Photo

AIO Aroma Theme Mod "Missing Link" (update 10/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kiqrox

Kiqrox

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

I have been testing and fine tuning this mod to work smoothly with this phone. I have to say for having the limitation of a locked bootloader, this phone is great. I have found my mod works with odex or deodexed ROMs. If anyone has question or requests let me know. Thanks

This is a port from my 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. My girl recently picked up this phone and always hands it straight over to me to break open the system for modding to her liking. I was surprised when I found that Motorola had taken away Android key feature of being "open source", by which I mean when a locked bootloader we after closed to few options for ROMs and mods. That brings me to the reason for porting my mod to this device, bring life to DROID RAZR HD!!! This is just a starter/teaser version and the beginning to what I hope will grow to be very useful and fun to use. Now to what you get ;

To find updates and download links go to my XDA link here 

. You can find current changelogs and I now have previews setup to check some of the options. I have been using and testing this mod for several months now and it works perfectly! 

Changelog;
v1.4
*fixed Signalbar sizing and location
*added WiFi Connection signal options
*added Volume Slider options
*added more Spinner options
*removed nonfunctional options 
v1.2
*Aroma Installer options to pick and choose what mods and items you want to theme
*Signalbars
*Progress Spinners
*Wi-Fi Bars
*Android Backgrounds
*Themed Frameworks
*Transparency Mods
*Screen Transition Animation
And more I can't remember with more to come. 
Works with Locked or unlocked bootloaders 
*****INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS*****
Download and check md5 matches
Flash from recovery 
Pick what you want in the Aroma Installer 
Let the mod work is magic and enjoy

• knwlsh likes this

#2 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

What exactly does this do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#3 Kiqrox

Kiqrox

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

What exactly does this do?

This is a theme mod. Flash in recovery and the aroma installer walks you through a set of options foe things you want to theme, such as signal bars color of framework etc. I have tested it fully on stock odex and deodex rom with locked bootloader using safe strap in install. I will be adding more options soon

#4 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

Interesting! Does it only work on a fresh install? AOSP and Blur are both supported?

#5 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

I tried it out on stock. All seems to work except the signal bars don't stick when change them. They revert back to stock. Need to ad transparency option to change the notification drop down background and few more options for the system background be nice too. All in all its pretty good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

#6 Kiqrox

Kiqrox

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

I put my link to XDA in the OP. Check it out 

#7 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Does this work on 4,4,2 with an unlocked bootloader?

#8 Kiqrox

Kiqrox

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

Does this work on 4,4,2 with an unlocked bootloader?

unfortunately I have a locked bootloader so unable to confirm first hand the results. I have had feedback confirming it does work. the best results are running moto based roms. 

#9 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:buckeyestilidie@yahoo.com

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

unfortunately I have a locked bootloader so unable to confirm first hand the results. I have had feedback confirming it does work. the best results are running moto based roms.

I was told with the carbon rom it won't work. It's got a lot of theme killers installed in it.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#10 Kiqrox

Kiqrox

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:49 AM

I was told with the carbon rom it won't work. It's got a lot of theme killers installed in it.Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

I would have to say partially correct as far as I've tested and gotten feedback from. The mod is basically a huge morph file that only changes on images inside the original apks. So if the images in my mod exist on the rom you will have a change, otherwise you will see nothing. No harm, no foul(usually) I ddon't like to say thing are for sure since I personally haven't tested it. But I can tell you that the status bar mods such as sliders, signal bars and pull down will not show on aosp roms right now.The spinners, system themes, boot logos and animations do work. The best thing I could suggest if you're interested is to make a full nandroid backup from recovery and give it a run! Like I said, most likely either you see a change or you don't. I have very rarely heard of the worst case scenario "the bootloop". I would love to hear the results if you do decide to flash it. I and future users will gain from the feedback. Thank you for your interest either eay

#11 pegs520

pegs520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Twitter:pegs520
  • Locationutica
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

I only wanted this for the boot animation and the battery.

It doesn't change the battery icon. No big deal there.

The boot animation is perfect, thought. I run this every time I flash a ROM. I love seeing the moto x boot animation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users