3 replies to this topic

#1 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'm considering getting a Galaxy Note3 when my upgrade date comes @ the end of Jan '14, & I'd like to know if there is a method to root it; I don't want to lose all of my root-required apps…

TIA,

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

http://www.droid-lif...ng-your-device/

• SpyderMan likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

thanks, livingikaos,I'll check out the link …

ny roms that wn't cause you to lose all the GN3 coolness?

Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#4 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm considering getting a Galaxy Note3 when my upgrade date comes @ the end of Jan '14, & I'd like to know if there is a method to root it; I don't want to lose all of my root-required apps…

TIA,

The most reliable Root Method is Kingo, see my post here scroll to Step #2 which is 3/4ths of the way down it is on how to install Kingo. Here is the link to the thread in General. With Kingo you need a computer that runs Windows either verison 7/8/8.1, you need a USB cable 2.0 (Official Motorola USB cables work best) Note 3's are issued with USB 3.0 cables which do not work with Kingo. Root process does not wipe, install is about 5 minutes Kingo Root can be Removed and replaced if desired.

On a note, if your looking end of Jan'14 to get a Note 3 you want to consider early Jan as mid Jan is when Kit-Kat OTA is suppose to hit. Kingo was on JB 4.3, it hasn't been proven on KK 4.4 not mention Note3 and S4 are first Sammies to get update, if you buy a Note 3 with 4.4 pre-loaded you might have to wait for Root and Dev on this device while there are DEEP POCKETS there is not a lot going on. 

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users