into the advanced settings and wipe system, date, and caches.  After that, I reboot recovery and flash (without mounting).  Yeah, it does seem that the first boot takes a while, but after that I never had problems rebooting.  Right now I'm deployed, so I only use the phone as an alarm and for WiFi.  It gets shutdown every morning and rebooted every evening.  So far I've had no reboot issues.

#19 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 478 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

Like OldDude, I'm also running the most up-to-date TWRP.  I mount system and do the FDR.  Then I make sure system is still mounted and go into the advanced settings and wipe system, date, and caches.  After that, I reboot recovery and flash (without mounting).  Yeah, it does seem that the first boot takes a while, but after that I never had problems rebooting.  Right now I'm deployed, so I only use the phone as an alarm and for WiFi.  It gets shutdown every morning and rebooted every evening.  So far I've had no reboot issues.

I did the mount system, wipe Data cache and dalvik, formatted Data, (Don't think I should have done this) and then mounted system and flashed rom rebooted recovery and flashed gapps. Booted fine the first time. I rebooted and it stuck at the boot logo for longer than 3-5 minutes. Tried to restore another rom and it failed. Tried to reboot and logo hung again. I am now waiting for the battery to charge enough to fast boot back and start over. Did you flash newest TWRP using recovery?

#20 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
    • 2,117 posts
    • LocationNoDak

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

I did the mount system, wipe Data cache and dalvik, formatted Data, (Don't think I should have done this) and then mounted system and flashed rom rebooted recovery and flashed gapps. Booted fine the first time. I rebooted and it stuck at the boot logo for longer than 3-5 minutes. Tried to restore another rom and it failed. Tried to reboot and logo hung again. I am now waiting for the battery to charge enough to fast boot back and start over. Did you flash newest TWRP using recovery?

Mmmm, that's weird.  It seems like you did everything correctly.  I flashed the latest TWRP through fastboot.  As for the restore not working, I had same issue at one point.  I did my restore and it said it failed.  I rebooted anyway and the ROM did flash but it did not restore data.  So it was like having a brand new, fresh-flashed ROM.  Try this:  restore only the boot.img of the ROM in recovery, then do the full restore of the ROM after that.  I did this last time I restored from 4.3 and it worked like a charm. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users