#21 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm guessing Verizon sees the locked boot loader as a way to minimize false warranty claims? I can't think of any other reason why they would want it locked, and we all know there are people that will turn in bricked phones on warranty claims.

#22 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm guessing Verizon sees the locked boot loader as a way to minimize false warranty claims? I can't think of any other reason why they would want it locked, and we all know there are people that will turn in bricked phones on warranty claims.

Other way around. If you have an unlocked boot loader, people will never brick their phones. However, with a boot loader you seeing lots of people getting bricked and doing warranty claims.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • imandroid and joeyx2 like this

#23 imandroid

imandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Twitter:imandroid11

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

In all honesty its my device I buy off contract give the individual the opportunity have the device unlocked. It can be done I'm fed up with Verizon here's a GREAT BIG F$%K YOU Your shared plans are a joke I cant wait till I go to AT&T or T-Mobile both kick rear end in the Philly Area.

#24 LGeX

LGeX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:ExCalibur_XV
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Posted this over on the Galaxy Nexus forums. Which is where I belong since I've sold my Razr ;)

#25 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Before anyone asks, a edit was made to the OP and it for some reason jacked up the format. We are looking into the issue so please hang tight.

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard WiFi (XOOM 2 ME)

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#26 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Before anyone asks, a edit was made to the OP and it for some reason jacked up the format. We are looking into the issue so please hang tight.

Had that happen quite a few times lol, gotta redo the entire OP now. It sucks.

#27 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Had that happen quite a few times lol, gotta redo the entire OP now. It sucks.

Just like that, I have it fixed without retyping the entire thing :D

#28 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Just like that, I have it fixed without retyping the entire thing :D

Ok smarty but you had to go through and delete all the format text, then add back the format lol.

#29 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Ok smarty but you had to go through and delete all the format text, then add back the format lol.

Nope. I copy and pasted the entire thing before I clicked submit the first time. So i just had to delete it all and paste again. :P

#30 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Nope. I copy and pasted the entire thing before I clicked submit the first time. So i just had to delete it all and paste again. :P

Cheater -_-

#31 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Other way around. If you have an unlocked boot loader, people will never brick their phones. However, with a boot loader you seeing lots of people getting bricked and doing warranty claims.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

VZ must see some benefit to the lock or else they wouldn't do it. Maybe they think custom kernel = overclock = melted CPU.

#32 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Shanks

#33 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks ND

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Shanks

No problem, anything to keep the grammar police off your back and bring them my way lmao.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#34 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Shanks

#35 fusion3286

fusion3286

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:stephen_lacman
  • Google+:Stephen Lacman
  • LocationBoston

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

I, for one, will be leaving verizon when my contract is up.
OG Razr -- INFEKTED -- .211, .214 kernel -- InteractiveX governor

#36 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Lol no i meant to say shanks that's how my daughter says it:)

#37 JMSexton

JMSexton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:JarrettSexton
  • LocationMD/PA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Lol no i meant to say shanks that's how my daughter says it:)

Lol Pretty sure Hicks was trying to make you comfortable, like XDA, and be your grammar police. Don't you just love the little things, I know I love it when my daughter does stuff like that. (Triple checked for grammar... But probably still failed somewhere haha)

Sent telepathically from my Droid X... I mean Razr Maxx

#38 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

I have been with vzw for a long time. Long time! I have 6 devices including tablets with them. Sadly they suckered me in to renewing early to miss the shared data. But I will be dust in the wind just as soon as I see my exit.

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#39 Armus

Armus

The Skin of Evil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

I don't mind paying full price for a phone because that means I'll never sign a contract. If and when I want to leave, I can. But until that day, I will stream, tether, and download as much headache as I can for VZW. The want us gone. We tie up their bandwidth and forums like this encourage it- plus hacked tethering.

This company as usual cares only about its bottom line. If I could honestly say sprint or tmobile was different I'd switch but they are all alike. So switching to me isn't the answer.

A girl working in the local store tried to justify the price hikes to me saying some folks abuse the system. How do you abuse unlimited data? You bought it. They agreed to provide it. Their only stipulation was a contract period. Now they want to cry foul when people use what they pay for. Tough.

You want to make VZW hurt, lets see just how much bw we can use.

#40 OlDirtyGrizzly

OlDirtyGrizzly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationNewburgh, NY

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

as a fellow verizon 3rd party rep i do agree. i do not like how alot of these phones have locked bootloaders. i am a firm believer that if its yoru phone then it should be made your phone and you should be allowed to do whatever you want with it. dont get me wrong as a fellow verizon CUSTOMER i love the service. but i am mad that i have to buy a phone out right just to keep my unlimited data for me and my father. we both need our data for work and we do not want to loose that freedom. thats why we came to verizon to have the freedom of unlimited on a great service but then i was dissapointed and somewhat let down :/ Now when a customer comes in and wants to upgrade and look at their account and want to upgrade and it tells me they will loose their unlimited data i have to tell them to keep it because i feel like unlimited data is a brotherhood and i can not be dishonest nor can i let them get rid of it lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users