Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

/

#22 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Actually, wait, wasn't the FXZ already posted for this?  Yea....you can pull it out of the FXZ:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

that's the old update with the old radio isn't it? _(baseband 100730.160.64.15) maybe i'm missing something but shouldn't my baseband change when i flash a new radio. flashed the non-hlos from the link you gave me and it's the same. i haven't been able to find the 9.30.1 ota file anywhere on google. maybe i'm not understanding something tho.

#23 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

that's the old update with the old radio isn't it? _(baseband 100730.160.64.15) maybe i'm missing something but shouldn't my baseband change when i flash a new radio. flashed the non-hlos from the link you gave me and it's the same. i haven't been able to find the 9.30.1 ota file anywhere on google. maybe i'm not understanding something tho.

No, it's not.  It was just posted yesterday.  It's definitely the new update.  Clear your cache and see if that helps.  Additionally you can try running these two commands in AP Fastboot mode:

fastboot erase modemst1

fastboot erase modemst2

Then reboot and see what your baseband shows as.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#24 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

I've ran into that issue also. I flashed the new radio and when on a stock 4.1.2 base ROM it will show the new radio. Now if I'm on a 4.3 base ROM and even being on this .4.4 ROM it will show the old radio. I've tried clearing the cache and that didn't help. I haven't tried what Sam has just now suggested yet. Will when get the chance.

Sent from my Maxx HD running 4.4 Kit Kat.... thanks to DHacker29

#25 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yea, radio flashing isn't an exact science unfortunately.  I don't know what causes it to work or not.  Just have to mess with it.

#26 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

I've ran into that issue also. I flashed the new radio and when on a stock 4.1.2 base ROM it will show the new radio. Now if I'm on a 4.3 base ROM and even being on this .4.4 ROM it will show the old radio. I've tried clearing the cache and that didn't help. I haven't tried what Sam has just now suggested yet. Will when get the chance.

well at least i know i'm not the only one having this problem. i've tried it three times with no change in baseband. let me know if you gu ys have any other ideas please. and thanks for the help samurihl. by the way what 4.4 rom are you running bionicman?

• BionicMan69 likes this

#27 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'm not sure what else you can try, tbh, to force it to update the baseband.  For some people it just works.  Others, not so much.  I've never figured out why.  I'll see what I can find.

#28 BionicMan69

BionicMan69

Android Scientist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:@BionicMan_69
  • LocationCookeville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, HTC Flyer

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

well at least i know i'm not the only one having this problem. i've tried it three times with no change in baseband. let me know if you gu ys have any other ideas please. and thanks for the help samurihl. by the way what 4.4 rom are you running bionicman?

DHacker29 has AOSP 4.4 Kit Kat I got the link on twitter. I believe someone has it posted in the Razr M section. He has builds for the Razr HD, Maxx HD and the Razr M and a few others.

• themrgoats likes this

#29 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I just got the Update Notification. Im unlocked and rooted, want to keep root, what do i do? just keep denying the update?

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#30 pokeman7452

pokeman7452

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

I just got the Update Notification. Im unlocked and rooted, want to keep root, what do i do? just keep denying the update?

Same here, well the rooted part at least. I'm willing to unlock if that's the only solution. Is there any way to disable the update popups? Last time I survived about 2 weeks before I accedentlly hit the yes button.

#31 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

If you're truly unlocked you know you can always flash root in custom recovery and therefore don't need root exploits.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

#32 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

To stop the notifications either freeze or change the name of updater.apk 

• johnthehillbilly likes this
Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#33 dw14606

dw14606

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Same here, well the rooted part at least. I'm willing to unlock if that's the only solution. Is there any way to disable the update popups? Last time I survived about 2 weeks before I accedentlly hit the yes button.

Use Titanium Backup, then tap the backup/restore button, scroll way down to updater 4.1.2 or whatever then tap it and select freeze. Just remember that you did that in case you need to un freeze it in the future.

#34 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

If you're truly unlocked you know you can always flash root in custom recovery and therefore don't need root exploits.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

No I wasnt aware of that. I am bootloader unlocked So I just flash back to stock recovery, put SU zip on SD card. Install update then reflash TRWP and SU if i lost root. Am i correct or am i missing something?

#35 discgolfdc

discgolfdc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD (XT926M)

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

I am unlocked and rooted, protected root via Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and temp unrooted.  Took OTA update.  I am on the other side of it, still unlocked and, after restoring root via Voodoo, still rooted.

10765480474_7259b2b856.jpg

• jammer likes this

#36 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

No I wasnt aware of that. I am bootloader unlocked So I just flash back to stock recovery, put SU zip on SD card. Install update then reflash TRWP and SU if i lost root. Am i correct or am i missing something?

Uh, no.  Wrong way.  You flash supersu.zip in TWRP, not stock recovery.  And that's all it takes for getting root.  I sideload it in recovery on my phone.  It can be done the same way on an unlocked HD.  I have a universal root script in my House Of Moto sub-forum to do all this.

#37 discgolfdc

discgolfdc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD (XT926M)

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm not certain whether or not this has anything to do with the update, but I've noticed that, despite the fact that I am still rooted, etc., after the OTA update, I had difficulty re-flashing TWRP recovery.  When I would go to do the whole "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" thing, I received an odd error I'd never seen before.  The error stated "<bootloader> Variable not supported!"  The rest of what appeared seemed to indicate that TWRP was successfully written to the recovery partition, but when I would reboot into recovery, there was no recovery available.

I got around this by using a recovery flasher, which pushes the recovery via ADB as opposed to fastboot.

I wonder what the deal is with that.

Does anyone have any idea about that "Variable not supported" error I saw?  I didn't enter any "variables" to speak of, per se.

#38 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,368 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

What fastboot are you using to flash recovery with?  It would appear to be the wrong one.

#39 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

Uh, no.  Wrong way.  You flash supersu.zip in TWRP, not stock recovery.  And that's all it takes for getting root.  I sideload it in recovery on my phone.  It can be done the same way on an unlocked HD.  I have a universal root script in my House Of Moto sub-forum to do all this.

Yeah i meant after the update I reflash TWRP and then supersu.zip in TWRP. ill do this tomorrow. Thanks. Where can i find the Supersu.zip? I had it on my SD card hen the last OTA pushed but i dont seem to have it now.

• SamuriHL likes this

#40 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• mudvayne622 and SamuriHL like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users