How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#21 DroidJunk

DroidJunk

• Superuser
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSE Texas

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

Been watching this... It may be time to go buy a Razr again!

#22 Superthrust

Superthrust

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:Superthrust
  • Google+:Superthrust

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:23 AM

well i am nnos in love with this website...

#23 pacafrat

pacafrat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

Is it possible to recover back to Stock from putting this file or files on the SDCard? My battery doesn't have enough power to flash it via RSDLite and it will not charge the battery because it is already soft bricked... Thanks!

#24 Burbank

Burbank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:18 AM

Nope. It will not run if you are on low battery, for somewhat obvious reasons.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a low battery, you can (1) get another charged battery from another RAZR user, or (2) buy or build a programming cable wich allows fastboot file installation using USB power.

#25 Burbank

Burbank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIthaca, New York

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

Is it possible to recover back to Stock from putting this file or files on the SDCard? My battery doesn't have enough power to flash it via RSDLite and it will not charge the battery because it is already soft bricked... Thanks!

No. That won't work. If you have a low battery, you can (1) get another charged battery from another RAZR user, or (2) buy or build a programming cable wich allows fastboot file installation using USB power.

#26 branshaw09

branshaw09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:branshaw09

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:20 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a low battery, you can (1) get another charged battery from another RAZR user, or (2) buy or build a programming cable wich allows fastboot file installation using USB power.

Yes you can get the programming cable and get this to work, but Razr has internal battery so no option there! ;o)

#27 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:31 AM

I emailed Team Blackhat last week about the factory cable they make. I keep getting directed to their page but they have been out of stock as long as I've been checking. I have not gotten a reply from Team Blackhat.

#28 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:48 AM

Well , we have been waiting a while for this. Finally after many bricked devices and many Dev's waiting for a saftey net, to put out there Rom's and Mod's. We are saved from ourselves :D

I never use RSD I always like to do it the manual way. IMO is the best way to do it anyway. You will need the following files.

1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>;

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2) Exract the zip to your desktop. There will be a folder called Razr1
3) Open up a command window.
4) To get to that folder type>>>>>>> cd Desktop\Razr1
5) Now plug in your phone and put your phone is AP fastboot mode.
6) To flash the system type>>>>>>>; moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
This will flash your system in a few parts wait for it to compleate.
7) Type>>>>>>>>> moto-fastboot.exe reboot

Now your phone will reboot. You are now unbricked .Jump up and down ,kiss your wife, dog , cat , whatever you want to do. Rejoice, you are back on a stock system. Remember you will have to root your phone again.

*****To flash the webtop package if you have too . Do this before you flash the system img.
1)Type>>>>>>moto-fastboot.exe flash webtop grfs.img (this will flash in a few parts)

If you have any issues please check your Moto drivers:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

**************THIS IS A DROIDRZR EXLUSIVE,DO NOT POST THE FILES DIRECTLY ON ANY OTHER SITE. PLEASE GIVE A LINK BACK TO THIS THREAD FOR DOWNLOAD*****************

but it is ok to repost it on mydroidworld.com? ;)

Thanks!

#29 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

I emailed Team Blackhat last week about the factory cable they make. I keep getting directed to their page but they have been out of stock as long as I've been checking. I have not gotten a reply from Team Blackhat.

I'l contact TBH direct for you and see what the skinny is. I know they had sold out and believe they had more on order but like I said I'll find out and report back.

Edit: Just got word back from them. Check there site later in the day tomorrow. They are on order and should hopefully be back in stock tomorrow when UPS shows up. They were shipped its just a matter of when they arrive on there end

#30 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:49 AM

will this work in linux?

Yes, but you need to have the fastboot binary for linux, you just dont need the drivers - fastboot flash system system.img

#31 rinzes

rinzes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Yes, but you need to have the fastboot binary for linux, you just dont need the drivers - fastboot flash system system.img

and were pray tell do we find it (fastboot binary for linux)?

#32 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

I will get hold of P3Droid and see how when they will need available. Now with a dead and soft bricked battery. YOU CAN LEAVE IT ON THE CHARGER FROM THE OUTLET AND IT WILL CHARGE. Droid TH3ORY can vouch for this. It will take hours to get enough juice to flash the system. Img, so just let it sit for a good 12 hours and try.

#33 russelltlm

russelltlm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

Phone wasn't bricked, but I wanted to take it back to stock to get the update. It worked! Thanks a million!!!

#34 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

I will get hold of P3Droid and see how when they will need available. Now with a dead and soft bricked battery. YOU CAN LEAVE IT ON THE CHARGER FROM THE OUTLET AND IT WILL CHARGE. Droid TH3ORY can vouch for this. It will take hours to get enough juice to flash the system. Img, so just let it sit for a good 12 hours and try.

I already did bud and posted above. they should be in tomorrow if UPS get them delivered on time.

#35 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

OK thanks DirtyDroid! I will put it on the charger when I get home!
Thanks Aiexel if it doesn't want to charge after a while for some reason I'll check back on TBH tonorrow.

#36 branshaw09

branshaw09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:branshaw09

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

This is awesome. Any word on something of this sort for a mac? I had it with my bionic and it made fastboot a flash! HAHA! Thanks to the great dev community

#37 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

Just to be clear, when trying to charge it for an extended amount of time while it is soft bricked, should the phone sit at the boot screen with the Motorola logo or should it be in the basic recovery menu for it to charge? Thanks again.

#38 lownslow200sx

lownslow200sx

OSE-DEV/THEMER

• Developer
  • 355 posts
  • Google+:Lownslow200sx
  • LocationRocky Mount, NC
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, OG Razor, Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

Will this wipe all data and apps, I know yesterday when the original files where dropped on us the first person to report back said after flashing that all his apps where still there.

JXGM6Ej.png

#39 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

This is awesome. Any word on something of this sort for a mac? I had it with my bionic and it made fastboot a flash! HAHA! Thanks to the great dev community

That is being worked on :)

#40 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

I already did bud and posted above. they should be in tomorrow if UPS get them delivered on time.

Lol I can double confirm this. *****If you 100% WANT ONE PM ME **** P3 is going to set aside as many as we need. Only pm me if you are serious, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users