The Future Of Vzw?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image

We all know that the 28th of June was doomsday for a lot of VZW loyalist. All VZW customers from here on out will have to pay full retail price on their desired phones if they are wanting to keep their unlimited data. Now this is of no shock to me and like many others I thought "well i have a update might as well use it". So I thought why not get the SGS3. Well as the past few days have unraveled, VZW has started to lock down the new Samsung Galaxy S3 and maybe all future devices. Now when I saw this I was not shocked anymore, I have moved on to utterly infuriated. I pre-ordered this phone to have as a second phone and to mix it up a little bit. I am a true Motorola fanboy at heart, but hey having more then one phone is just the way I am.
Now to the real purpose of this article. Big Red will keep pushing us (The development Community) around because lets face it people, we make up under 2% of their user base. They don't care about us and the bottom line is that they never will. The only way we can hurt them is in numbers and in dollars and cents . I have been following this same subject closely over at XDA and hope to get more people to join the fight in this carrior lock down. If we don't speak up now then we may never see a unlocked device again on VZW besides the Nexus branded phones. So what does this mean? Should we all just let this go on? Do we have a say in it? Well a lot of people say we do have a voice in this matter. Many of us around here have been dealing with a locked boot loader for a very long time and we have made uproars before. But maybe now with many other sites behind the fight we might be able to do something. Please take the time to sign and file complaints. Nobody really knows what the outcome to this will be. But if we just sit back and watch instead of aiming the light at the right people, we have nobody to blame but ourselves.These petitions will lead to our voices being heard and a chance that a new future will be paved. Although I remain skeptical, I still have hope that we can make a difference. Below is the link to XDA where the petitions can be found. Thank you to all that read this and want to try to make a well needed change. We are stronger in numbers then we are alone!

DirtyDroidX

If you belong to any other site please pass the word and ask them to post this article from XDA. Thank you.

Below is the OP from XDA located

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Verizon's Bootloader is either Locked, encrypted etc... for the Samsung Galaxy S3

It may get unlocked Unofficially in the near future. Do not be satisfied wth this.

We need it Officially Unlocked by Verizon.

Here is a prime example of why we want it Official

Originally Posted by supercurio

Hello guys.

I started contacting Engadget who will probably run a story about this Verizon-specific bootloader lock on Galaxy S III.

I want this bootloader change to be reverted, it's a huge mistake Verizon makes here.
Also, clearly I suggest to anyone here returning their device, get your money back, switch of carrier if needed and buy something else instead.

If anyone is wondering, I won't publish any apps (like planned Display Expert) on this Verizon device because even if eventually an unlocking method or workaround is found, it's likely it will be broken by future firmwares updates.

It means there's a too high risk users or buyers of my root apps will be unable to use it at some point, being disappointed and frustrated, sorry pals.

And I got in the loop Anandtech as well. No promises but there will be coverage.

The only thing we can do at this point is protest this any way we can.

I am asking each and everyone of you on Verizon or any other Carrier to Sign below.

I am also asking that anyone with any access to news sites, Verizon on Twitter, Facebook, etc... or knows anyone that does... call them out. Blow up there Twitter accounts.

Anything you can do to help the cause

We need to do this on a massive scale and force them to Officially unlock the boot loader.

THE KEY IS BAD PRESS FOR VERIZON

Leave a comment below.

Thanks, Incubus

Here are some sites that have picked up the story already. Let me know when you find more.

• mugsy77, mattlgroff, TopherRZ and 1 other like this

#2 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

The future of VZW sucks. They will find a way to p**s all their customers off eventually. Not that they haven't done a good job of it already.

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#3 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

They constantly piss me off, but what can you do? Where I live if you want your phone to work an not constantly drop calls its vzw or nothing. They basically have zero competition because they have the best coverage.

