• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#41 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

Can you write steps to flash your rom tiwhout errors? I flashed it over 4.1.2 stock in cwm and i have random reboots, gsm dont work.

• Rob626 likes this

#42 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M, Nook HD+

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

I've read about mounting System before wiping and flashing.
I also had problems with 10/21 Stable.
Flashed 10/23 Nightly and it seems to work better.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#43 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

Can you write steps to flash your rom tiwhout errors? I flashed it over 4.1.2 stock in cwm and i have random reboots, gsm dont work.

First off, install the latest TWRP, it works a lot better with 4.3.

This is how I do installs of fresh ROMs.  Proceed at your own risk, myself, OSE, and Droidzr.com are not responsible for what happens to your device.

- FDR or the main wipe option when you go into the "wipe" menu in TWRP

- Go back to main menu, Mount-->System

- Go back to main menu, Wipe-->Advanced Options-->Cache, Dalvik, System, Data

- If I'm installing a brand new ROM, I also Format Data in the "wipe" menu

- Go to main menu-->Install and choose the ROM and GAPPs .zip, I also flash any mods or tweaks and SuperSU at this time

- After ROM completes install, wipe cache/dalvik again and reboot.  First boot will take a while but you will be good after that.

This is what works best for me.  I had issues before I started mounting system prior to wiping data/system.  Now that I mount system, I have no issues on my M or HD.

• Rob626 likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#44 onimbus64

onimbus64

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

i knf us ow this probably a dumb question but do you need a unlocked boottloader for this rom there is some of us that got our razrs after the update are we just out of luck

#45 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

i knf us ow this probably a dumb question but do you need a unlocked boottloader for this rom there is some of us that got our razrs after the update are we just out of luck

Yes, you need an unlocked BL.

• timpohladthomas likes this

#46 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

This is how I do installs of fresh ROMs.  Proceed at your own risk, myself, OSE, and Droidzr.com are not responsible for what happens to your device.

- Go to main menu-->Install and choose the ROM and GAPPs .zip, I also flash any mods or tweaks and SuperSU at this time

- After ROM completes install, wipe cache/dalvik again and reboot.  First boot will take a while but you will be good after that.

This is what works best for me.  I had issues before I started mounting system prior to wiping data/system.  Now that I mount system, I have no issues on my M or HD.

Its better, big thanks for reply, but random reboots continue... when i restore apps in Nandroid Manager, when flashligt use. I returned to debloated stock.

#47 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

I spoke to soon.

Weird errors this morning.

Screen seemed to keep going to expanded mode. I lost my status bar and navigation buttons on the bottom.

Kept going into Google Now.

Went back to Dirty Unicorn. Still haven't haven't figured out my DD.

I'm going to download 10/29 Nightly OSE, restore my 10/23 and then dirty flash 10/29 nightly and see if that helps.

I know dirty flashing introduces its own issues, but I'm trying to save time now to trouble shoot, then I'll start from a clean wipe later.

But,

On OSE, can I use regular GAPPS instead of OSE GAPPS? I prefer the lighter theme over the dark contacts, calendar widget and neon keyboard .

Also, on the lock screen, entering your pin without hitting enter, is that a stock JB feature, or does each dev have to add that to their rom manually? I can't seem to find it on OSE.

Anyone know offhand if that's an exposed module I can add?

Other thant that, I really like the features of OSE. Seem to have a slightlyl better wifi signal too.

#48 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

---

You're using TWRP 2.5 or 2.6.3? Neither is official, correct?

I'm currently on 2.5.

You flash the ROM and GAPPS at the same time, or flas the rom, then choose your GAPPS, then boot for the first time?

Most roms currenlty seem to be coming out with supersu. Anything you like about Super SU over supersu?

This is the third device I've rooted. That supersu vs Super SU debate seems to be like the Tastes Great / Less Filling debate....

#49 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Its better, big thanks for reply, but random reboots continue... when i restore apps in Nandroid Manager, when flashligt use. I returned to debloated stock.

Random reboots might be caused by the apps you're restoring.  Not very many people have had success restoring app data on 4.3 ROMs.  Also, I'm running the 10/21 build.  You might want to try a different build and see what happens. 

I spoke to soon.

Weird errors this morning.

Screen seemed to keep going to expanded mode. I lost my status bar and navigation buttons on the bottom.

Kept going into Google Now.

Went back to Dirty Unicorn. Still haven't haven't figured out my DD.

I'm going to download 10/29 Nightly OSE, restore my 10/23 and then dirty flash 10/29 nightly and see if that helps.

I know dirty flashing introduces its own issues, but I'm trying to save time now to trouble shoot, then I'll start from a clean wipe later.

