69 replies to this topic

#41 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

You might as well stay put. Everyone will soon change their plans to match. Not to mention the coverage of other providers... Might just have to switch back to an HTC phone

#42 KANYONKRITTER

KANYONKRITTER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

just stop playing nice all together and start working on getting FREE service :-)

#43 bravozero

bravozero

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

This is the reason why I stopped caring about what I do with my phone or service. I used to be concerned about using too much data even though I had unlimited because I thought they'd throttle me after a certain limit. Ever since the BS about trying to remove us from unlimited data, I've used as much as possible. So much that I don't use wifi anymore. They want to make a big deal out of people using a lot of bandwidth, oh well, don't offer the product. I have unlimited data, I plan on keeping it, and I will do as I please with it.

#44 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

You have to have Verizon where i live if you want to keep a decent signal. The 2nd best is AT&T and it is a far 2nd in my book. I went into a T-Mobile store over the holiday and they only offer up to 2g here at the present time. I talked with the girl working there and she was honest enough to show me she also had a Verizon phone due to the lack of towers. Now that's bad!

#45 en7gm4

en7gm4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/en7gm4
  • LocationtEXas

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

I think everyone needs to focus their attention on the phone manufacturers like samsung, htc, moto not verizon. If and this is a big if they refuse to allow verizon to lock their phone's bootloaders then what phones would verizon have to sell to their customers. We need to petition the manufacturers to not let verizon bully them into locking it. I would love to see an official letter from the top phone makers to verizon. Dear verizon wireless we will no longer support your carriers practice of locking our phones bootloader and we will not manufacturer phones until this practice is reverted. I bet verizon would back track on that if this would happen.

#46 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

V doesn't care about anything except making money. sign all the petitions you want. its their game and if you want to play in their court you pay their price whether it's 'buying' their phone( which you really never own) or their service. don't like what they offer? then go somewhere else. you'll probably go back for various reasons.
little people can't fight their attorneys, there isn't enough money for that. the gov't supports big business so little chance there. gov't let them just about monopolize the cdma cellular business just as in so many other corporate entities. not many other choices but gov't doesn't see it that way.
if the phone manufacturers don't want to lock the bootloaders for v...v goes somewhere else. i think i would lock them and whatever else v wants if i want to stay in business.
v changes their plans to rip you off more and know what? people pay it.
go prepaid screw v

#47 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think everyone needs to focus their attention on the phone manufacturers like samsung, htc, moto not verizon. If and this is a big if they refuse to allow verizon to lock their phone's bootloaders then what phones would verizon have to sell to their customers. We need to petition the manufacturers to not let verizon bully them into locking it. I would love to see an official letter from the top phone makers to verizon. Dear verizon wireless we will no longer support your carriers practice of locking our phones bootloader and we will not manufacturer phones until this practice is reverted. I bet verizon would back track on that if this would happen.

i doubt it. 99% of the cell phone users don't know what a bootloader is nor do they care. they just want something that can text and take pictures.

#48 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Lol... I'm done with the protests and petitions against Motorola and Verizon. They can both go to hell. I just picked up the galaxy S3 with tmobile and am saving $50/month easy. Have a 5gb high speed limit for $25/month and get decent speeds. When tmobile spends some of their 4billion on network upgrades and refarm their 1900mhz network I will be even happier! Better range and better speeds then LTE next year. Tmobile for the win. Oh and thus phone is BEYOND sick. Fully unlocked out of the box with jelly bean hopefully coming soon from dt. Can't wait...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

#49 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

They constantly piss me off, but what can you do? Where I live if you want your phone to work an not constantly drop calls its vzw or nothing. They basically have zero competition because they have the best coverage.

I actually heard a guy in the store threaten to leave an go to sprint. The rep actually told him "that's fine, we have plenty of customers"

only in a store say it on the phone to a manager they will damn near offer u anything except a unlocked bootloader

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#50 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

VZ must see some benefit to the lock or else they wouldn't do it. Maybe they think custom kernel = overclock = melted CPU.

thats not there problrm if u do melt the cpu your warranty will be voided so its insurance or a new phone at full retail. More money for them i bet verizon got stock in assurion

#51 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm guessing Verizon sees the locked boot loader as a way to minimize false warranty claims? I can't think of any other reason why they would want it locked, and we all know there are people that will turn in bricked phones on warranty claims.

u can brick a phone with a locked bootloader

#52 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

only in a store say it on the phone to a manager they will damn near offer u anything except a unlocked bootloader

Nope they are not even as helpful as they use to be on the phone for me. When I was having trouble with my first RAZR with the battery dying in 2 hrs or less I called an raised cain trying to get swapped to a maxx. Talked to everyone I could an there was no way they would do it. I even offered to pay another $100 over the $300 I paid for my razr.

But some people get them to swap them to a maxx. Wish I knew the trick, or magic word cause they wouldn't budge for me no matter what I said....

#53 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

Is verizon the nwo of mobile carriers? What a joke they make of us the consumer. Now with ics on RAZR how about if you don't like it and want to roll back, you can't due to the locked bootloader. Whats next, charging me for the amount of memory i use on my phone. Thanks verizon for taking over my device.

R3Ds Themes

you're finally figuring it out

#54 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Nope they are not even as helpful as they use to be on the phone for me. When I was having trouble with my first RAZR with the battery dying in 2 hrs or less I called an raised cain trying to get swapped to a maxx. Talked to everyone I could an there was no way they would do it. I even offered to pay another $100 over the $300 I paid for my razr.

But some people get them to swap them to a maxx. Wish I knew the trick, or magic word cause they wouldn't budge for me no matter what I said....

"BECAUSE a ton of people got them to swap to a Maxx, NOW they are not as helpful to you on the phone."

Fixed it for ya

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#55 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

I didn't even try to swap mine i won mine during #30daysofrazr contest

#56 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

buy the samsung with unlocked bootloader direct from samsung

#57 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

buy the samsung with unlocked bootloader direct from samsung

if Verizon allows Samsung phone with unlocked bootloader in their secure network, why not Motorola devices. Their is something fishy going on between Samsung and Verizon. They even promote the unlocked bootloader for the sgs3 but we Motorola users are ignore.

R3Ds Themes

#58 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

if Verizon allows Samsung phone with unlocked bootloader in their secure network, why not Motorola devices. Their is something fishy going on between Samsung and Verizon. They even promote the unlocked bootloader for the sgs3 but we Motorola users are ignore.

R3Ds Themes

They dont they locked down the sgs3

#59 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Think about it... have you ever seen a verizon commercial that was not motorola related. And if you have they are very very rare. Even the xmass commercial was 90% moto products. Rumor is. Rumor of course. Moto will lose all free advertising provided by VZW. I have not seen one vzw supported commercial on tv, cable, or satellite for the sg3.. anyone else seen a commercial with vzw, Gnex had no airtime at all from vzw ? Samsung does not need vzw's advertising. They are an electronic giant. That even design bridges for peats sake.

Tapped by my 4.04 RzrMaxx

#60 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

They dont they locked down the sgs3

I though they are selling a dev edition with unlocked bootloader.

R3Ds Themes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users