162 replies to this topic

#21 irx102

irx102

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCanada, Ontario, Ottawa
  • Current Device(s):Ascend u8681(stock root), Nexus 4(cyanogenmod root)

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

If you're able to get cwm recovery on this phone, can you tell me how you did it? The u8681 model doesn't let you modify anything while in dload mode exept to force upgrade. If you all have cwm working, there are some better upgraded adreno 205 grahics driver available to install for this phone that will make transition and graphics much smoother.

graphics drivers: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1828902

#22 Viper_Prime

Viper_Prime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8730

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

I noticed in your pictures that it was not in English.  Just to confirm what I already think I know, I can change it to english in settings, correct?  I have to admit I'm reluctant to do this, seeing as I don't have any stock rom to fall back on and I don't wish to lose all my apps and data and such if it fails on me.....Are you certain this will work?  Also, will I need to re-root the phone or no?  I have stock firmware and I am rooted.

#23 Viper_Prime

Viper_Prime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

I noticed in your pictures that it was not in English.  Just to confirm what I already think I know, I can change it to english in settings, correct?  I have to admit I'm reluctant to do this, seeing as I don't have any stock rom to fall back on and I don't wish to lose all my apps and data and such if it fails on me.....Are you certain this will work?  Also, will I need to re-root the phone or no?  I have stock firmware and I am rooted.

#24 Viper_Prime

Viper_Prime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Also, will the hardware keyboard force rotation regaurdless of auto-rotate settings, as it does in stock rom?  Also, will it work normally in portrait mode with it closed?  And the hardware keyboard still functions 100%, correct?  By 100% I mean caps and symbols as well as letters.

#25 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Huawei U8680

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Yes, mine was default English. You can change it. You will lose all your data unless you back it up on your computer.  It should work, but I'm not certain.

No you won't have to re-root.

Edited by surfer43, 05 October 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#26 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

If you're able to get cwm recovery on this phone, can you tell me how you did it? The u8681 model doesn't let you modify anything while in dload mode exept to force upgrade. If you all have cwm working, there are some better upgraded adreno 205 grahics driver available to install for this phone that will make transition and graphics much smoother.

How to get cwm recovery: http://www.droidrzr....k-recovery-mod/. By dload mode do you mean when you press power, volume up, and volume down when off? This won't go to download mode unless there is no dload folder on the root of the sdcard folder with update.app in it. If you remove this, it should let you go to download mode and replace recovery.img

#27 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:@magikstar29
  • LocationDouarnenez / Finistère / Bretagne / France
  • Current Device(s):HTC Desire Z / Alcatel OT-986 / Huawei U8730

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Glad to see that you made use of the u8681 rom that I've provided you.

yeah, i have made flashable rom with your update.app and boot.img,thank you so much

#28 Viper_Prime

Viper_Prime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yes, mine was default English. You can change it. You will lose all your data unless you back it up on your computer.  It should work, but I'm not certain.

No you won't have to re-root.

What is your recommendation for a backup method?  I would prefer one that keeps my apps linked to the store but saves their data, If that is even possible.  I have a 32 GB micro SD that Is mostly free space and a PC, obviously.  What method would you recommend personally?  Thanks for the fast replies, btw.

#29 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

in my screen,it's not in english because i'm french ;-) you can change the language in setting but by default it will be in english.

hardware keyboard doesn't work properly, need some investigation to debug it so it's not suitable for U8730.

#30 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

the wind mobile version has locked bootloader, not the t-mobile version

#31 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

What is your recommendation for a backup method?  I would prefer one that keeps my apps linked to the store but saves their data, If that is even possible.  I have a 32 GB micro SD that Is mostly free space and a PC, obviously.  What method would you recommend personally?  Thanks for the fast replies, btw.

I would simply copy and paste the files from your phone's internal storage and sd card to the computer and after flashing copy any app data or personal files back where it was.  In settings->Backup & Reset (If the default rom has this) you might be able to back everything up with google. Two places I have noticed app data are folders in the root of the sd card/internal storage and the Android->data folder. Other than that, I don't know.

#32 Viper_Prime

Viper_Prime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

in my screen,it's not in english because i'm french ;-) you can change the language in setting but by default it will be in english.

hardware keyboard doesn't work properly, need some investigation to debug it so it's not suitable for U8730.

:( Bummer.  I use the keyboard too much to give it up.  If a fix is found for this, I'll update right away.  I believe you stated earlier that this sort of thing may be a kernel issue.  Is there a way to use the U8730 kernel that Huawei provided to us to modify the kernel in the new rom?

For the record I'm not quite as good on the programming end of things...  I have limited experience with game modding and a small amount of batch knowledge.  My specialty is computer repair and Windows, with a certain degree of knowledge with Android and modding, but not much on the coding level so pardon me if I sound stupid.

#33 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Using the app at https://github.com/c...est.apk/qr_code to tell you the key code for each key on the keyboard you can probably remap the keys found in /system/usr/keylayout. A guide: https://github.com/c...est.apk/qr_code.

#34 irx102

irx102

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

the wind mobile version has locked bootloader, not the t-mobile version

But how were you able to get cwm recovery on this rom even with the locked bootloader?

#35 irx102

irx102

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I noticed that people are looking for a backup solution before modding their phone so I'll just provide another one. You have to be rooted for this to work flawlessly.

Go backup v1.12 an old version but it lets you backup anything free. Works perfect to backup apps, apps data, call logs, message logs and anything else plus easy to use

Attached Files

#36 irx102

irx102

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Use this http://www.droidrzr....attach_id=14789

#37 surfer43

surfer43

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

But how were you able to get cwm recovery on this rom even with the locked bootloader?

It stayed on after switching roms from stock rom to your rom.

#38 irx102

irx102

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

It stayed on after switching roms from stock rom to your rom.

Ok, so no luck with cwm for me due to my locked bootloader. I don't think I have a bootloader either. "adb reboot bootloader" just reboots the phone normally so I can't get R/W mode to install graphics drivers. That's why i wanted cwm for now

#39 magikstar29

magikstar29

french

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

you have locked bootloader, T-mobile version doesn't have locked bootloader

so you can't modify anything , and so we can with t-mobile phone

#40 toquer

toquer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

the camera is upside down. Kinda funny. Keyboard issues are workable as long as you don't worry about punctuation too much. I think it might be part of the huawei input method app. Im gonna see if i can force stop that. Mapping is difficult being stuck in landscape mode. the arrow buttons don't work. Modifying this response proves difficult as a result. I'll report more if you like, also, if you make any mods, i'd be glad to test them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users