• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eanes_87

eanes_87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Is it possible? I followed instructions on their site but just ended up frozen during boot, had to restore my stock ROM's backup. Flying Jelly has it, but stock runs better for me, so I keep switching ROMs every day to use it, haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#2 theunbound1

theunbound1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

I tried Acid and every sound app and music player there is for my Droid Razr after the JB update totally ruined any hope of getting good sound quality back on my stock system...they all failed miserably.   

• What you need to do is start with a stock system then gain root.  I used the virtual machine + wifi method on a friends Bionic that worked flawlessly.
  • find the latest Apollo player (great work to CM team) on xda developers and install it.  Probably should enable the album art update over 4g as well in settings.  
  • go into your phone settings and turn off the built in audio effects (they are useless anyway)
  • Then go to vipersaudio.com/blog and get FX version v2.3.1.5 (Android 2.3~4.3)...it downloads as a zip that contains 2 apk files.  
  • i install the larger apk, then the smaller apk (the second file install will warn you that you are about to overwrite a previous app...bla bla bla...just do it).  then start the vipers audio app.
  •  select your menu button and select check for update and download the latest update (this update file will warn you again that you are about to overwrite a previous app...bla bla bla...just do it again so you altogether installed a 4meg apk, then a 2meg apk, then the updated apk from your downloads folder)
  • now when prompted (by exiting the app or by using the menu) install the super quality audio driver.  your phone can handle it :)
  • reboot your phone buddy. 
  • Create shortcuts to Apollo and Vipers audio in a handy screen of your choice. 
  • Start Apollo player. 
  • Start the Viper audio app, then open the menu and change the UI Setting to EXPERT.
  • Go to Big Lots and get the Sentry HM960 Deep Bass headphones to set up your phone with (This is an optional step, but for $10 you get superior headphones...i promise)
  • You can play with the settings till your fingers bleed. 
  • For my car and headphones i change (in headset mode):
  1. ​enable FX (powered on)
  2. Enable the Firequlizer and tweak it a bit....do the wave buddy so +3 on 27hz then ramp down to +1 at 438hz, then ramp up to +4 or 5 at 14khz. 
  3. Enable Viper Bass (not the one in the Dynamic system settings yet), select bass mode of Pure Bass+@50hz with boost of 16.3db
  4. enable Viper Clarity and select XHiFi mode @3.5db.
  5. then tweak all you like...check out the subwoofer bass setting, or if feeling lazy, just play with the dynamic system setting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users