#1 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

verizon_droid_lineup_20131.jpg

Owners of any of the new Droid lineup got some good news today straight from Punit Soni himself. In a conversation on Google+, he was asked if the new Droid lineup would be skipping 4.3 and going directly to 4.4 in which he responded with "We are moving directly to 4.4. I dont like to discuss timing. It puts a lot of stress on the team, and there is always a chance we find something which delays us a bit. Rest assured, we are on it. You have seen the speed with which we are moving as a Google company, that shall continue."

ga9eqy8e.jpg

This is some amazing news for us. I have been following Punit Soni since he started and this man has always been in contact with the community and has continued this trend. He throws us a bone and from what I can see, has yet to really disappoint. Its not very often that you see someone in his position chat with the general public as much as he does so this is a breath of fresh air. Follow him on Google+ for the latest updates.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Source:

EDIT/WARNING: IN DISCUSSING THIS WITH OTHER STAFF, WE DECIDED THAT IT WAS IMPORTANT TO INFORM EVERYONE THAT IN THE UP AND COMING OTA, THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT YOU WILL LOSE ROOT. IF YOU WISH TO MAINTAIN ROOT AND CONTINUE DOING THE THINGS YOU LOVE, ACCEPTING THE OTA IS NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO DO. OLD METHODS USED TO MAINTAIN ROOT WHILE TAKING A UPDATE MAY/WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT TO MAINTAIN ROOT, WAIT FOR THE RELEASE OF YOUR BUILD/ROM FROM YOUR FAVORITE DEVELOPER INSTEAD OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY SOAK OR TAKING ANY OTA. 

• Memnoch73, satman80, rickw and 1 other like this

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#2 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Nice. I hope it makes its way to the LG G2 sooner rather than later.

#3 tommyz

tommyz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'm hoping it makes it to the Razr HD Maxx (XT926)

Otherwise, I may have to give a custom ROM a try.

#4 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

It would be a injustice for them to skip Razr Maxx HD. That device is such a great phone and should still receive these next few updates. I could be wrong though, this is Motorola that we are talking about.  

#5 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have a theory on the HD, but it is just that.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#6 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Well I would like to hear this theory lol

Sent from my Droid MAXX

#7 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! I doubt they will skip the HD, Best phone EVER!, yes the new Maxx is fast and ok, however, it lacks SD Card, and it doesn't seem as tough and rough as the HD Maxx, but good luck getting the HD Maxx from VZW, as soon as the new Maxx, / Ultra came out they trashed a good phone... oh well.. Yes you can Root the new Maxx and or disable 20+ bloatware nonsense, however, it really is a nice phone, the camera is awesome, so isn't the speed, etc.... I would still buy the new Maxx over the S4, yes the S4 is awesome, but the Maxx hands down with latest OS on the Maxx will spank the S4 even on the current Jelly... :) ;)

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#8 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

I have a theory on the HD, but it is just that.

Please do tell :lol:

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#9 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

Theory is moto had a hard fast update schedule when Dan posted the bootloader exploit. 4.2 was in testing but very early stages (this we knew atvthe time) . They were forced to close the hole on the exploit but couldn't package it with 4.2 because it wasn't ready. So, they had to push out 4.2 to stay on track with the other devices. They have been struggling to recover the time to get the HD and M back in line or maybe not even trying. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see another rebate deal for it not getting updated like the jelly bean deal. But this is purely conjecture from me.

Sent from my Dev S4

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#10 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Theory is moto had a hard fast update schedule when Dan posted the bootloader exploit. 4.2 was in testing but very early stages (this we knew atvthe time) . They were forced to close the hole on the exploit but couldn't package it with 4.2 because it wasn't ready. So, they had to push out 4.2 to stay on track with the other devices. They have been struggling to recover the time to get the HD and M back in line or maybe not even trying. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't see another rebate deal for it not getting updated like the jelly bean deal. But this is purely conjecture from me.

Sent from my Dev S4

I saw on Android Central that the HD Dev. Edition was getting 4.4 . Since we have the Unlocked Bootloader cant we just flash that Rom? Its basically the same thing right?

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#11 lowvolt

lowvolt

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Does "Droid" include Moto X

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#12 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

Does "Droid" include Moto X

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is skipping 4.3 as well

• lowvolt likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#13 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

I saw on Android Central that the HD Dev. Edition was getting 4.4 . Since we have the Unlocked Bootloader cant we just flash that Rom? Its basically the same thing right?

Until the update page changes from this, or you hear it from Punit himself (which would likely come hand in hand) the fate of the HD and M are in the air.

6.21KB   55 downloads

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#14 Gytole

Gytole

The Hicks Boson!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationOhiyah!
  • Current Device(s):HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7 FLO

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

i'm so glad I traded that Piece. The Razr Maxx HD was awful...at least for me. I traded it for the Droid Ultra and it is wayyyyy better. Finally I can deal with a Stock rom. the phones actually preddy Tiddies.

I guess the Razr Maxx HD aint bad, but once you flash a rom that has the wrong flashing instructions and your recovery fails because of it, the device becomes a nightmare. It's mount sys, then WIPE sys, then MOUNT SYS AGAIN, THEN install rom. Not mount sys/wipe sys/Flash rom, it will fail, and more than likely cause problems. and until a certain somebody realizes their instructions are WRONG is when people wont have problems...haha

But it wasnt just me, I had two friends bring over their Unlocked HD's that had been dead for a day or so because of the same thing. but oh well, I'm away from the HD now. I just told them to go CM and they havent had a problem since.

But I can't wait to have KitKat on my Ultra...the phones already fantastic, I cant wait for the extra zippyness. Hopefully my girlfriends G2 gets KitterKatter soon also...

Cheers mates!

Gyt-bauss stock wrecker

#15 dskog57

dskog57

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD -Acer A-500- Kindle HD

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I read today that the RAZR HD. Will get the 4.4 update. Kit Kat
  • JJT211 likes this

#16 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

RAZR HD (xt926) WILL get Kit Kat. I'll probably avoid it like the plague since it breaks flash video streaming. That's a deal breaker right there for me.

Here be the truth ->

107.8KB   24 downloads

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#17 altspeed

altspeed

Director of National Stupidity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Twitter:@Pat_Droid
  • Google+:+Patrick Robinson
  • LocationDallas Texas
  • Current Device(s):RIP 8 & 16 GB Bionics, XT912 RAZR Maxx, XT907 RAZR M Current XT 1060 Motomaker Future Nexus 6

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

There's no functional difference between my unlocked M and a legit dev M is there, except for the fact that mine can't be relocked?

"We are the People Verizon warned you about"

8 GB Bionic JB, 16 GB Bionic JB, Bionic Lapdock X2, Razr Maxx XT912 JB, Razr M XT907 JBLX

#18 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Yes- no. Same same Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#19 dskog57

dskog57

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD -Acer A-500- Kindle HD

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

So I am wondering if we have a time frame for the RAZR h.d update to 4.4 yet.

#20 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

So I am wondering if we have a time frame for the RAZR h.d update to 4.4 yet.

Not a word yet...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users