• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Usually I hesitate to be first in line to buy a new device, give the Dev's some time to discover things. Picked mine up on Friday and Bamm Root was Found today by XDA Dev DesignGears just look for Root de la Vega, easy process to do. Thought I'd mention it here for any of you folks interested! 

• SamuriHL likes this

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#2 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Speaking of which, I think Sammy is releasing a Developer Version, I wonder If we will have Bootloader Unlocked before then... Who knows may be the Dev Edition just includes Kit-Kat.... 

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#3 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

I've been seriously looking at the Note 3 myself. I just don't want to lose my unlimited data. I even looked into the Verizon Edge program but I would be restricted to 6 GB a month. If you don't open a contract how can they do that. It sucks. But I will stick with my HD Maxx for right now.

#4 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I've been seriously looking at the Note 3 myself. I just don't want to lose my unlimited data. I even looked into the Verizon Edge program but I would be restricted to 6 GB a month. If you don't open a contract how can they do that. It sucks. But I will stick with my HD Maxx for right now.

You may want to look at the difference between purchasing the phone from your local Vzw Retailer than the Best Buy Samsung Kisosk. There is a difference in the way the phone is activated, which Best Buy in many ways is much more like purchasing an Unlocked phone that really is not Unlocked as Verizon does not sell Unlocked devices. WARNING the Retail price is, HOWEVER a FULL $100 more than Verizon's and everyone else's which makes absolutely no sense at all.  :o

#5 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

If you have a family plan there is a way to use Verizon edge to get new phone. You can use a line that doesn't have unlimited data and eligible for upgrade and use that for edge then switch phones.

I added a line and activated a dumb phone I already had for my son. Went to Verizon and used edge program to get an HTC one (for wife) and after it was activated switched wifes old phone with the one and reactivated dumb phone for sons line. I only had to pay taxes +first payment which was around $72.

Thats my best option for buying a new phone from Verizon lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#6 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hey wulf I don't have a line available for an upgrade other than my main line and that would cause me to lose unlimited data. I just don't really have $742 to buy the Note 3 outright. But I've used the trick you're talking about a few times already. Thanks though for the suggestion.

#7 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hey wulf I don't have a line available for an upgrade other than my main line and that would cause me to lose unlimited data. I just don't really have $742 to buy the Note 3 outright. But I've used the trick you're talking about a few times already. Thanks though for the suggestion.

Good luck.

I plan to pay off balance in a few months and keep the phone and then do the same thing to get another phone. If I have to pay full price might as well get the most of it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users