Pft, after a few hours of reading and trouble shooting I figured I'd share my find. I see a lot of threads concerning this error message. Let me start by explaining what I did to cause this error. I was looking for an effective way to install my apps directly to the external sd without having to mount and unmount folders. I tried this method and found tons of bugs and more of a hassle then anything. So I found a thread explaining how to "Switch internal and external memory card" via Root Explorer from xda developers. (Not sure of the forum rules about posting links from other forums, so I'm not going to do that unless asked) Either way, I followed the guide and it did what it said. It used my external storage as my internal storage and directly installed all my apps to the external flawlessly. I later realized that my PC was not recognizing my device through USB and I kept getting the "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" error. I did everything I could think of other then doing "another" factory restore. At my wits end, I decided to backtrack my steps and "undo" the changes i made to the system files I altered to see if it would fix the error. Upon doing my steps in reverse, I realized I skipped a step! So here's the steps that i took to enable the external sd as primary storage:
Mount the external SD in place internal SD.
Option for editing via Root Explorer
- Go to the folder "System" to set it right R / W.
- Find the file "build.prop" and open it as a text.
- Find the line "persist.fuse_sdcard = true" (in the middle of the file)
- Change the "true" to "false". It turns out "persist.fuse_sdcard = false"
- Save and exit. To turn off the simulation data / media on the internal SD
- Go to the folder "/ system / etc" and find the file "vold.fstab"
- Separates it as text.
- Find the line "dev_mount sdcard / storage/sdcard1 auto / devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host"
- Change the "1" to "0"
- Add the line "dev_mount external / storage/sdcard1 auto / data / media" (This is the step that I overlooked and caused the error!)
- Save and exit. Now External SD card is mounted in place internal SD.
I can in no way take credit for this and feel I need to give credit where it is is do. So I'd like to give a shout out and a "Thank You" to
at XDA Dev
So those of you who have not been able to solve this error, this may be a solution... Good luck!