27 replies to this topic

#21 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Just heard on another forum pwnmymoto2 is coming tomorrow. Not sure of the reliability, but I'm hopeful.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#22 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

Just heard from another source. Moto X root possible tomorrow!!

#23 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

Or any android for that matter. My first droid phone was the droid X. My second was the RAZR M rooted both and flashed Roms like a crack flasher would. When it was time for a new phone I went with the moto x. Partly because of the touch less control and assist and partly because it was rootable. I rooted almost immediately, and even though I didn't have safe strap and there weren't many Roms available I still took comfort in knowing I was rooted. When I was turned on to xposed framework I started customizing as only an addicted could. And never had to see annoying ads on my apps as they were blocked. Then, along came the update. As I strive for electronic excellence, I thought " how can I go wrong?" Downloaded and installed the update. Now I know. No more root for this guy. Now I find myself searching the Google machine and forums trying to fond away to root, all the while knowing it can't be done. But, if by chance, by the grace of the root gods, there is a way, I will be one of the first to root again.

Its a day late & dollar short now but next OTA take a look around on how ot keep root when taking an OTA. Personally i own a Dev edition X so i wont have the problem dow nthe road. However its brand new and I've been to lazy to unlock it yet as i want ot make sure the hardware is goog before voiding my warranty. Anywhoo make a long story short I took the OTA and still kept root withotu issue. Took a little work obviosuly but nothign to major and if I recall correctly there is actually 3 different ways to do it. I took the long route as it cuts down on issue for ppl who wanted to use SafeStrap and stuff liek that.

On the plus side at least Jcase put out a new option for gaining root after the OTA was pushed

• lowvolt likes this

#24 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

Its a day late & dollar short now but next OTA take a look around on how ot keep root when taking an OTA. Personally i own a Dev edition X so i wont have the problem dow nthe road. However its brand new and I've been to lazy to unlock it yet as i want ot make sure the hardware is goog before voiding my warranty. Anywhoo make a long story short I took the OTA and still kept root withotu issue. Took a little work obviosuly but nothign to major and if I recall correctly there is actually 3 different ways to do it. I took the long route as it cuts down on issue for ppl who wanted to use SafeStrap and stuff liek that.

On the plus side at least Jcase put out a new option for gaining root after the OTA was pushed

I indeed will wait. As much as I want 4.4, I want root more.

#25 Guest_Dalvik_Cache_*

Guest_Dalvik_Cache_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Just in case anyone that might stumble upon this cares... There is now a root process for the Moto X that works all the way through 4.4.2. 

#26 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

Just in case anyone that might stumble upon this cares... There is now a root process for the Moto X that works all the way through 4.4.2.

Something other than SlapMyMoto?

Sent from my Xoom using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

#27 Guest_Dalvik_Cache_*

Guest_Dalvik_Cache_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

Something other than SlapMyMoto?

Nope use SlapMyMoto then ota through 4.4.2.

#28 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Chatroom Tech Support

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Google+:mikebuck69@gmail.com
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, HTC One M8, Nexus 10

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

Nope use SlapMyMoto then ota through 4.4.2.

Yeah, that is fairly well known. Write protection gets enabled again however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users