n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:jimfromthegym
  • Google+:thejimmackin
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:27 AM

Has anyone else experienced 4g Connection issues other than the Verizon outage while being rooted?

It seems that I am only getting 2 bars of 4G for a few minutes then the connection just drops completely.

I am currently rooted and have been able to get a full 5 bars of 4G service with my Samsung Droid Charge in the same spot.

Any advice would be great!

~Jim
Droid

#2 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Rooting has nothing to do with changing what cell signal you will get, but the ROM your using or root apps you have installed may. Are you on stock? Updated to .748? Need some more details.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#3 djsmurf

djsmurf

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter:djsmurf2000

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

I think its a big red issue I have on had one bar all day

Donate $10 or more to our Phones For Devs Giveaway and get a Custom Forum title and help the Make a wish Foundation details here:

http://www.droidrzr....-custom-titles/

Posted Image

#4 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Twitter:tumblweed65
  • Google+:kend65
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

I have had connection issued since I got the razr. I don't understand it tho. I have full bars at home now and never had more than 2 on my tbolt but date randomly drops.cant switch from 3g to 4g or back I sometimes have to reboot my phone to reconnect. running stock well no custom ROM) and with the .748 update applied.I was under the impression the razr had a better radio than most other phones. anything that can help this?

#5 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Twitter:nix80908
  • LocationDenver, CO - USA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

My conenction issues seem fine. I notice a difference between using .744 and .748 based ROMS though. it could be related to the known data switching issues of .744.

If you're experiencing data connectivity issues it's likely your location (IE basement, too far from tower, odd signal mesh, etc). If you feel it's a real big issue go to Big Red and see what they can do to answer your issues. At this point, I'm not sure it's software related. Since the OTA Update it's been very okay for me. Even RAZRX v1.1 (the only ROM I know based on ,748 build) is keeping true to that trend.

#6 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

My conenction issues seem fine. I notice a difference between using .744 and .748 based ROMS though. it could be related to the known data switching issues of .744.

If you're experiencing data connectivity issues it's likely your location (IE basement, too far from tower, odd signal mesh, etc). If you feel it's a real big issue go to Big Red and see what they can do to answer your issues. At this point, I'm not sure it's software related. Since the OTA Update it's been very okay for me. Even RAZRX v1.1 (the only ROM I know based on ,748 build) is keeping true to that trend.

No matter when I'm on .744 or .748 I get connectivity problems when my radio turns on. Cellular data will be enabled and it can many minutes to turn on 3G. I usually have to go turn on Airplane mode, turn it back off and hope it turns on right away. Works 1/3 of the time. Kind of annoying.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#7 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

I remember having to do that with .744, but never with .748 --- Hmm
Maybe that's an issue that needs to be brought up on the moto support forums?

#8 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

I had most of my connectivity issues fixed with the OTA update, it actually made the phone useable.

Fixed the 4G connectivity, fixed the motorola.home crashes, fixed the general laginess of the phone, and fixed the camera focus.

One thing I have noticed however is I swear the battery is dying faster, not getting better as they claimed would happen with the update.

I have a feeling that you may be on the old firmware, once we know for sure we can try to help. More info needed.

:-D :-D

#9 DarkestSpawn

DarkestSpawn

Tester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Has anyone else experienced 4g Connection issues other than the Verizon outage while being rooted?

It seems that I am only getting 2 bars of 4G for a few minutes then the connection just drops completely.

I am currently rooted and have been able to get a full 5 bars of 4G service with my Samsung Droid Charge in the same spot.

Any advice would be great!

~Jim

I sometimes have data cut-outs often as well. I have noticed improvement when I force enable data using Juice defender via the toggle data widget. If you have that, you should give it a try and let me know if it works for you as well.
-Beta Mod-
-Grand Master of the Testing-

Posted Image

#10 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Unless my phone is lying in the about phone I'm on the update

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

5.11KB   5 downloads

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

#11 tumbleweed65

tumbleweed65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

First pic was unreadable

12.5KB   6 downloads

Sent from a device of some sort. Maybe such a new device that I only had to think it..... BAM it is here

#12 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

On the Motorola Support Forums there any many complaints about having problems keeping and/or starting a data connection. It might be the kernals they use.

#13 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

Might sound silly but im trying a new sim card and its been better (only about 4 hours testing.) Ill update after work day is over. I got a new phone sent with sim card yesterday and the new phone had bubblegum on it (wtf???) So the guy couldnt send me a new one until these three go back...yeah ive had some issues. If this works with new sim card ill be a really happy camper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#14 nix80908

nix80908

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

Hmm maybe I was part of the lucky few then? LOL

#15 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Any one else still having connection problems? I finally found a raze with no manufacturing problems (bad speaker, screen, power button mashed) I was starting to think that Verizon doesn't even look at.the certified pre owned.ones. Now I have one that's perfect but data drops often even when set to 3g only. IM in the Richmond Virginia area. Should I keep exchanging or is this normal??? IM on the leaked ota with Arctic ROM installed. please advise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TapatalkI'd like to also say on 3g I have full bars and 4g 3 bars.

#16 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Maybe this is why?????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#17 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

I will say that since i got my phone very rarely do i get 4g to work.. its normally useable around 2 or 3 am est. but other than that i have no 4g and getting 3g to stay connected can be a trick sometimes
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#18 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

I went to verizon today to play with some of the phones. .. and root a few Lol I love messing with them. and all the 4g phones didnt have data ALL OF THEM.. and i loved the sign above them all..

VERIZON AMERICAS MOST RELIABLE 4G NETWORK....
LIES
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users