But,

On OSE, can I use regular GAPPS instead of OSE GAPPS? I prefer the lighter theme over the dark contacts, calendar widget and neon keyboard .

Also, on the lock screen, entering your pin without hitting enter, is that a stock JB feature, or does each dev have to add that to their rom manually? I can't seem to find it on OSE.

Anyone know offhand if that's an exposed module I can add?

Other thant that, I really like the features of OSE. Seem to have a slightlyl better wifi signal too.

You should be able to use normal GAPPs and I usually flash them at the same time as the ROM.  I can't really say what's causing your issues.  If I haven't had them, then I don't think I'm qualified to comment on how to fix them.  I just thought I would share my install procedures since I've had no issues. 

---

You're using TWRP 2.5 or 2.6.3? Neither is official, correct?

I'm currently on 2.5.

You flash the ROM and GAPPS at the same time, or flas the rom, then choose your GAPPS, then boot for the first time?

Most roms currenlty seem to be coming out with supersu. Anything you like about Super SU over supersu?

This is the third device I've rooted. That supersu vs Super SU debate seems to be like the Tastes Great / Less Filling debate....

I am using TWRP 2.6.3.0.  No it's not "official" but six or one-half dozen the other.  I don't care if it's official, as long as it works.  Unofficial just means it was developed by someone that doesn't develop for TWRP.  IMHO official doesn't really make a difference.  As for SU, I'm using SuperSU.  Not sure if there's any plus/minus to it.  I just use it because it was what I first used on my first rooting adventures.  However, it does seem that they keep up with development updates a little bit better. 

• Rob626 likes this

#50 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

RikRong.

Thanks.

I'm still learning my way around the RazrM.

I'm not new to flashing, but each device or series has it's own nuances.

At this point, for the Thunderbolt, 4EXT was the only recovery and there was only 1 dev left.

So many new options for the Razr :-)

Just flashed OSE 10/29 Nightly and so far, so good.

Flashed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and so far, so good.

• neckchop and RikRong like this

#51 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Google+:blindside7x@gmail.com
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I am rooted with 98.16.3, but is there a recovery i can use with the version i have? I could not find anything in the threads, but i want to run this Rom. Can someone help me? Is there a safestrap?

Ethan82691

#52 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

RikRong.

Thanks.

I'm still learning my way around the RazrM.

I'm not new to flashing, but each device or series has it's own nuances.

At this point, for the Thunderbolt, 4EXT was the only recovery and there was only 1 dev left.

So many new options for the Razr :-)

Just flashed OSE 10/29 Nightly and so far, so good.

Flashed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and so far, so good.

You're welcome. How's everything running so far?

• Rob626 likes this

#53 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

I am rooted with 98.16.3, but is there a recovery i can use with the version i have? I could not find anything in the threads, but i want to run this Rom. Can someone help me? Is there a safestrap?

You can't unlock the bootloader on .3, so you won't be able to install a custom recovery.  However, you can install SafeStrap and try to run some of the SS compatible ROMs. 

#54 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

New builds are here! and man do they feel fast with the new VANIR and GUMMY optimization commits I have added!

• jamminjon82, RikRong, romma1 and 1 other like this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#55 Ethan82691

Ethan82691

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Google+:blindside7x@gmail.com
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

You can't unlock the bootloader on .3, so you won't be able to install a custom recovery. However, you can install SafeStrap and try to run some of the SS compatible ROMs.

Okay that makes sense, Thank you . Where can I download the latest safe strap? Which roms are compatible?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ethan82691

#56 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

You're welcome. How's everything running so far?

Much smoother. More stable today. No FCs or reboots, but I do get the com.android.phone error occasionally. I've seen in a few other threads though that this may be a CM10.2 issue.
I turned off all of the animations in Dev Options. They stuttered a lot.

I may start tweaking clock speeds, governors, etc.

• timpohladthomas and RikRong like this

#57 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Mounted System

Dirty flashed 10/30 nightly

Mounted System

Wiped Dalvik

Reboot

Enjoy.

Haven't done much yet, but been streaming Pandora for the last 45 min or so, read some email and sms and all good :-)

Haven't messed with transitions or speeds/govs yet.

#58 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

Mounted System
Dirty flashed 10/30 nightly
Mounted System
Wiped Dalvik
Reboot
Enjoy.
Haven't done much yet, but been streaming Pandora for the last 45 min or so, read some email and sms and all good :-)

Haven't messed with transitions or speeds/govs yet.

To each their own but I never mount system.

When dirty flashing I wipe cache and dalvik, flash, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#59 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

On today nightly when change Network mode then error and cant return back to old settings.

#60 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Not sure what's up but this is eating through my battery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users