• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Long story short, I tried rooting and did something horribly wrong. I don't know what, but I did. And now the phone shows the Motorola logo and then shuts off. I tried the UnStuck tool thing in the Batman utility, but I don't have the .211 update on my SD card and I have no way of getting it onto there. Please, what can I do?! RSD Lite? Something?!

I was on the .211 OTA

#2 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Well... Take the sd card out of your phone. Throw the .211 update on there and try the utility again...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Well... Take the sd card out of your phone. Throw the .211 update on there and try the utility again...

I have no way of putting the update onto the card. That is the problem.

#4 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'm not sure i understand that you have absolutely no way of getting it on there... You don't have a PC? A friend with a PC?

#5 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'm not sure i understand that you have absolutely no way of getting it on there... You don't have a PC? A friend with a PC?

How do I put the microSD card into the PC?

#6 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:33 AM

If you have a micro sd adapter then you can plug straight into your PC if it has the right input for it. Or if you have a backup phone, which i recommend having if you mod your RAZR, you can put the Sd card into a backup phone and put the update on that way with a USB cable.

#7 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

If you have a micro sd adapter then you can plug straight into your PC if it has the right input for it. Or if you have a backup phone, which i recommend having if you mod your RAZR, you can put the Sd card into a backup phone and put the update on that way with a USB cable.

I tried using an old flip-phone and it's telling me there's no SD card inserted. I tried two. Omg.

#8 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

I tried using an old flip-phone and it's telling me there's no SD card inserted. I tried two. Omg.

Those probably only support small sd cards. Do you have a 1 or 2 GB SD card laying around?

#9 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Oh and make sure your RAZR is off. If you get a low battery in this state you will find it more difficult to recover.

#10 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Those probably only support small sd cards. Do you have a 1 or 2 GB SD card laying around?

I have tried 2GB and 16GB. Let's say I go to Best Buy and purchase an adapter for my computer. Where can I find the .211 file and how can I get my phone up and running again? What are the chances of it working?

#11 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Maybe you can find a SD card adapter somewhere such as WalMart.

#12 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

I'm no expert at all, but you should be able to copy the .211 file to your SD card using an adapter and your computer. Then you should be able to download Matt's 1.7 utility from this website. From there, I think you should be able to use Matt's 1.7 utility to reinstall the .211 ICS.

#13 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm no expert at all, but you should be able to copy the .211 file to your SD card using an adapter and your computer. Then you should be able to download Matt's 1.7 utility from this website. From there, I think you should be able to use Matt's 1.7 utility to reinstall the .211 ICS.

But I don't know exactly which options to use in his utility. I'm about to go out and buy an adapter.

#14 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

But I don't know exactly which options to use in his utility. I'm about to go out and buy an adapter.

There are instructions in Matt's thread. Follow his instructions and you'll have a working RAZR.

• 2302jason likes this

#15 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Option 2...the one called "Unbrick ICS 6.16.211" go figure.
  • RobertWhitten87 likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#16 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

Option 2...the one called "Unbrick ICS 6.16.211" go figure.

Ya, I took a second look at the program and saw that, but I figured it'd be more complicated than that. Thanks, guys. Hopefully this works.

#17 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

When I turn the phone off, it'll automatically turn back on and eventually the Motorola logo will go away. Then the screen is very very dimly lit and it's just a black screen. Will the phone charge if I plug it in? Because I won't be able to go to Best Buy for like 5 hours.
  • jirmiku likes this

#18 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

When I turn the phone off, it'll automatically turn back on and eventually the Motorola logo will go away. Then the screen is very very dimly lit and it's just a black screen. Will the phone charge if I plug it in? Because I won't be able to go to Best Buy for like 5 hours.

No it won't charge. Hold in both volume buttons and power for about 8 seconds i think. From the fastboot menu select power off.

• 2302jason likes this

#19 sherri

sherri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Twitter:sherri64
  • LocationMy own personal hell....

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

By far no expert here. Did OP install the safeboot? He seems to be having same issue I had at first...When I got the Motorola logo, I had to use recovery method to get to "unsafe" side and use that recovery.

Best bet is the sd card adapter. My house has awful Wi-Fi. I downloaded the utility onto my laptop while at gym, which has amazing Wi-Fi. Couldn't get the actual files for ROM at same time. Had to use home desktop, put phones sd card into reader, put file on it. Put card in phone, and followed steps from there.

Also, if phone is powered off and then put on wall charger, why wont it charge? Mine is...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
Disappointed and hurt. Not surprised.

#20 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

<br />Also, if phone is powered off and then put on wall charger, why wont it charge? Mine is...<br /><br />Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

<br /><br />It will assuming your phone is currently working. His phone is not booting. <br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users