#41 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Google+:kevin.page3
  • LocationCopperas Cove, TX (Fort Hood)

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Bad CHARGER... u need a Moto one to fix this... PC won't even recognize my phone with different cable... only moto one..

Sent from my DROID RAZR

In some cases not so true i dont have any stock cables bc my damn puppy chewed them but i still use my moto charger and after market micro cable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#42 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

You can get a motorola stock charger at vzw or best buy. Try that first cheaper than a repair shop.

Posted Image

#43 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Exactly. The problem is with the charger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

might be but ive tried 3 seperate chargers. looks as verizon doesn't carry these "moto" chargers and i cannot go without my phone while i order something on ebay, thats the problem.

#44 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Vzw store might. Hell i bet their in store support will charge it for you. What mods did u do?

Posted Image

#45 DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBloomington, Illinois

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm pretty sure Verizon sells the Motorola chargers. That is where I got mine. If none of the three chargers you tried were from Motorola you would have the same issue with all.

Posted Image

#46 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Amazon has it for $5 overnight delivery.
Check this out on AMZN:

Motorola Micro-USB Home and Travel Charger

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#47 DCarrollUSMC

DCarrollUSMC

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationBloomington, Illinois

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Amazon has it for $5 overnight delivery.
Check this out on AMZN:

Motorola Micro-USB Home and Travel Charger

I didn't follow the link but at 5 dollars it doesn't get better than that. Seems almost too good to be true.

Posted Image

#48 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

tried the car charger and nothing either. ill let it sit on a charger overnight and see but i think ill just take it in tommorrow. i want to ship it into verizon but with it being rooted i don't want to be charged anything.

#49 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Verizon sells the Motorola chargers. That is where I got mine. If none of the three chargers you tried were from Motorola you would have the same issue with all.

my problem with that is all of those chargers worked before including my verizon car charger and now it doesn't. it's something with the phone. also my wife's fascinate charges on all of them.

#50 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

I didn't follow the link but at 5 dollars it doesn't get better than that. Seems almost too good to be true.

67.12KB   7 downloads
Yup

Posted Image

#51 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Vzw store might. Hell i bet their in store support will charge it for you. What mods did u do?

no mods, just flashed the rom, been working fine for almost a week. no charging issues either.

#52 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

My grandson's Razr did this last night. Plugged it into the wall charger and gave it the 3 finger salute (power, vol up/down,) waited for the screen to flash (about 10 seconds) and the battery animation came up showing 0 percent. Left it on the charger and all was good. I think the system locked up when the battery died and it needed the reset.
By the way, it is not a good idea to let li-ion batteries discharge below 10 percent.

Sent from my Razr using Tapatalk 2

#53 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Anything come on when car charging?

Posted Image

#54 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Anything come on when car charging?

nope dead as a doornail.

#55 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

My grandson's Razr did this last night. Plugged it into the wall charger and gave it the 3 finger salute (power, vol up/down,) waited for the screen to flash (about 10 seconds) and the battery animation came up showing 0 percent. Left it on the charger and all was good. I think the system locked up when the battery died and it needed the reset.
By the way, it is not a good idea to let li-ion batteries discharge below 10 percent.

Sent from my Razr using Tapatalk 2

thanks but i already tried that and i get nothing, can't turn it on at all.

#56 knghts50

knghts50

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

nope dead as a doornail.

my vzw here sells them but they dont online i just bought 2 on amazon bc they are cheep

Posted Image

#57 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

my vzw here sells them but they dont online i just bought 2 on amazon bc they are cheep

thanks for the help guys but i don't see how my phone all of the sudden won't charge unless it's a moto made cable or car chrger. it seems to me i could be looking at a defective battery or bad charging port. ill stop into verizon first and im sure they can try to get it charging with a moto cable, then if not ill go to the cell phone repair center across the street. i really have to have a working phone by tomorrow afternoon even if that means i need to buy something different.

#58 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

thanks for the help guys but i don't see how my phone all of the sudden won't charge unless it's a moto made cable or car chrger. it seems to me i could be looking at a defective battery or bad charging port. ill stop into verizon first and im sure they can try to get it charging with a moto cable, then if not ill go to the cell phone repair center across the street. i really have to have a working phone by tomorrow afternoon even if that means i need to buy something different.

Honestly, that's the only thing to do. Tell them what you were doing (calibrating), phone died, can't turn on, let them charge it to say 10% then say thanks and take it home and see if your WALL chargers work. If they do then don't let your phone die completely again. If not, buy a Factory cable from shop.teamblackhat.com or. Org. One of those.

For future reference only approx 20% of battery is needed to calibrate if you use market calibration apps

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#59 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

after doing reading if it's not hardware related the only way to fix this "battery brick" is to buy that factory cable which is out of stock. i won't crack open the phone so ill just have to see what happenes tomorrow when i take it in. i have a sick feeling ill probably have to sell it to someone who can fix it. i just have to have a working phone tomorrow. sorta regret rooting it now lol or i would of sent it in to verizon for a replacement.

#60 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

after doing reading if it's not hardware related the only way to fix this "battery brick" is to buy that factory cable which is out of stock. i won't crack open the phone so ill just have to see what happenes tomorrow when i take it in. i have a sick feeling ill probably have to sell it to someone who can fix it. i just have to have a working phone tomorrow. sorta regret rooting it now lol or i would of sent it in to verizon for a replacement.

I'd help more if I could but honestly have no idea. Your using a wall charger. Phone charged fine before. On a stock rooted phone. Sounds like a bad battery

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users