• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 tomv5314

tomv5314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMass.
  • Current Device(s):One Plus 7Pro 8GB Ram - 256 GB Rom - Pixel 2 XL- 128GB - Nexus 6P- 128GB - LG G3- LG-G2 -Razor Maxx HD unlocked- Bionic- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3--SM-T820

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

I want to thank Memnoch for that article too.  It helped me with a few things bugging me and some other things I did not know I could change.  Helped me to finish off the look of my phone ...Still work  in progress lol.....see attached---- Malladus 1.2.0 Rom...     first 3 pics are with smaller nav button mod --med on screen buttons .. Malladus has med on screen buttons as part of Rom..     last with the tiny buttons.  I want as much real estate on phone but I think the tiny might be too small.   Medium seems about right but I may try tiny  tomorrow . I think. maybe they might work .  sorta getting used to them...lol...  Definitely gives you  almost all screen

Attached Files

• Memnoch73 likes this

One Plus 7 Pro --  8 GB Ram - 256 GB Rom

#22 quinejh

quinejh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

Quick question? I have clockwork installed and have a Rom sitting on my sd but I am apprehensive due to bricking! Can someone tell me when I boot into recovery and wipe seeing how there is only one internal ad card how foes it not wipe all the files including the rooms you are about to flash?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

#23 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Quick question? I have clockwork installed and have a Rom sitting on my sd but I am apprehensive due to bricking! Can someone tell me when I boot into recovery and wipe seeing how there is only one internal ad card how foes it not wipe all the files including the rooms you are about to flash?

I use TWRP. It's what safestrap was based on, and is touch. I haven't used CWM since my fascinate, so I can't help you there. If you want to use TWRP, then after installing it you need to go into settings and check the option to use rm -f instead of format. Format takes FOREVER! The other option finishes in less than 5 seconds. Make sure to go to advanced wipe, wipe data, system, cache, and dalvick cache. Then flash the rom and any gapps that might be required. Malladus required flashing lgapps as well as the gapps, iirc. Hope this helps.

Edit: Also, in the advanced wipe section there is internal storage as an option. As long as it isn't checked you won't wipe the sdcard contents  B)

• tomv5314 likes this

#24 quinejh

quinejh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

So that is my question does this phone have a ad card? I am under the impression it has only one internal memory and that is my fear I will wipe the entire phone. Thanks for responding

#25 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

On the one hand Halloween was awesome. It was my son's first real go up to a house Halloween. After a brief set back as we were about to set out I had a fun time watching him and our friends kids. On the other hand: yzegy8y8.jpg At least the replacement came fast, was new, and doesn't have the little edit: mark on the lens that always bothered me. I had paid discounted retail so the 99 was better than being out the phone. Plus I got another charger! 😒 This fell about 24" onto some sharp driveway edit: stones. I think it kinda had a little force behind it. A friend's kid, who is faster than I, took the phone to show his sister the pic I just took of them. It was like a kick in the beep beeps. Sent from my edit: New and Improved VS980 4G using Tapatalk

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#26 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

So that is my question does this phone have a ad card? I am under the impression it has only one internal memory and that is my fear I will wipe the entire phone. Thanks for responding

Yes, it will wipe the entire phone. That's my understanding from others posts.

I'd get Box or something like that (I think there is a special right now for lg g2) and save your twrp backups and titanium/app backups there or a PC/Laptop...

#27 quinejh

quinejh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

can someone answer a question I have had for a week now and I can't find an answer anywhere in any of the forums. I have my rooted lg with clockwork recovery installed but if I can ask how did everyone flash their roms? I am probably over rationalizing but it seems to me if I make a backup, download malladus  and put it on my internal memory then boot into clockwork and wipe system and then format  then didn't I just delete my backup and the rom that I was just about to flash? leaving me with no system to boot to and nothing on my card to flash? I suppose what has made me leary is when I fist got my lg 2 weeks ago I rooted and then installed team win recovery and it wiped my entire phone and now its a paperweight and I bought another and don't want the same thing to happen!  thanks for the help

#28 quinejh

quinejh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

I just saw the post by vicious I was under the impression that the Verizon g2 has no memory card see that's my fear but are u saying that there is an internal memory card separate from the system partition?

#29 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

I just saw the post by vicious I was under the impression that the Verizon g2 has no memory card see that's my fear but are u saying that there is an internal memory card separate from the system partition?

