droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

I know this subject has been discussed in detail but I have a little twist.  When I restart in recovery mode, ap fastboot, and plug into usb port the device is not found by RSD lite, if I select BP SBF Flash mode RSD lite finds phone, I have tried uninstalling and reinstall latest drivers from Motorola's site. This is a totally stock phone, I heard the glass breaking sound effect of a reboot when phone was in my shirt pocket, the next time I looked at the phone it was stuck on dual core screen, called Verizon went thru wipe cache and reset to factory, no help, called Motorola did same.  Can BP SBF Flash mode be use to unbrick?, Any other Ideas?

#2 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

I know this subject has been discussed in detail but I have a little twist.  When I restart in recovery mode, ap fastboot, and plug into usb port the device is not found by RSD lite, if I select BP SBF Flash mode RSD lite finds phone, I have tried uninstalling and reinstall latest drivers from Motorola's site. This is a totally stock phone, I heard the glass breaking sound effect of a reboot when phone was in my shirt pocket, the next time I looked at the phone it was stuck on dual core screen, called Verizon went thru wipe cache and reset to factory, no help, called Motorola did same.  Can BP SBF Flash mode be use to unbrick?, Any other Ideas?I

Are you totally Stock?

If you are and your Phone is Stock (Not Rooted)  bring it back to Verizon...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3 droidjim

droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Yes, totally stock, at 18 months old they will be happy to replace for 150.00, trying to repair myself

#4 droidjim

droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Actually that was direct from Motorola, Verizon's idea was add a new line, get a new phone, switch phone numbers then down grade original line to a flip phone, adding 9.99 a month to my account

#5 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

When are in AP Fastboot and you plug in by USB (with no programs open) did a notification pop up on PC saying installing device drivers?.... it should have.... double check to ensure you have the newest Moto drivers..... if you need them you can get them here ...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• droidjim likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Oh, and do not have phone plugged in while installing the drivers..... sometimes it just don't play nice....
  • droidjim likes this

jhf.png

#7 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Have you tried putting it in AP fastboot and flashing the files with Matt's utility? Sometimes rsdlite can be a pain, as to where Matt's utility sometimes works better than rsdlite.... just a thought... if you can get to ap fastboot you should be able to flash an image unless your battery is dead... even then a OEM Motorola cable will still allow you to flash... look around the forums here there are a lot of threads on how to flash even with a dead battery. Somewhere is even a detailed guide to make your own OEM factory cable if you can't wait for one to be shipped. If you can access ap fastboot you can still fix your phone. Just make sure to get the correct fast boot files for your system version... if you were bone stock I imagine you had jellybean so I'd use the jb utility.(unless you never took the update which is highly unlikely, then use the ICS utility)

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

#8 droidjim

droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

When are in AP Fastboot and you plug in by USB (with no programs open) did a notification pop up on PC saying installing device drivers?.... it should have.... double check to ensure you have the newest Moto drivers..... if you need them you can get them here ...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I wasn't 100 percent sure that phone was unplugged when drivers installed so I uninstalled version 6.2 drivers, same as your link, reinstalled then put phone in fastboot mode and plugged in with the original usb cable, PC has no reaction what so ever when phone is plugged in in fastboot mode, rebooted phone and put it in BP SPF flash mode and PC recognized phone and installed Motorola flash interface driver

#9 droidjim

droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Have you tried putting it in AP fastboot and flashing the files with Matt's utility? Sometimes rsdlite can be a pain, as to where Matt's utility sometimes works better than rsdlite.... just a thought... if you can get to ap fastboot you should be able to flash an image unless your battery is dead... even then a OEM Motorola cable will still allow you to flash... look around the forums here there are a lot of threads on how to flash even with a dead battery. Somewhere is even a detailed guide to make your own OEM factory cable if you can't wait for one to be shipped. If you can access ap fastboot you can still fix your phone. Just make sure to get the correct fast boot files for your system version... if you were bone stock I imagine you had jellybean so I'd use the jb utility.(unless you never took the update which is highly unlikely, then use the ICS utility)

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Yes I downloaded and installed Matt's utility, I believe it was version 1.82 for jellybean, it just sets at "waiting for device"

#10 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

Yes I downloaded and installed Matt's utility, I believe it was version 1.82 for jellybean, it just sets at "waiting for device"

Try Holding the Power Button down until it Flickers hopefully this will stop your Bootloop...about 10 seconds

#11 droidjim

droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Try Holding the Power Button down until it Flickers hopefully this will stop your Bootloop...about 10 seconds

When its in ap fastboot mode holding the power button will shut the phone down but it's not in a Bootloop, the program is waiting because the PC doesn't see the phone in ap fastboot mode, it only see the phone in BP SBF Flash mode

#12 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

When its in ap fastboot mode holding the power button will shut the phone down but it's not in a Bootloop, the program is waiting because the PC doesn't see the phone in ap fastboot mode, it only see the phone in BP SBF Flash mode

Droidjim...
Yes it should...Unplug your device from your PC make sure your not in Fastboot Mode...

Hold Power Down Longer or until it Blinks...than it'll resets back to the Red Logo

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#13 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

droidjim...

The more I think of your situation...If your Stock (Not Rooted) bring it back to Verizon...Not Sure why your using Matt Utilities or Fastboot if your not Rooted...

Maybe I am missing something...

#14 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

If the phone is not being seen by the computer after all that you have tried..... it is sounding more and more like a random hardware failure rather than software.... if that it the case none of the utilities, (RSDlite, House of Moto) will fix your problem......... like bubba said, I would consider taking it back to Verizon (or if you can, buy a replacement from swappa or eBay, etc) ......

jhf.png

#15 droidjim

droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

Droidjim...
Yes it should...Unplug your device from your PC make sure your not in Fastboot Mode...

Hold Power Down Longer or until it Blinks...than it'll resets back to the Red Logo

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Your are correct holding the power button longer reboots the phone, red logo followed by "DROID" followed by breaking glass then dual core logo, at no time doe the computer recognize the phone, so if the pc can't see the phone neither can any utility, tried again just to be sure, all 4 options, I only get waiting for device

#16 droidjim

droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

If the phone is not being seen by the computer after all that you have tried..... it is sounding more and more like a random hardware failure rather than software.... if that it the case none of the utilities, (RSDlite, House of Moto) will fix your problem......... like bubba said, I would consider taking it back to Verizon (or if you can, buy a replacement from swappa or eBay, etc) ......

So as far as you know there is no way to flash thru BP SBF Flash mode

#17 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

So as far as you know there is no way to flash thru BP SBF Flash mode

AFAIK no you can't .......... you are welcome to try but obviously it will be at your own risk.....

jhf.png

#18 droidjim

droidjim

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcleveland ohio

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

AFAIK no you can't .......... you are welcome to try but obviously it will be at your own risk.....

I hear what your saying  but I always say, Its broken, what am I going to do, break it.  :)  Thank you all for your thoughts

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#19 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

I hear what your saying but I always say, Its broken, what am I going to do, break it. :) Thank you all for your thoughts

I feel the same way...... :) ..... throw caution to the wind LOL ....

jhf.png

#20 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

I hear what your saying but I always say, Its broken, what am I going to do, break it. :) Thank you all for your thoughts

How Old is this Phone? Is it still under warrant...

You're the Customer... Be Steadfast period

They need to fix it...it's a Service provided by Verizon... Its important...
if its theit problem be adamant about resolve...

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users