149 replies to this topic

#121 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

The name of the file is different too. It's Blur_Version.9.30.1.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip

I'm grabbing it from your link now and will compare it to the one Kaos posted.  If it's different then the advanced users have some work to do.  Give me a minute.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#122 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

hmm, so could this be the final update?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I don't know what this question means.

#123 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR HD, HTC Rezound

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

OK, the name of the file is different so is it possible this is what was pushed to everyone, not the soak

#124 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

since your getting it to compare it sounds like you would have answered without me asking ;)

#125 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Kaos and advanced users listen up now.  This update that XE_Nerd posted is *NOT* the same as the soak update!  It will update from the 9.30.1 FXZ.  The release keys are different.  I need an unlocked user to FXZ with the 9.30.1 FXZ and then apply this update.  It should work.  There's other tests I want done, too, but try this first.

#126 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

since your getting it to compare it sounds like you would have answered without me asking ;)

Yes.  It's not the same update that was sent out through soak.  Which is freaking odd at best.  We'll need to look into this but in short, this may solve all the stupid problems people had with installing the soak update.

#127 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

so me being completely stock I should be able to install this through the stock recovery

#128 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

Seriously interesting.  I am speechless.  XE_Nerd, thank you for bringing this up. 

• SamuriHL and johnthehillbilly like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#129 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

Maybe.  :)  It depends on a lot of things.  I would say likely yes but this is complicated now.  Thanks for posting that though as this is a VERY unique situation we've never seen before...the soak build is *DIFFERENT* than the OTA build. That's never happened before and is why we were confused.  This isn't an overly great situation.

#130 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Kaos and advanced users listen up now.  This update that XE_Nerd posted is *NOT* the same as the soak update!  It will update from the 9.30.1 FXZ.  The release keys are different.  I need an unlocked user to FXZ with the 9.30.1 FXZ and then apply this update.  It should work.  There's other tests I want done, too, but try this first.

I downloaded what Kaos uploaded and compared it to the file I got via the soak test and they are identical. I've verified file sizes, date timestamps, etc and they are exactly identical to what was pushed to me from Motorola during the soak test. So, those of us that were on 9.30.1, this is what we received.

My issue, when trying to install it, was that I didn't know it updated the recovery, which is what is does when you initially install the soak test file. It then reboots back into recovery and you must install the OTA again to start the 2nd stage of the install, but the sequence to get to the recovery is different under KK, which is what confused me. vol-up + power is quite different from vol-up + vol-down. Tsk, tsk, Motorola for doing that to us! :angry:

Anyways, what Kaos posted is exactly the same as what I received in the soak test. Just wanted to give an FWIW to everyone.

It's still pretty bad how Motorola did this. Not good QA if you ask me.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#131 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

I downloaded what Kaos uploaded and compared it to the file I got via the soak test and they are identical. I've verified file sizes, date timestamps, etc and they are exactly identical to what was pushed to me from Motorola during the soak test. So, those of us that were on 9.30.1, this is what we received.

My issue, when trying to install it, was that I didn't know it updated the recovery, which is what is does when you initially install the soak test file. It then reboots back into recovery and you must install the OTA again to start the 2nd stage of the install, but the sequence to get to the recovery is different under KK, which is what confused me. vol-up + power is quite different from vol-up + vol-down. Tsk, tsk, Motorola for doing that to us! :angry:

Anyways, what Kaos posted is exactly the same as what I received in the soak test. Just wanted to give an FWIW to everyone.

It's still pretty bad how Motorola did this. Not good QA if you ask me.

Kaos uploaded the soak. The different one is the one posted by XE_Nerd from XDA

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#132 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Kaos uploaded the soak. The different one is the one posted by XE_Nerd from XDA

This.  And the one posted by XE_Nerd is different than the soak build.  I compared the two and there's enough of a difference to matter in terms of installing.

#133 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

also one is 13MB and the other nearly 500

#134 XE_Nerd

XE_Nerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

installed with a locked phone stock phone, after initially starting the install and the phone restarted it when into a boot load loop, restarted back into recovery and the new recovery was installed, finished the update with out problems running it again in the new recovery.

I'm also getting the pop noise when the phone starts to play a sound sometimes. quite annoying but the performance boost is quite nice. haven't had much time to mess with it.

• ibolski likes this

#135 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

Anyone who installed saferoot may run into a problem installing the new update.  Keeping root with this update?  BAHAHA, no.  If you're unlocked, obviously you can use CWM recovery to install supersu.  Locked users....not happening.

#136 MrFox243

MrFox243

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

so any news on which update would be the "better" one to take? kinda anxious to have kitkat on my locked HD.

#137 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Not the soak.

#138 MrFox243

MrFox243

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Not the soak.

Okay, so just take the regular OTA, I assume?

#139 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,449 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

It depends on what you're on now.  But the OTA updates 9.30.1 so if that's the version that shows for you, then yes.

#140 MrFox243

MrFox243

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

It depends on what you're on now.  But the OTA updates 9.30.1 so if that's the version that shows for you, then yes.

I am on the latest update before this kitkat ota came out. im completely locked down so there is no point in me staying on 4.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users