How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

Will this wipe all data and apps, I know yesterday when the original files where dropped on us the first person to report back said after flashing that all his apps where still there.

If using rsd light it sometimes will not wipe some data "example " your apps but you will have corrupt data anyway. Your phone will not run right, thus is why a data reset is recommended after using RSD. So either way, you are going to start from scratch.

#42 pacafrat

pacafrat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

Just to be clear, when trying to charge it for an extended amount of time while it is soft bricked, should the phone sit at the boot screen with the Motorola logo or should it be in the basic recovery menu for it to charge? Thanks again.

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out as well... I'm currently attempting to charge from the "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)" screen... Tried for several hours from the "Motorola Logo" screen previously and that didn't seem to be working...

#43 curse3800

curse3800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

Works great, Used it to restore to stock so i can install the new Motorola .748 update. Great Guide! Thanks Alot!!

#44 blkghost

blkghost

Bignadad Beta Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Twitter:@blkghost22
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

do i need sdk on my computer???? i just tried it and it just stayed at < waiting for device > and nothing else happened.

#45 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out as well... I'm currently attempting to charge from the "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)" screen... Tried for several hours from the "Motorola Logo" screen previously and that didn't seem to be working...

Let me know how that works for you. Mines been on the boot screen for about 3 hours. I was gonna try it around 11pm EST.

#46 omster

omster

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

This is awesome!... have a noob question though, how do you do this if it's bricked? "put your phone is AP fastboot mode"

#47 branshaw09

branshaw09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:branshaw09

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

That is being worked on :)

Money! Let me know if you need someone to test it out!

#48 zero

zero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Just tried to boot into ap fastboot after 6 hours of charging on M logo boot screen. I am going to let it charge overnight in ap fastboot to see if that will work, but I doubt it. Looks like I'm gonna get a factory cable...

Edit: Does the LED notifier illuminating white mean its charging, when the phone is plugged into the PC through USB?

#49 AJMetal87

AJMetal87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:ajmetal87
  • Google+:ajmetal87

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#50 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

do i need sdk on my computer???? i just tried it and it just stayed at < waiting for device > and nothing else happened.

Just tried to boot into ap fastboot after 6 hours of charging on M logo boot screen. I am going to let it charge overnight in ap fastboot to see if that will work, but I doubt it. Looks like I'm gonna get a factory cable...

Edit: Does the LED notifier illuminating white mean its charging, when the phone is plugged into the PC through USB?

normally yes
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#51 Tmc363

Tmc363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Twitter:@tmc363
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

This is awesome!... have a noob question though, how do you do this if it's bricked? "put your phone is AP fastboot mode"

hold power and volume down rocker at same time let go of power and it should be in ap fastboot mode
Posted Image

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here: http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

#52 pacafrat

pacafrat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

Well, I've tried charging the battery in "AP Fastboot" mode, in the Moto "Boot Logo" mode and with the phone off and none seems to be actually charging the phone. Sure would like to hear from DroidTh30ry on how he charged his phone in bricked mode enough to flash it to stock without the TBH factory cable... Please explain... ;)

#53 frankyvee

frankyvee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:07 AM

Well, I've tried charging the battery in "AP Fastboot" mode, in the Moto "Boot Logo" mode and with the phone off and none seems to be actually charging the phone. Sure would like to hear from DroidTh30ry on how he charged his phone in bricked mode enough to flash it to stock without the TBH factory cable... Please explain...

You need a special cable called "Motorola Programming cable" or google search on how to create your own if you have soldering skills.

#54 Emanm

Emanm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

Wow!! After doing this my Razr is back to .744 unrooted with all my apps still there except for superuser which is great if I wanted to take it in to Verizon for warranty and I don't have to do a reset! Thanx to everyone involved you all ROCK!!!

#55 skunkmilk

skunkmilk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

I don't have anything that runs windows ivv tried this in linux no clue can anyone help?

#56 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

Just to be clear on this the phone needs to be compleatly off!!!!" And plugged into the factory plug and cable. When you are in AP fast boot mode just tap power. The phone will then power off. When you plug it in Ap fast boot might pop up again. Hit the power button again.

#57 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

You need a special cable called "Motorola Programming cable" or google search on how to create your own if you have soldering skills.

like i said before the phone will charge if you have it compleatlly turned off!!!!!!!!!! it takes a long time to charge but it does work. To answer all other questions YES it needs to be in AP fastboot and if you are planning on modding and hacking your phone the first thnig you should do is SET UP ADB :) @bignadad wrote up a article to do this i will post back with a link. Also i will provide a link that is good for setting up ADB also.

#58 drawde

drawde

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:06 AM

hold power and volume down rocker at same time let go of power and it should be in ap fastboot mode

Might be helpful to edit the instructions with this information so we don't have to read all of the posts to see how you put the phone in ap fastboot mode for us newbees.

#59 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

Might be helpful to edit the instructions with this information so we don't have to read all of the posts to see how you put the phone in ap fastboot mode for us newbees.

I am working on that also lol. My list seems to be a bit large at the moment. There is a detailed web page from moto that describes and shows with pictures how to do all thease basic actions. i will post it soon. When in AP fastboot mode just hit power it will then turn the phone off . the phone has to be off for it to slooooowly charge lol.

#60 DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer

• Developer
  • 648 posts
  • Twitter:@droidth3ory
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

The only way to get the charge to work is with the phone completely off. Dead..... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users