It has internal storage only. No sdcard slot. As far as flashing, I haven't used cwm in some time, since hashcode came out with the twrp version of safe strap. I used twrp to flash the roms I have tried.

#30 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Ahh, makes sense. Safestrap definitely makes partitions and so when you "wipe data" in a ROM slot you're only wiping that slot/partition.

I haven't used any other recovery for two years either so I was perplexed as to answer. But I have heard guys accidentally wiping everything on devices that only have internal storage but am not clear on the details how that happened.

Safestrap for the win!

#31 tomv5314

tomv5314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMass.
  • Current Device(s):One Plus 7Pro 8GB Ram - 256 GB Rom - Pixel 2 XL- 128GB - Nexus 6P- 128GB - LG G3- LG-G2 -Razor Maxx HD unlocked- Bionic- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3--SM-T820

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

I use TWRP. It's what safestrap was based on, and is touch. I haven't used CWM since my fascinate, so I can't help you there. If you want to use TWRP, then after installing it you need to go into settings and check the option to use rm -f instead of format. Format takes FOREVER! The other option finishes in less than 5 seconds. Make sure to go to advanced wipe, wipe data, system, cache, and dalvick cache. Then flash the rom and any gapps that might be required. Malladus required flashing lgapps as well as the gapps, iirc. Hope this helps.

Edit: Also, in the advanced wipe section there is internal storage as an option. As long as it isn't checked you won't wipe the sdcard contents  B)

Yes, it will wipe the entire phone. That's my understanding from others posts.

I'd get Box or something like that (I think there is a special right now for lg g2) and save your twrp backups and titanium/app backups there or a PC/Laptop...

It has internal storage only. No sdcard slot. As far as flashing, I haven't used cwm in some time, since hashcode came out with the twrp version of safe strap. I used twrp to flash the roms I have tried.

As vicious said in TWRP factory reset only wipes data cache dalvik. or advanced just check data  dalvik.  and cache. not internal this keeps pic backups etc intact... . this is good for going rom to rom... If going back to fresh out of box stock this wipes everything. I learned this the hard way also.  lol    I also use dropbox but My main backups are on a Meenova micro sd card reader with my 64gb sd card in it. I put backups, pic and whatever on it. It goes right into usb port.  I also transferred my backups important stuff and my pics to my computer with it last night.   I find this to be a very useful device. Also if you want to store movies or music for long trips you are all set. Kaos turned me on to it .  $15.00 shipped.  Great little tool .

• marleyinoc likes this

#32 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thank you. I'm afraid to root G2 after my drop :) so not clear on options on twrp.

Guess I could check my Bionic but the kid keeps it ran down by the time I get home, lol.

The meenova's sound priceless, really. Having followed you and Kaos' discourse I've mentioned them to others but haven't gotten one yet.

• tomv5314 likes this

#33 tomv5314

tomv5314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMass.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

It is great    Small and you can keep it on your key ring if you choose

#34 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Keep in mind that there are 5 of them that I am giving away in the N5 giveaway if you are entered. .....

Sent From My DEV X

• marleyinoc and tomv5314 like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#35 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

BTW, CMH is the one that made the initial post on it.

Sent From My DEV X

• tomv5314 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#36 tomv5314

tomv5314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMass.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

BTW, CMH is the one that made the initial post on it.

Sent From My DEV X

Then I send my thanks to CMH for bringing this to our attention

• marleyinoc and livinginkaos like this

#37 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Finally joined the club today, coming from the razr & I am impressed.

• tomv5314 likes this

#38 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

It's a very nice phone. I'm still stock. Not really anxious for or needing of anything else...

I'm sure I'll want to push this thing to its limits eventually. Being able to is definitely a bonus!

#39 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Finally joined the club today, coming from the razr & I am impressed.

Welcome to the club. You'll quickly see how amazing this phone is. I'm still finding new things this phone can do weeks later!

It's a very nice phone. I'm still stock. Not really anxious for or needing of anything else...

I'm sure I'll want to push this thing to its limits eventually. Being able to is definitely a bonus!

I like the stock UI. That's why I keep going back to Malladus. The batter life on this rom is ridiculous. It is essentially the stock rom with some tweaks. Rooting was easy with IOroot, and TWRP installed easily. If you do screw up, then going back to stock isn't so bad.

• marleyinoc and tomv5314 like this

#40 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

I've had it for 24hrs now & haven't felt the need to root it yet, which is really saying something for me 😁

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users