I actually heard a guy in the store threaten to leave an go to sprint. The rep actually told him "that's fine, we have plenty of customers"

#4 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

I personally hope they lose so many customer that they go bankrupt. Will it happen? No. People don't stand up for themselves anymore, the majority of Verizon customers are just going to go with the flow and stay with them. Myself, I'm gone as soon as I figure out where I'm going. I'll blast Twitter, Facebook and Google+ to try and get as many people as I can to follow in my footsteps.
  • imandroid likes this

#5 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

I would also, but sprint or att has got to step up there networks around here first. this is my only phone, so it has to work lol
  • Aliceics likes this

#6 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

I'm sure us .5% will be the fall of Verizon :(

#7 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

Is verizon the nwo of mobile carriers? What a joke they make of us the consumer. Now with ics on RAZR how about if you don't like it and want to roll back, you can't due to the locked bootloader. Whats next, charging me for the amount of memory i use on my phone. Thanks verizon for taking over my device.

R3Ds Themes

#8 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I personally hope they lose so many customer that they go bankrupt. Will it happen? No. People don't stand up for themselves anymore, the majority of Verizon customers are just going to go with the flow and stay with them. Myself, I'm gone as soon as I figure out where I'm going. I'll blast Twitter, Facebook and Google+ to try and get as many people as I can to follow in my footsteps.

Well said my friend.

It seems peeps on XDA are criticizing my post, because of grammar. I wrote that threw my BT in the car. I try to help ppl out and I get spit on. Got to love the jungle!

#9 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

I had to pay 25 bucks for a petition what kinda $!#7 is that......how do i get my 25.00 back WTF....Not that I dont support the cause but Why should I pay that to voice my opinion

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#10 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm sure us .5% will be the fall of Verizon

<br />But if a average user has same problems with ota and want to restore to gb they can't. That's not fair to anyone.<br /><br />R3Ds Themes

#11 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Well said my friend.

It seems peeps on XDA are criticizing my post, because of grammar. I wrote that threw my BT in the car. I try to help ppl out and I get spit on. Got to love the jungle!

I got your back bro....... Vzw has been pushing ppl far too long

Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#12 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

I got your back bro....... Vzw has been pushing ppl far too long

Xda sucks, its not worth going there, too much drama.

R3Ds Themes
  • Thach likes this

#13 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm moving my 5 lines as they go off contract, f them. T-Mobile in NYC is OK with network or sprint. Need to see device lineup on both.
R3Ds Themes

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Well said my friend.

With all due respect, and pardon my language, but f**k XDA. F**k Verizon, F**k Moto for letting Verizon tell them wtf to do, and F**k Google for not doing anything about it. I'll say it right now, without Android, Verizon is nothing! They outsell iPhones on a daily basis.

/end rant

Edited by spc_hicks09, 08 July 2012 - 02:58 PM.

• imandroid, scottguest11, joeyx2 and 4 others like this

#15 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

With all due respect, and pardon my language, but f**k XDA. F**k Verizon, F**k Moto for letting Verizon tell them wtf to do, and F**k Google for not doing anything about it. I'll say it right now, without Android, Verizon is nothing! They outsell iPhones on a daily basis.

/end rant

Hehe +1 again! Gary lets go get iPhones. Lol no never in a million years :-p
  • scottguest11 likes this

#16 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Lets just hope Google will have their own wireless carrier in the future. I think that'll solve our problems with these greedy carriers.

#17 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Lets just hope Google will have their own wireless carrier in the future. I think that'll solve our problems with these greedy carriers.

Yes! This would be something!

#18 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:gexx

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

I had to pay 25 bucks for a petition what kinda $!#7 is that......how do i get my 25.00 back WTF....Not that I dont support the cause but Why should I pay that to voice my opinion

Do you see the i in ipartition always extra money for the I

#19 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

You do no that is just a option to donate you dont have too. Its free to sign the petition. If you did donate i think you have 24 hours to request a refund.

Sent from my XT913. Using Tapatalk 7 beta 89

#20 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

/end rant

Sometimes I have to look at what you write twice cause it looks like something I would say but don't remember saying it lmao.

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard WiFi (XOOM 2 ME)

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users